Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco: iRobot Roomba 550 (Pet Series w/ AeroVac) @ $299.99 | *NEW* $50 OFF ($249)!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2011 6:12 pm
[OP]
May 27, 2007
15686 posts
3113 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco: iRobot Roomba 550 (Pet Series w/ AeroVac) @ $299.99 | *NEW* $50 OFF ($249)!!!

EDIT (12/26): Now $50 OFF ($299 - $50 = $249) for Boxing Day (ONLINE).

Link: http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.asp ... d=10363986

-----

Seems to be an ok deal for those looking for a unit this holiday season.
its currently on sale for $346 at Amazon.com.
(Dont think this unit comes with the virtual walls though, at least its not in the description). Confirmed, 2 virtual walls included (online description).

SKU #: 264095

[IMG]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7691/img26972.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5307/img2696e.jpg[/IMG]

this was at Vaughan Costco (Hwy 7/400). Call your local Costco with SKU# for stock info.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
43 replies
Sep 20, 2009
115 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
I can confirm that Costco Nepean (Merivale) in Ottawa also has a ton of these.
Sep 9, 2010
7 posts
Toronto
Does anybody know if this comes with 2 virtual walls?
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4859 posts
5569 upvotes
I thought this is the normal ongoing price since 2 months ago. I got the 550 non-pet version for $269 or something half a year ago at Costco. Not sure why iRobot didn't change the model number with the pet version though. The non-pet version came with 2 virtual walls.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Mar 16, 2005
973 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
So the idea of virtual walls is to prevent it from going somewhere you don't want it, correct? I am trying to decide which product would be best for my house. Its all on one floor, I wouldn't need any virtual walls because it can go anywhere on the floor. That includes 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining, office, living room... Any suggestions from previous owners?
Regards,
-P

Ebay
Heatware
Oct 7, 2011
59 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
I never used mines... beside closing doors, just use something to block the roomba: \
stacking of books, or anything similar which is easily movable
Nov 30, 2005
823 posts
163 upvotes
Leduc
Goober56 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2011 3:29 pm
So the idea of virtual walls is to prevent it from going somewhere you don't want it, correct? I am trying to decide which product would be best for my house. Its all on one floor, I wouldn't need any virtual walls because it can go anywhere on the floor. That includes 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining, office, living room... Any suggestions from previous owners?

the virtual walls would be good to keep it away from a computer desk or home theater if you have a lot of wires. but you really have to make sure the floor is roomba ready, very clean of wires, pet toys, threads or loose fabric like blankets. it doesnt take much for the roomba to fail at it's job because it's stuck or choking on something. also dont buy it if you have pets with medium to long hair, they get clogged way to easy on that type of hair.
Jul 6, 2005
82 posts
125 upvotes
Ottawa
microwave wrote:
Dec 24th, 2011 12:25 am
the virtual walls would be good to keep it away from a computer desk or home theater if you have a lot of wires. but you really have to make sure the floor is roomba ready, very clean of wires, pet toys, threads or loose fabric like blankets. it doesnt take much for the roomba to fail at it's job because it's stuck or choking on something. also dont buy it if you have pets with medium to long hair, they get clogged way to easy on that type of hair.

We have a golden retreiver and have been using this model for six months. We run it once a day in the morning to pick up dog hair on the main floor of our house. So far it has been doing a great job. We need to empty the bin after every use and clean the brushes every 4 to 5 uses. From what I have read, the aerovac bin on this model does a better job of pulling pet hair off the brush compared to the "standard" bin.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9496 posts
4304 upvotes
Hmm not a bad price i wanted one of these for awhile.Is it hard to get all set up ? or do u just turn it on and let it do its thing?
Oct 6, 2005
310 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
how does pet compare to regular version? I have a bulldog and he sheds a ton! The regular one picks up some of the (short) hair but definitely leaves a lot behind. would the pet version be a significant upgrade?
Jul 23, 2007
852 posts
7 upvotes
i got the regular version last year for christmas and have absolutely loved. so easy to pick up the stuff off the floor and just push the button and go. we have 2kids so there is always stuff on the floor. i have 5 friends who have bought since and they all rave about it as well.
Apr 3, 2010
630 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone capable of picking one up for me? I've been looking for a deal on one of these. Please PM.