Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] HP laser Printer M15W $39.96 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2019 11:03 pm
[OP]
May 31, 2015
22 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] HP laser Printer M15W $39.96 (YMMV)

Hello everyone,

Just came across this small compact laser printer for 39.96. It usually sells for 98.99 but at this price its a no brainer. Just check your local costco see if they any in stock. The image is taken at costco scarborough and theres like 3 left. Happy hunting.
Images
  • 20191008_165233.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 10th, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
43 replies
Apr 18, 2017
371 posts
602 upvotes
That's a great price. I had a similar small one and have yet to change the toner in 3+ years.
Oct 29, 2013
52 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Holy crap this is a crazy good price! I got this when there was a $20 discount about a month ago, and it works great for me. I only print text anyway so the low dpi doesn't matter to me. The compact factor really is awesome for me cus my desk space is extremely limited.

Nice find OP!
Jun 5, 2010
440 posts
393 upvotes
Ottawa
From HP Link

Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.

I don't know how serious of a warning this is.
c as in cue, comma, caret, czar, cymbal
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2005
1695 posts
3 upvotes
Thornhill
Itzlester wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 5:20 pm
Hello everyone,

Just came across this small compact laser printer for 39.96. It usually sells for 98.99 but at this price its a no brainer. Just check your local costco see if they any in stock. The image is taken at costco scarborough and theres like 3 left. Happy hunting.

In stock for certain locations?
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5530 posts
1156 upvotes
Richmond Hill
generic toners go for about $30 on amazon
Apr 22, 2005
450 posts
12 upvotes
I just picked this exact one up in Mississauga yesterday for $80 and that was a good price but this one is even better.
Time to get a refund!
:twisted:
[OP]
May 31, 2015
22 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
elite wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 9:04 pm
In stock for certain locations?
Looks like brampton location has the most in stock around GTA
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14170 posts
4314 upvotes
Montreal
Don't buy HP laser printers, as the company is always producing stealth-updates that kill generic cartridges and give you a never-ending error loop. HP just keeps on doing it, even after getting mass-fined for this scam a few years ago.

We had a few, as did some relatives and maybe 9-12 months ago, they all started giving errors (that looped forever), wouldn't work on Google print, wouldn't work on phones... until we removed the generic cartridges and put in the old HP one. Then everything miraculously went back to normal.

I also tried all the new generic cartridges we had in storage and 100% of them gave the error, while prior to the auto-stealth update, they all worked perfectly. HP and Epson are the worst ever at this illegal rip-off, but I guess they make enough in cartridge sales to pay the fines.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa98 ... ty-updates

https://borncity.com/win/2019/01/20/doe ... -jan-2019/

https://printerinks.zendesk.com/hc/en-u ... re-update-

I physically smashed all our HP laser printers and bought Brother or Canon models to replace them and I will never, ever, ever put 1 penny towards any HP hardware.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14170 posts
4314 upvotes
Montreal
This article is updated regularly and has been edited to take account of the firmware updates released in April 2019.

If you are seeing an error message that says one of the following, you have probably been affected by a firmware update (especially if it suddenly pops up for all cartridges at once):

Cartridge problem : One or more of the cartridges may be missing or damaged
Cartridge problem : Remove and reinstall the indicated cartridges

Often, a set of cartridges will be working perfectly well one day, and have this error the next. Essentially, HP have sent some data to your printer that has broken its ability to talk to the cartridges.

HP issue updates for a number of reasons, but the main effect is to alter their "dynamic security" feature. This controls how the printer talks to cartridges, so if the chip on your cartridge is designed for an older version of the firmware, the printer won't be able to communicate with it, and will report it as missing or damaged.

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14170 posts
4314 upvotes
Montreal
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 9:19 pm
generic toners go for about $30 on amazon
Too bad they'll only work on the current firmware and will be toast once HP issues a stealth auto-installing "security update" firmware.

Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14170 posts
4314 upvotes
Montreal
baldrick_ca wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 8:32 pm
From HP Link

Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.

I don't know how serious of a warning this is.
It's very serious and it's against the law, but HP keeps updating the firmware, paying the fines, and seems to be making a profit.

The only way to stop them is to stop buying their crappy printers. After 6-8 months an update will kill their ability to use OEM cartridges and you'll have to toss them in the landfill anyway.

Why do you think HP printers are so cheap?

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-set ... tles-1-5m/

Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2420 posts
1166 upvotes
Vancouver
With this cheap priced printer I do all you can print daily