Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HOT -Vizio M65-E0 65-in $1199 delivered

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2018 5:56 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
3288 posts
1606 upvotes
Toronto
dwfLuid wrote: really? you've auditioned both?

I'm getting the Hisense today since my 90 days for the m65 runs out at the end of feb. I got a good week to compare side by side.
Hisense is on sale again as of today.
RFD OG 20+ years
Nov 15, 2007
694 posts
219 upvotes
It is on sale now again for $1179.99 on Costco.ca.
Public Mobile + Fido 3GB Tablet Plan
Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I tried to get the hisense to compare but when I went in store I didn't like it. The 65" version didn't do it for me either. I'm just sticking with the m65.
Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
The other thread said 1139. Which is pretty good. Almost as cheap as the 1099 during december
Jan 1, 2018
48 posts
19 upvotes
Sad Update:
I bought my M65 at xmas. Now, only 4 months later the top half of my screen is very dark. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Google search shows lots of people have this problem for the last few years and I guess Vizio has not fixed it or does not want to fix it.
Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I didn't find this out my first time doing my research on the tv. That's some shitty news. Did you purchase the extended warranty? This may fall under it. Now I'm thinking maybe I should've got the warranty.
Apr 10, 2011
649 posts
345 upvotes
Got mine around the same time. The display is intact. On my side the only problem I have something is that it won't connect to wifi. I solve this with a hard reset (unplug/plug). Didn't happen since last update.

You still have Vizio warranty. I would try a hard reset also, see if this can fix something. Call Vizio, I'm sure they can troubleshot something with you.

1st time I read about this issue, did you manually calibrate anything? If yes maybe reset setting
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
3579 posts
610 upvotes
So you don't go through Costco for the warranty?
Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
The issue apparently is from the led backlight. In poor implementation the power supply pushes too much and a strip of the backlight LED fails. Appears that a number of models have the problem, but I don't seem to see a huge number of complaints. However, what worries me is there are solutions. That means it's common enough to warrant people finding a fix. Not encouraging.

Take this info with a grain of salt as it's been a 15min google search.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/443 ... ing+darker
Jan 1, 2018
48 posts
19 upvotes
update 2: power cycle/reset all devices fixed the issue for now.

first thing i did was search for the same issue. i found lots of posts and youtube videos with the same problem. I did a power cycle/reset all devices and it fixed the issue for now. We will see if it comes back. I didn't get the extended warranty.
Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
That's good to hear. I'm still keeping my backlighting down to min regardless.
Apr 10, 2011
649 posts
345 upvotes
M is a superior product. Personnaly I would go 5in smaller and get more features.
Feb 5, 2012
28 posts
8 upvotes
Richelieu
Well, there we go... Picked one up at Costco today. 1 of 2 last ones... 919.88 with the environment tax of 24$ in QC....
Can't wait to set up.