Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Kaizen whey isolate protein $11off

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2019 10:28 am
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1369 posts
1203 upvotes
Brampton

[Costco] Kaizen whey isolate protein $11off

That time of year again to stock up on kaizen whey protein from Costco. 2kg Vanilla or chocolate flavour. $38.99 in store and $44.99 online after the discount.
Last edited by bigzinc10 on Jan 8th, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
127 replies
Aug 24, 2011
565 posts
590 upvotes
TORONTO
bigzinc10 wrote: That time of year again to stock up on kaizen whey protein from Costco. 2kg Vanilla or chocolate flavour. $11 off online and in store. Online shows $44.99. The weekly flyer has not been released yet but I imagine in store is like $38.99 (or around that).
Just recently started taking protein. When you say time of year, does this mean this usually only goes on sale once and year? Just want to know so I can stock up.
KFC Supremacist
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1369 posts
1203 upvotes
Brampton
I'd say it goes on sale about 2-3x/year... Always January and I believe sometime over summer and again in the fall.

hollandmoon wrote: Just recently started taking protein. When you say time of year, does this mean this usually only goes on sale once and year? Just want to know so I can stock up.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Only twice. Every September and January for about the past 7-8yrs

Can't believe its been that long!
Jan 4, 2010
778 posts
463 upvotes
Waterloo
Which is the best tasting?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1173 posts
1150 upvotes
tinbitz wrote: Which is the best tasting?
Best tasting one at Costco IMO is the musclepharm cookies and cream. Best protein in the warehouse is either the kaizen or Vega... Worth the premium over the gfr.
Aug 18, 2011
179 posts
101 upvotes
This stuff is really gross tasting. If you're desparate and can't wait for your MyProtein order, I guess go for it.
Oct 27, 2012
240 posts
356 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Korkyjohnson96 wrote: This stuff is really gross tasting.
Taste is subjective. I rather like it, and I've been around the block a few times when it comes to protein powders.

Bottom line here is that you'd be hard-pressed to find a higher quality whey protein isolate for a better price, anywhere. Someone prove me wrong.
Sep 4, 2016
279 posts
383 upvotes
kronos288 wrote: Best tasting one at Costco IMO is the musclepharm cookies and cream. Best protein in the warehouse is either the kaizen or Vega... Worth the premium over the gfr.
I agree that the cookies and cream is by far the most palatable. Almost enjoyable to drink.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
kronos288 wrote: Best tasting one at Costco IMO is the musclepharm cookies and cream. Best protein in the warehouse is either the kaizen or Vega... Worth the premium over the gfr.
I have to agree with you. The cookies and cream is delicious. Especially with milk!!
Nov 25, 2010
86 posts
53 upvotes
Fredericton
As others have said, taste is subjective. I blend the chocolate powder with a heaping tablespoon of natural peanut butter, banana, milk. To me, it tastes very good.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7099 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
i blend the chocolate with some frozen blueberries, ice and a little bit of milk.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
2032 posts
929 upvotes
Calgary
dp99ag wrote: I was in costco yesterday and noticed they're carrying optimum nutrition protein now. Same as this one on the US site https://m.costco.com/Optimum-Nutrition- ... 38794.html

I believe it was 66.99 in store
Damn. I just ordered more on Amazon.
I usually pick this up in the states.
It is "Vanilla" and stores usually only carry French Vanilla Creme or Vanilla Ice Cream.
Thanks for the info.
Nov 28, 2010
654 posts
414 upvotes
Last time I purchased Kaizen Vanilla, it did not mix well with water and was really not tasting much. I contacted Kaizen to make sure I did not have a "bad quality batch" and was told that the stuff they sell at costco is a different formula than the Kaizen stuff you would find in supplement stores. They told me to go to the warehouse to exchange it for another one free of charge but I was already a little deep into the can so I just went through it.

Just a FYI, i'm not saying it's bad by any means, just thought the protein geeks might like to know they have a different formula for costco
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1824 posts
591 upvotes
There's no cookies and cream online.

What is the specific item number so I can check in store?
Oct 20, 2003
52 posts
Toronto
itrocks4u wrote: There's no cookies and cream online.

What is the specific item number so I can check in store?
Cookies & Cream flavour is MusclePharm only, not Kaizen
Jan 21, 2009
655 posts
126 upvotes
Montreal
I have to agree with one of the users above, when mixed with water the gate is awful. I've had several type of protein in the past and they aren't that bad with water. That being said, if you mix it with milk, it tastes ok.
Nov 26, 2015
887 posts
670 upvotes
Ontario
Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure the MusclePharm is a protein blend and the Kaizen Natural is an isolate. The Leanfit they had last year was also a protein blend. I find the chocolate and vanilla flavour in "most" protein brands are acceptable. It is only a couple of gulps. The myProtein one taste decent but a tad bit on the too sweet side.

However at $39 for 2Kg of Kaizen is a great value. Not to mention their more reasonable size container that is not giant and half full. Will grab a few myself to interchange with my stock of myprotein.
Mar 14, 2016
22 posts
17 upvotes
tfranczyk wrote: Taste is subjective. I rather like it, and I've been around the block a few times when it comes to protein powders.

Bottom line here is that you'd be hard-pressed to find a higher quality whey protein isolate for a better price, anywhere. Someone prove me wrong.
I agree that this is one of the best deals for a whey isolate around. However, it doesn't mix very well and it tastes pretty gross (like what your average tasteless "vanilla"-flavoured products taste like). If you usually blend with milk/fruits/etc., then this is the best bang for your buck.

If you want something great tasting at an affordable price, I'd recommend MyProtein (.ca). You can get 10lbs of their well-rated whey isolate for about $100 (there's ebates and a bunch of sales usually), with discount. The chocolate smooth is my favourite.