Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Hot! Garmin fēnix 3 HR Sapphire Titanium Smartwatch with DLC Titanium Band $399.99 (Price update)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2018 10:10 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
5255 posts
856 upvotes
GVR
Nascar318is wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:46 am
You can answer calls from the Fenix 3HRM... As long as your phone has earbuds connected then you're fine. The only downfall is you can't dial out on the watch or send texts, but you can read texts and notifications on your watch.. There's pros and cons to both the Apple and Garmin... You just need to look at what would suit your needs.
You mean the 3HR has a microphone?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3102 posts
698 upvotes
Montreal
chatbox wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:02 pm
You mean the 3HR has a microphone?
No, but if you've got your headphones on and phone in your pocket you can just answer by clicking the button on your watch. No Mic on the watch.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2472 posts
285 upvotes
Not sure when this deal ends but I saw it at a Vancouver costco and it says 'End date Dec 7'
Dec 7, 2017
3 posts
I bought one yesterday from the Woodbridge Costco they had six left and they had a sign that said ending December 7. Online they're still 439. Had the non sapphire edition that i bought from Costco and returned due to altimeter so this was perfect timing.
Jan 14, 2017
189 posts
58 upvotes
Newbie question

I don't see any running dynamic metrics (cadence=0, missing contact time, etc) in my run report. I was expecting it to work out of the box, but reading on the web it looks like I need to buy an accessory strap to get these metrics. Is this correct, do I need to buy the strap?

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp ... D2091.html
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2472 posts
285 upvotes
Costco’s shipping is pretty slow...will be here next week. Ordered last Thursday
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3102 posts
698 upvotes
Montreal
dealisdead wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 11:20 am
Newbie question

I don't see any running dynamic metrics (cadence=0, missing contact time, etc) in my run report. I was expecting it to work out of the box, but reading on the web it looks like I need to buy an accessory strap to get these metrics. Is this correct, do I need to buy the strap?

That is correct. It should give you estimated strides per minute, but the other advanced stuff needs more sensors.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3102 posts
698 upvotes
Montreal
ChristaA252086 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 2:24 pm
I bought one yesterday from the Woodbridge Costco they had six left and they had a sign that said ending December 7. Online they're still 439. Had the non sapphire edition that i bought from Costco and returned due to altimeter so this was perfect timing.
I've just started to experience the altimeter problem also. Same as you, non-sapphire bought from Costco a couple of months ago. From what I've read, the sapphire version suffers from the same problem. What to do ...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
5255 posts
856 upvotes
GVR
GT!! wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 5:42 pm
I've just started to experience the altimeter problem also. Same as you, non-sapphire bought from Costco a couple of months ago. From what I've read, the sapphire version suffers from the same problem. What to do ...
What's exactly happening in your case?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3317 posts
381 upvotes
Ottawa
dealisdead wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 11:20 am
Newbie question

You shouldn't need the chest strap for cadence information but you absolutely need one for the advanced running dynamics you see in the image I posted earlier - like ground contact time, stride length, vertical oscillation, and GCT balance. The reality is you don't need to take these measures very often provided your form is already good so I usually only wear the strap a couple of times a month
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3102 posts
698 upvotes
Montreal
chatbox wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 6:00 pm
I started seeing really wacky altimeter readings (varying from +1000s to -1000s). I'll calibrate it and then it will be off again. It's not recording stairs properly. The last few runs I've done it's been off so badly that I had Strava correct it (e.g. doing a loop and it showing a net loss of 100 meters ... even though start/stop location is the same). This started to happen as the weather got colder ... I wonder if that has anything to do with it (recorded temps are wacky also). I'm still hoping that it will somehow right itself because I really like this watch.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3102 posts
698 upvotes
Montreal
atomicstabby wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 11:06 am
I see $440.24 + tax in Qc online
Saw same at my local Costco on Sunday.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
5255 posts
856 upvotes
GVR
GT!! wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 9:27 pm
I started seeing really wacky altimeter readings (varying from +1000s to -1000s). I'll calibrate it and then it will be off again. It's not recording stairs properly. The last few runs I've done it's been off so badly that I had Strava correct it (e.g. doing a loop and it showing a net loss of 100 meters ... even though start/stop location is the same). This started to happen as the weather got colder ... I wonder if that has anything to do with it (recorded temps are wacky also). I'm still hoping that it will somehow right itself because I really like this watch.
Atmospheric pressure plays a role in the altimeter and barometer readings. I try to cover the watch with my sleeves in case the wind from my arm/wrist movement is causing funky air pressure readings. Not sure if that's helping...or I just have yet to run into this issue myself.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3102 posts
698 upvotes
Montreal
chatbox wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 6:00 pm
This morning it has me at 20000 meters. I understand some drift due to barometric pressure, but weather hasn't changed much since yesterday when it was reading 240 meters. Also, at times it will fluctuate by plus/minus 4 meters while I'm watching it. Useless!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)