Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HOT? $529.99 Greenworks Pro 21 in. 80V Mower and 16 in. Trimmer Combo

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2018 7:10 pm
May 20, 2011
312 posts
764 upvotes
CALGARY

[Costco] HOT? $529.99 Greenworks Pro 21 in. 80V Mower and 16 in. Trimmer Combo

Saw this set on Costco's website for 649.00 last week and wanted to wait for a price drop or show up in stores. Didn't think it was going to arrive this soon after the item was briefly taken off the website.

Read and saw some very good reviews so it should be a nice upgrade from my corded mower + trimmer (so frickin tired of cords). Was initially considering the 40V Kobalt trio from Lowe's but decided I wanted a 21-inch deck (the same size as my current corded mower) and MOAR POWER! Plus I heard the leaf blower is relatively weak...and I really have no use for one anyway.

Price breakdown: 649.99 - 100 (online discount) - 20 (MasterPass) + tax (5% AB) = 556.49

Not a frequent poster here so please go easy on me.
12 replies
Dec 25, 2017
119 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto, ON
80V!
Koodo 30gb/$25
3600x | RTX 3080 | Ncase M1 v6.1
iPhone 15PM | M2 Air
Aug 14, 2014
949 posts
947 upvotes
Any opinions on this? And how heavy is it vs a gas model?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3744 posts
6577 upvotes
Calgary
I have the 80V Kobalt mower (Lowes) which is the twin to the Greenworks. My take on the mower:

Pros:
- No smelly fumes
- Quiet, even when the motor revs up when it goes through thicker grass
- Can be stored vertically
- It's not light, but it's not heavy like a gas mower
- No need to deal with gas, oil, winterizing, etc.
- The two batteries should be sufficient for the typical sized city lot.
- Single lever to adjust deck height
- Deck is metal
- Brushless motor

Cons:
- Batteries can be costly to replace. Make sure you store them indoors during winters @ 50% capacity.
- If you're the kind of person that cuts once a month, these cordless mowers may have issues with tall, thick grass
Oct 2, 2014
339 posts
460 upvotes
Madden, AB
Cons: You're the guy in the neighborhood using a wussy electric mower.
May 20, 2011
312 posts
764 upvotes
CALGARY
shniper9 wrote: Cons: You're the guy in the neighborhood using a wussy electric mower.
/Sarcasm?

Lol I feel like that's the way these power tools are going. The initial cost is still more expensive than gas at the moment but it's not TOO far off. I would rather pay a little more now and not have to deal with the hassle of gas (and cords). Plus it's a lot cheaper to run electric than it is to run battery.
Jan 20, 2012
559 posts
494 upvotes
LONDON
shniper9 wrote: Cons: You're the guy in the neighborhood using a wussy electric mower.
What are you, 5? There’s nothing wrong with electric, and I have all gas tools. Considering going electric because of my small yard. Don’t need gas tools.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
1573 posts
168 upvotes
I say all the time I wish my neighbours would make more noise....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8233 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Not a terrible deal, but not a hot one either. What is the current Costco Warranty on something like this?
Sep 24, 2012
965 posts
376 upvotes
Etobicoke
i saw this is heartland costco store, dont remember the price.. it has $100 off tag as well if memory serves me right.

go check it in store as usually store price is lower than online