None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
5833 posts
502 upvotes
London
porksoda wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 2:02 am
if you hit the fan button it should toggle between auto/circulate. the system would have to be either in heat or ac mode for the fan to be on.
The only options for fan mode is 'ON' or 'AUTO'... What I was hoping to do was to have it run the fan only periodically throughout the day to circulate the air and regulate the temperature (especially overnight when power is cheaper).. On makes it run 24/7...

I thought I read somewhere about doing this, but it was before I bought it and I forget now.... maybe someone was talking about the Nest one...
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
2880 posts
531 upvotes
redgrandam wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 2:14 am
The only options for fan mode is 'ON' or 'AUTO'... What I was hoping to do was to have it run the fan only periodically throughout the day to circulate the air and regulate the temperature (especially overnight when power is cheaper).. On makes it run 24/7...

I thought I read somewhere about doing this, but it was before I bought it and I forget now.... maybe someone was talking about the Nest one...
Some Honeywell units require you to set it up so it has this option. It's not in the regular menu but the initial setup area; this initial setup has a bunch of options of how to setup any Honeywell thermostat. Try and find a installer manual from Honeywell perhaps?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2339 posts
253 upvotes
GTA
Went with the Amazon.ca $179 Nest 1.0, so far so good, no "C" wire
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28315 posts
821 upvotes
wildzero wrote:
Dec 4th, 2012 1:33 pm
Sign-up with Peaksaver!!!! It's completely free and so is the install....I don't understand why anybody would want to pay for a thermostat and install it themselves when your local hydro utilities is giving top-of-the-line models away for free!!!
Mine isn't.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
5833 posts
502 upvotes
London
bowmah wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:28 pm
Some Honeywell units require you to set it up so it has this option. It's not in the regular menu but the initial setup area; this initial setup has a bunch of options of how to setup any Honeywell thermostat. Try and find a installer manual from Honeywell perhaps?
Hmm. I'll have to look again. There is a hidden menu of those kinda of settings. Maybe it's in there.
× < >