Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HOT Blendtec Designer with Wildside jar AND Twister jar $300 shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2018 12:57 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1069 posts
1353 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] HOT Blendtec Designer with Wildside jar AND Twister jar $300 shipped

Great deal on a really good blender....

https://www.costco.ca/.product.10037715 ... 40_Toronto

Bought mine a few years ago with just the Wildside jar for the same price, so this is a really good deal
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 12th, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer edit
454 replies
Nov 22, 2015
878 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
How does this compare to the vitamix reconditioned ones?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1069 posts
1353 upvotes
Toronto
I heard blendtecs are comparable to vitamixes although there will be die hard fans of either one. This one does come with an extra jar so that's a deal right there. Plus it's brand new, shipped, plus 8 year warranty....can't go wrong
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
Twister jar is the best; great deal as it is worth $100 itself!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
If you're thinking about it, just buy it before it sells out. This is brand new and you can return it if you have a change of heart or don't like it.

Personally, I grabbed the $280ish reconditioned Vitamix from Groupon awhile ago. I had second thoughts paying that much for a blender while I was waiting for it to arrive and a couple days after. Nowadays though, I LOVE it and use it all the time to make breakfast smoothies and rice milk. The smoothies are basically a staple in my household now and we pack in all sorts of fruits and veggies that aren't the most practical to have for breakfast otherwise.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Vasilyke wrote: How does this compare to the vitamix reconditioned ones?
I've tried both but only compared them making smoothies. I preferred Blendtec. At this price, with the extra twister jar and 8 year warranty (only 5 year on the Vitamix refurb), the Blendtec should be the easy choice over a Vitamix refurb.

As far as Vitamix or Blendtec deals go, this is about as hot a deal as you will find.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
mpames wrote: What would it be regular price?
https://www.amazon.com/Blendtec-Designe ... B008TVERZ6

I *think* it's the same as the one above for $419usd on amazon.com and without the twister jar
Last edited by SizzleChest on Feb 12th, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1880 posts
1820 upvotes
Maple leafs
I like ours got the similar deal in 2016 from bed bath, we use it all the time... works great
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1316 posts
488 upvotes
mpames wrote: What would it be regular price?
It was $420 and dropped to $400 for a while. There was a thread back then when it was at $400.
May 2, 2010
386 posts
257 upvotes
I just bought this I think, for $400, a few weeks ago. Wonder if I can get a price adjustment / how I would do that.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
Twister jar is great for nut butter and hummus.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
Vasilyke wrote: How does this compare to the vitamix reconditioned ones?
besides the obvious (price, design et al), the major difference for me is the inclusion of a tamper for the Vitamix. the tamper is crucial when there's not enough fluids to un-stick air pockets/cavitation when one is blending mostly solids eg. making sorbets, ice cream, nut butters, etc etc.

being a vitamix owner, ofcos I'm biased but to be fair, tamper aside, both are great blenders.
Aug 21, 2006
148 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. Owned one for two years and Bought two for gifts.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
scotsum wrote: besides the obvious (price, design et al), the major difference for me is the inclusion of a tamper for the Vitamix. the tamper is crucial when there's not enough fluids to un-stick air pockets/cavitation when one is blending mostly solids eg. making sorbets, ice cream, nut butters, etc etc.

being a vitamix owner, ofcos I'm biased but to be fair, tamper aside, both are great blenders.
I agree, a Blendtec tamper would be a plus, but a basic spoon is the next best thing.
Aug 16, 2010
505 posts
152 upvotes
This is a very good deal. I already have a vitamix so I'm passing on the deal but for anyone on the fence this is one of those BUY NOW THINK LATER deals. Costco has a great return policy so honestly just get it. Once you go to a vitamix or blendtec you'll understand the high cost.
Jun 21, 2011
171 posts
164 upvotes
New Brunswick
Bought! Thanks OP! Killer deal!
Nov 21, 2010
980 posts
591 upvotes
Canada
scotsum wrote: besides the obvious (price, design et al), the major difference for me is the inclusion of a tamper for the Vitamix. the tamper is crucial when there's not enough fluids to un-stick air pockets/cavitation when one is blending mostly solids eg. making sorbets, ice cream, nut butters, etc etc.

I haven't purchased one yet since I havent had the time to blend too much but there are 3rd party lids and tampers for blendtec as well. Of course, increased cost but its an option.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)