Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HOT Blendtec Designer with Wildside jar AND Twister jar $300 shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2018 12:57 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
Alvord wrote: My Blendtec just broke yesterday, less than 2 weeks of use. ERROR CODE E-02 “over load”
Well that just sucks. I’m wondering what will happen. Apparently these models were discontinued so I’m really interested to find out what they will do with a warranty claim. Keep us posted. I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction!
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
I returned the blendtec and bought a brand new vitamix 6500 from kijiji for 340.
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Jan 27, 2015
40 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I had a DOA unit and instead of returning it to Costco I went direct to Blendtec. It took a while since I had to send back the base first but I just received my shipment notice and they are sending me the 675 as their service Center in Canada doesn’t have any 625 left. So free upgrade with just some hassle of a few weeks with no blender. Overall impressed with their customer service even though I had to bug them to get the shipping instructions after my initial call.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
3044 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
rhyno79 wrote: I had a DOA unit and instead of returning it to Costco I went direct to Blendtec. It took a while since I had to send back the base first but I just received my shipment notice and they are sending me the 675 as their service Center in Canada doesn’t have any 625 left. So free upgrade with just some hassle of a few weeks with no blender. Overall impressed with their customer service even though I had to bug them to get the shipping instructions after my initial call.
Dont think the Costco version was ever the 625, it's the 650. You're getting the extra touch slider on the 675, but are losing batter and cold drink mix preprograms to the "extra 10 second" and "clean" programs.
Aug 4, 2014
197 posts
62 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
So just an update for those interested. I like others also bought both the Blendtec Costco deal and the Reconditioned Vitamix classic. Ended up returning the Vitamix. Reasons for returning were: Jar too tall for my liking, larger footprint base, prefer the gripper Blendtec lid more, prefer the wider shorter Blendtec jar, no timer like the Blendtec, longer warranty with Blendtec. From my experience both the Vitamix and Blendtec made smoothies identical more or less. The berry seeds did not pulverize into liquid completely on the Vitamix on smoothie cycle.

There are some really nice advantages with the Vitamix as well. Actually i would have love to keep both but not practical and more clutter to do that. Some things I like about Vitamix: More sturdy base (doesn’t jump around like the Blendtec), very smooth fine manual blending speed knob control, has a wider blade spinning rpm speed range, thicker thread mount (the hole on the base the jar sits on) and the included tamper (it really makes a big difference with a tamper).

I also tested the Alterna jar and Alterna tamper with lid. The tamper lid is a must buy imo. For thicker smoothies or to speed up the blending process. The Alterna jar even though it has 4 blades and slightly sharp I didn’t find it worked that well vs Wildside+.
Unless you need another jar at an affordable price , I would just buy the tamper and lid. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
3044 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
sirkdub wrote: So just an update for those interested. I like others also bought both the Blendtec Costco deal and the Reconditioned Vitamix classic. Ended up returning the Vitamix. Reasons for returning were: Jar too tall for my liking, larger footprint base, prefer the gripper Blendtec lid more, prefer the wider shorter Blendtec jar, no timer like the Blendtec, longer warranty with Blendtec. From my experience both the Vitamix and Blendtec made smoothies identical more or less. The berry seeds did not pulverize into liquid completely on the Vitamix on smoothie cycle.

There are some really nice advantages with the Vitamix as well. Actually i would have love to keep both but not practical and more clutter to do that. Some things I like about Vitamix: More sturdy base (doesn’t jump around like the Blendtec), very smooth fine manual blending speed knob control, has a wider blade spinning rpm speed range, thicker thread mount (the hole on the base the jar sits on) and the included tamper (it really makes a big difference with a tamper).

I also tested the Alterna jar and Alterna tamper with lid. The tamper lid is a must buy imo. For thicker smoothies or to speed up the blending process. The Alterna jar even though it has 4 blades and slightly sharp I didn’t find it worked that well vs Wildside+.
Unless you need another jar at an affordable price , I would just buy the tamper and lid. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.
I too returned the vitamix. The vitamix blades are very sharp, and cleaning it after making things like peanut butter is a true hazard. In addition, i was too used to getting perfect smoothie with the press of a button instead of getting a workout from the constant tamping with my arms lifted high like a 6 yr old reaching for the top shelf. Yes, the vitamix is a better built machine overall, BUT the results produced from the two machines are nearly identical, despite how others claim one can pulverize seeds completely while the other cant.
Jan 17, 2007
107 posts
38 upvotes
penguindude wrote:
I too returned the vitamix. The vitamix blades are very sharp, and cleaning it after making things like peanut butter is a true hazard. In addition, i was too used to getting perfect smoothie with the press of a button instead of getting a workout from the constant tamping with my arms lifted high like a 6 yr old reaching for the top shelf. Yes, the vitamix is a better built machine overall, BUT the results produced from the two machines are nearly identical, despite how others claim one can pulverize seeds completely while the other cant.
"Very sharp" is an extreme exxageration since you can touch it with bare fingers and not get cut unlike the Ninja or a food processor. Using the tamper is not always required unless your recipe includes leafy greens or little liquid or making ice cream and nut butters. Yes it can be a little difficult to use if you're vertically challenged or have short arms.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
3044 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
uberfarben wrote: "Very sharp" is an extreme exxageration since you can touch it with bare fingers and not get cut unlike the Ninja or a food processor. Using the tamper is not always required unless your recipe includes leafy greens or little liquid or making ice cream and nut butters. Yes it can be a little difficult to use if you're vertically challenged or have short arms.
"Very sharp" i guess is a relative term - no they are not as sharp as a chef knife or the blades used in food processors, but i almost cut myself sticking my fingers in there to try to clean the base. So to me, "very sharp" is not an exaggeration in comparison to blendtec's very dull blades.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
penguindude wrote: "Very sharp" i guess is a relative term - no they are not as sharp as a chef knife or the blades used in food processors, but i almost cut myself sticking my fingers in there to try to clean the base. So to me, "very sharp" is not an exaggeration in comparison to blendtec's very dull blades.
I too was wary of cleaning around the 4 blades after I made a nut butter. Just the fact that there are 4 blades that are sharp and in that narrow base made it difficult. The twister jar for the nut butters is perfect. I also ordered the alterna lid with tamper but have yet to get it since I have a friend bringing it back from the states for me. I spoke to the gentleman who sells ( designed?) them and he was very nice and gave me a 15 percent discount code to use. If I can find the code I’ll post it. Although truth be told I feel kind of guilty passing it on since I think he only gave it to me because I said the price was getting high cause of the shipping costs and exchange rate .
Koodo member
Jan 17, 2007
107 posts
38 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: I too was wary of cleaning around the 4 blades after I made a nut butter. Just the fact that there are 4 blades that are sharp and in that narrow base made it difficult. The twister jar for the nut butters is perfect. I also ordered the alterna lid with tamper but have yet to get it since I have a friend bringing it back from the states for me. I spoke to the gentleman who sells ( designed?) them and he was very nice and gave me a 15 percent discount code to use. If I can find the code I’ll post it. Although truth be told I feel kind of guilty passing it on since I think he only gave it to me because I said the price was getting high cause of the shipping costs and exchange rate .
I have been using a Vitamix blender for 15+ years and have never once cut myself. I have poked my fingers with the sharp edge but never drew any blood. Years of working in IT must have given me hands of steel ;) IMO these concerns are anecdotal. The top complaints about the Vitamix are: too loud, too tall, using the tamper. Vitamix would have changed their blade design by now if a large number of customers are reporting hand injuries.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
uberfarben wrote: I have been using a Vitamix blender for 15+ years and have never once cut myself. I have poked my fingers with the sharp edge but never drew any blood. Years of working in IT must have given me hands of steel ;) IMO these concerns are anecdotal. The top complaints about the Vitamix are: too loud, too tall, using the tamper. Vitamix would have changed their blade design by now if a large number of customers are reporting hand injuries.
No argument here. I loved the Vitamix and would have kept it if it were not fir the fact that I thought the twister jar that was included was easier to use for nut butters. Had the blendetec deal not included the twister jar, I probably would have kept the Vitamix. I actually found the Vitamix quieter than the Blendetc. And yeah, like someone else said ...I considered keeping both. But with just me and my husband and living in a condo...just couldn’t sacrifice the space. I
Koodo member
Jan 17, 2007
107 posts
38 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: No argument here. I loved the Vitamix and would have kept it if it were not fir the fact that I thought the twister jar that was included was easier to use for nut butters. Had the blendetec deal not included the twister jar, I probably would have kept the Vitamix. I actually found the Vitamix quieter than the Blendetc. And yeah, like someone else said ...I considered keeping both. But with just me and my husband and living in a condo...just couldn’t sacrifice the space. I
The deal with the twister jar can sway buyers. I'm just not sure about the design and build quality of their containers. Blendtec recommends the finished blend to be below the marked capacity or risk the lid popping off. You have to be careful to hold the lid down when blending large amounts or end up with a mess.

I have a 32 oz container which makes the Vitamix short and easier to clean. It's great for making small amounts of ice cream and dressing. It is also big enough for 32 ounces of smoothies. I hardly use the 64 oz container anymore.
Apr 2, 2018
91 posts
15 upvotes
Missed on this deal ... I doubt it will be live again !
Apr 2, 2018
91 posts
15 upvotes
If anyone planning to return blendtec to Costco please let me know. I can buy it from you. I am in GTA/ Toronto area. Thanks
Apr 2, 2018
91 posts
15 upvotes
NeilMcduck wrote: Yeah, bought the Blendtec first & was happy with it, then made the mistake of reading the vitamix thread here so I ordered that too lol.
If you want to return blendtec let me know! I can buy in GTA or Toronto area. Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)