Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HOT!! Philips Saeco Intelia Deluxe Super automatic Espresso Machine 675$

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 7:42 am
Oct 12, 2017
4 posts
The title is wrong, and dont go thinking this is an Intelia Deluxe. This is a cheaper version made for the likes of Costco.
Its not stainless, doesnt have the milk container and no auto latte/cappucino. Just a manual milk frother.
Still looks pretty good, but that kills the deal for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
there's just too many versions of the intelia to get any good reviews for this unit. found this site which shows 5 versions, unfortunately not much info between them.. but at least gives you an idea of the size (for the lazy, this Costco one is smaller than the others)

https://www.missmamiescupcakes.com/saec ... e-reviews/

by the way i see some with green display and some white, any ideas if there's differences?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
SimonC623305 wrote: The title is wrong, and dont go thinking this is an Intelia Deluxe. This is a cheaper version made for the likes of Costco.
Its not stainless, doesnt have the milk container and no auto latte/cappucino. Just a manual milk frother.
I got the title from Costco, so you might need to go to Costco to fix their title :).
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Uberclk wrote: there's just too many versions of the intelia to get any good reviews for this unit. found this site which shows 5 versions, unfortunately not much info between them.. but at least gives you an idea of the size (for the lazy, this Costco one is smaller than the others)

https://www.missmamiescupcakes.com/saec ... e-reviews/

by the way i see some with green display and some white, any ideas if there's differences?
Costco reviews are 5/5
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
PriceHunter wrote: Costco reviews are 5/5
yes but there's only 5 reviews and hard to find it elsewhere..

BTW it's back ordered at Costco right now, shipping 1-2 weeks. RFD in full effect.. i'm still on the fence as i just bought couple hundred nespresso capsules..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
Uberclk wrote: yes but there's only 5 reviews and hard to find it elsewhere..

BTW it's back ordered at Costco right now, shipping 1-2 weeks. RFD in full effect.. i'm still on the fence as i just bought couple hundred nespresso capsules..
Use those and sleep on it this is warm at best
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Uberclk wrote: yes but there's only 5 reviews and hard to find it elsewhere..

RFD effect, but yet, this post got barely 7 up votes, and 2 down votes ;).
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Aug 12, 2008
66 posts
26 upvotes
Thanks OP!
Ordered, no MC discount for me though :(

Hoping someone can help me? I can't seem to find the answer? If you want to brew coffee is there a coffee or americano option? Or do you brew espresso and then add hot water?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2496 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
Holeecow wrote: Thanks OP!
Ordered, no MC discount for me though :(

Hoping someone can help me? I can't seem to find the answer? If you want to brew coffee is there a coffee or americano option? Or do you brew espresso and then add hot water?
Yes, there are 2 buttons one for espresso another one for coffee basically. So second one will add water for you )
Tried it today, quick setup, liked quality. I have Breville BES870XL but it was acting lately, leaking a bit, but seems to be was fixed now.
Anyways both do good espresso and coffee but I like hassle free experience of Saeco, when you don't have to throw away old coffee each time you do one cup.
Will keep Breville as backup now. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
ilim wrote: Yes, there are 2 buttons one for espresso another one for coffee basically. So second one will add water for you )
Tried it today, quick setup, liked quality. I have Breville BES870XL but it was acting lately, leaking a bit, but seems to be was fixed now.
Anyways both do good espresso and coffee but I like hassle free experience of Saeco, when you don't have to throw away old coffee each time you do one cup.
Will keep Breville as backup now. Thanks OP.
And you can customize the size of each button by pressing and holding them, then pressing the check sign once reached the required cup level. Also by coincidence the other day, I pressed the coffee button twice, and it automatically brewed two cups of coffees :).
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2496 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
PriceHunter wrote: And you can customize the size of each button by pressing and holding them, then pressing the check sign once reached the required cup level. Also by coincidence the other day, I pressed the coffee button twice, and it automatically brewed two cups of coffees :).
Wow did not know about that feature, did not spend much time with it today, got overdosed with coffee quickly. Thanks for the tip.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
sammjm wrote: i heard that it is not recommended to use super dark beans on superautomatic espresso machines because they are oily and can defect the machine over the time, many recommend to use lighter drier roast which is not my favorite.

https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/blog/ ... ily-beans/
I usually use lighter roasts as I like my coffee high in cafaien and low on bitter taste :). But I know some ppl that grind rice to get the oil out. Also there are some things you can buy online to clean the burr. I will worry about this in a year time from now.
Sep 2, 2014
451 posts
184 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: I usually use lighter roasts as I like my coffee high in cafaien and low on bitter taste :). But I know some ppl that grind rice to get the oil out. Also there are some things you can buy online to clean the burr. I will worry about this in a year time from now.
for me i like to mix half half of medium and dark roasts.
i want to get out of my nespresso machine because of the high price of capsules. i am still thinking about getting this machine but the only concern is the burr that can build up.
Nov 11, 2003
542 posts
194 upvotes
Scarb
We use dark roast beans 90% of the time (avoidthe cheapo and really oily ones) and we have had the Saeco Minuto for 2 years with an avg of 3 cups a days. I do keep a fairly consistent cleaning cycle so it's been ok so far. *knock on wood* Like any appliance, I think proper maintenance is key.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3802 posts
1276 upvotes
SimonC623305 wrote: The title is wrong, and dont go thinking this is an Intelia Deluxe. This is a cheaper version made for the likes of Costco.
I think you are right it does say "Classic milk frother".
Well, I always can return it if I don't like it. But the price is pretty good.... I don't know if I want to spend extra 400-600 for automatic milk frother.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1794 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
I have a nespresso machine and drink 1-2 cups of coffee daily.
How much would a cup of coffee using this machine cost? I want to figure out if it's worth picking up a machine like this.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3802 posts
1276 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote: Use those and sleep on it this is warm at best
Is there something better at this price?? Please do share :))
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
not sure if it's the same quality as this Philips Saeco but I picked up a Delonghi Magnifica S Cappucino (phew Neutral Face) from the costco warehouse clearance for a few pennies under $800. its been 2 yrs & I've had no issues (so far...touchwood). if I did, I'm sure costco's generous return policy will be my friend.

maintenance is minimal - brew group needs a rinsing every once in a while & perhaps a descaling at the same time although I use filtered water for the machine so even that is almost a non issue. if this Philips is anything like my Delonghi, expect years of good service. cant say much about the quality of espresso but my Delonghi definitely makes better coffee than the big chains.

thought abit about getting a manual rig but....naaaaah, its just too much work in the mornings. with a superauto, one button does it. how much more simpler does it get Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)