Costco iPhone XS no carrier return policy

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2018 12:22 am
[OP]
Oct 20, 2017
14 posts
5 upvotes

Costco iPhone XS no carrier return policy

Does anyone know if I can buy an iPhone XS with no carrier at Costo?
and what would be the return policy?

I’m very interested in buying the phone right know, but I’d like the option to return it if I find a good deal on Black Friday.
Last edited by d1egoaz on Oct 31st, 2018 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1837 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
No, Costco does not sell the iPhone with no carrier. It is only available on typical 2-year contracts.

GYR8
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5145 posts
5046 upvotes
Vancouver
Costco does sell phones outright with no contract, like these: https://www.costco.ca/unlocked-cellular-phones.html
Not Apple phones, though.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7965 posts
1513 upvotes
Mississauga
I hope you're unable to find a retailer to take advantage of like that. Were you raised to think it's acceptable to buy something, use it for a month, then return it?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4331 posts
1615 upvotes
Avenger wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 5:56 am
I hope you're unable to find a retailer to take advantage of like that. Were you raised to think it's acceptable to buy something, use it for a month, then return it?
Patience no longer exists in society
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9802 posts
1250 upvotes
Toronto
Avenger wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 5:56 am
There’s no way he’d get a return on it.

Don’t blame him blame retailers that haven’t tightened up their return policies.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7965 posts
1513 upvotes
Mississauga
XtremeModder wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 5:09 am
There’s no way he’d get a return on it.

Don’t blame him blame retailers that haven’t tightened up their return policies.
Like I said, evidently he was not raised properly if that's thought to be acceptable. Just because you're not explicitly prohibited from doing something doesn't mean you should do it. You know, morals, ethics, right and wrong, common sense....?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5145 posts
5046 upvotes
Vancouver
Wasn't there an RFDer who posted in the Travel forum about a 3-month trip, and then in the Shopping discussion asked about which retailers offer 90 day no-questions-asked returns on DSLR cameras?
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
[OP]
Oct 20, 2017
14 posts
5 upvotes
wow, things went south with my question :(

I could see after re-read it how bad it was. sorry about that.

My initial concern (in my mind, not the one that I badly wrote here) was more about buying the iPhone now and then Costco having a better deal on BF, so I could return it and/or request that deal, I think this is called in some stores price protection.
Mar 17, 2009
168 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga
The phone kiosks at Costco are not owned by Costco, but by Wireless Etc, which leases floor space from Costco and sells through them, Phones sold there do have a 90 day return policy, but the last time I perused their phone selection, I did not see any iPhones for outright sale. Not to mention, the folks behind that kiosk do not have to abide by Costco's pricing policies.