• Apr 5th, 2018 12:57 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1005 posts
497 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cheapmtl wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 1:36 pm
Come on, we're talking about a blender here.

I said that we pay the membership to shop in stores. Find me one person who pays for membership to shop for extended warranties online. tsss

The reason everyone is paying for membership is to shop in store...... am I wrong?
Well, when I got my Vizio TV back in December I needed to buy it online and needed this membership to get that extra (very important) warranty for $100. So I guess what you're saying is in most circumstances the membership will be useful only in store, but there's a couple of exceptions.
Happy Koodo customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1005 posts
497 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cheapmtl wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 1:52 pm
so you paid your membership just for the warranty. so basically your warranty cost you 184$ (membership and tax included).
Well, it's a totally different subject, but even at $184 this 5 years warranty would be a deal, compared to Best Buy. Extended warranty (and the basic 3 months) is one of Costco's jewel I think.

As for the rest, you're the one who said you don't need a membership to shop online. I just added some caveats, no need to go World War Three ;-)
Happy Koodo customer :-)
Oct 27, 2012
196 posts
38 upvotes
razzel wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 6:50 pm
I'm in the same boat. Most of what Ive read points toward the Vitamix. What made you opt for the blend tech?
Price was the main reason, plus no issues with returns at Costco if I had issues with it or simply didn't like it.
Aug 27, 2008
569 posts
93 upvotes
montreal
anyone have a link to a third party lid and tamper that has been alluded to? Sorry can't find it.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1397 posts
447 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just Buy This One!

Unbeatable Value. Similar Performance. Unbeatable Costco Refund Policy.

I've been using this as a daily driver. It makes excellent smoothies for $99.

If it craps out, just return it at Costco, get your money back and buy a new one.

Tristar Shred Emulsifier Blender
Oct 6, 2010
184 posts
201 upvotes
Markham
Placed order yesterday early morning and received it today!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1768 posts
782 upvotes
Montreal
BEWARE!!!!! This Blendtec is the exact same model discussed in a previous RFD thread with a known problem. Apparently it can randomly start jumping all over the counter like a monkey on acid when turned on. This is related to it not being heavy enough to counterbalance the motor, as heavier Blendtec models do not have this problem. See this thread:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-3 ... r-1854807/

Now we know why Costco is liquidating it!!!!
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4810 posts
2888 upvotes
Vancouver
deal_king wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:07 pm
BEWARE!!!!! This Blendtec is the exact same model discussed in a previous RFD thread with a known problem. Apparently it can randomly start jumping all over the counter like a monkey on acid when turned on. This is related to it not being heavy enough to counterbalance the motor, as heavier Blendtec models do not have this problem. See this thread:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-3 ... r-1854807/

Now we know why Costco is liquidating it!!!!
There is no widespread evidence that these models were "not heavy enough" and jumped all over the counter "like a monkey on acid". There's 2 posts in that thread, but if you look there's also dozens of other posts of people saying they are very happy with the model. Not to mention lots of good reviews on the internet. If this thing truly jumped around the counter it would have fallen off a countertop by now and killed a child, and there would be lawsuits galore. Costco isn't in the business of "liquidating" dangerous or unsafe goods. Give me a break.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1768 posts
782 upvotes
Montreal
adamtheman wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:21 pm
There is no widespread evidence that these models were "not heavy enough" and jumped all over the counter "like a monkey on acid". There's 2 posts in that thread, but if you look there's also dozens of other posts of people saying they are very happy with the model. Not to mention lots of good reviews on the internet. If this thing truly jumped around the counter it would have fallen off a countertop by now and killed a child, and there would be lawsuits galore. Costco isn't in the business of "liquidating" dangerous or unsafe goods. Give me a break.
There seem to be 6 different posters in that thread that mentioned an issue, not 2. That's a good portion of all the posters in the thread. Go and read it yourself. The model number seems to be exactly the same. The issue is not danger- the issue is that it jumps/moves around, which is irritating to a user who is expecting a Mercedes level blender. If you can tolerate the risk in return for paying $200 less than a different Blendtec model without this problem, then this blender is for you. There is also the possibility that they fixed the issue in later manufacturing runs.

And by the way, Costco doesn't own these units, Blendtec does. Costco.ca orders are usually dropshipped from the distributor/manufacturer and the cost of returns is always bourne by the manufacturer, not Costco. Costco.ca makes money regardless of whether the product is good or not. (But I get what you're saying- Costco members usually expect a higher quality of product/service)
Last edited by deal_king on Feb 14th, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3937 posts
225 upvotes
adamtheman wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:21 pm
My Classic would jump around too when pulverizing hard solids (for me it's usually ice that I put in to cool down my smoothies). It's not hard to put a hand lightly on the base for the first couple seconds until it starts chopping down any big solids.
Sep 20, 2005
194 posts
178 upvotes
photojunkie wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:04 pm
Placed order yesterday early morning and received it today!
Was your blender in a retail box? Mine come in a brown box
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1768 posts
782 upvotes
Montreal
RastaManMax wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:40 pm
My Classic would jump around too when pulverizing hard solids (for me it's usually ice that I put in to cool down my smoothies). It's not hard to put a hand lightly on the base for the first couple seconds until it starts chopping down any big solids.
How old is your Blendtec? I wonder if they've added more weight to some models since then to resolve the issue?
Oct 6, 2010
184 posts
201 upvotes
Markham
Aeragon wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:41 pm
Was your blender in a retail box? Mine come in a brown box
Came in a generic white box.