Calgary

[Costco] Hugo Boss Sunglasses @ $54.99 + tax

Hugo Boss Sunglasses

HG 0244/S 003 MATTE BLACK

Unisex

More details on another site www.coolframes.ca
Images
  • IMG_20191227_173434 (1).jpg
Last edited by breadcrumb on Dec 27th, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
38 replies
Dec 13, 2013
50 posts
75 upvotes
Why downvotes ?

Is there something that I am missing ?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1310 posts
698 upvotes
Montréal
Is there a model number?
How much of a discount?
Size?
[OP]
Apr 11, 2019
85 posts
81 upvotes
Calgary
thesubmitter wrote: Is there a model number?
How much of a discount?
Size?
Model number - HG 0244/S 003 MATTE BLACK, I don't know the retail price.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16674 posts
3006 upvotes
Toronto
They looked cheap, saw them in store myself.
Real Estate Agent, CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1320 posts
877 upvotes
Toronto
they have them in store for a while now, no? I recall seeing them in November.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Feb 18, 2017
81 posts
80 upvotes
Bought one about a week or two ago. Thought the price was great and it ended up being a bit of an impulse buy. It’s still in the package, haven’t bothered to open it yet.

The lenses looked and fit pretty similar to my Raybans when I tried them on in store. The two most obvious differences for me though were the nose pads on the Hugo’s and how much lighter they felt while trying them on, probably due to the much thinner temple/arms.
Dec 1, 2018
8 posts
5 upvotes
Hi all, these glasses just went on sale $10 off at local costco. Now it's going at 44.99.

Just wondering if anyone can comment on the quality of these. They retail at much higher regularly. UVA and UVB protection is all it says. Presumably not polarized. Is this a quality pair worth buying?
Sep 16, 2016
503 posts
146 upvotes
JamesVirani wrote: Hi all, these glasses just went on sale $10 off at local costco. Now it's going at 44.99.

Just wondering if anyone can comment on the quality of these. They retail at much higher regularly. UVA and UVB protection is all it says. Presumably not polarized. Is this a quality pair worth buying?
Thanks for the update
My local store has lots of stocks when I saw them last week, will check out the sale
Aug 29, 2018
145 posts
122 upvotes
Bought them. They didn't feel super good quality, quite light (both in weight and shade), and had an off-putting matte finish that i didn't like. Returned them.
Dec 6, 2008
38 posts
23 upvotes
Terrace
They are $10 off this week at Costco. Bought a pair in Richmond, BC but haven't opened up package yet.
Dec 1, 2018
8 posts
5 upvotes
I am mostly concerned about level of protection. I guess what bothers me most about these is that I can't remember seeing "100% UV Protection" written anywhere, and I don't see that written in any product descriptions online. The package says UVA and UVB protection, but I don't remember seeing 100%. I find it hard to believe that an expensive pair wouldn't have this basic necessary feature most cheap pairs have. Is it possible that they simply neglected to list it or that I missed this?

I do see BS 3 written on the frame, which stands for British Standard level 3 tint, which should be good for average use.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6546 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
deal_with_singh wrote: They looked cheap, saw them in store myself.
Well, ... you get what you pay for; for $55 don't expect high end high quality sunglasses... but they are good enough
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝