Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

King's Pastry Full Moon Mooncakes $12.88 (double yoke and assorted)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 9:42 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1549 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I actually prefer these with less yokes in them. I enjoy the filling more.

I easily eat a whole one in one go.

Sad thing is that it reminds us the summer season is almost over.

She gives a whole new meaning from making dishes from scratch, impressive.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2006
1144 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
someone16 wrote: You don't eat the whole thing at once. You usually cut them up in 1/8ths and eat like 2-3 pieces at a time.
Nope...you cut them into 8s, then you eat all 8, although 1 piece at a time.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1656 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
Mooncake that found at chinese restaurant level cost 3x/4x more. I am wondering the taste Costco like?

thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Never heard of this brand in China

They only supply Costco eh?

Hong Kong Island Pastry on Spadina acc used to have some great individually packed mooncake.

Not that they been converted into a dim sum place you prolly need to find another bakery for that - I guess Chinese Bakery would be acceptable
<inappropriate signature>
Sep 28, 2009
441 posts
244 upvotes
These are amazing. Definitely the better ingredients compared to the other brands.

Get them before they're all gone!
Apr 17, 2015
999 posts
866 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm all in for the double yolk!
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12700 posts
15951 upvotes
Wizard1 wrote: Looks like super early this year. $12.88.
Not really.

Actually it is late this year because the Mid-Autumn Festival is late this year on October 1. Most of the time the Mid-Autumn Festival is in September, which means Costco usually have the mooncakes by mid-to late July.,

And why is the Mid-Autumn Festival late this year in October? Because there is an extra month in the Chinese Lunar calendar this year. Similar to the Gregorian calendar which has a leap day, Feb. 29, to account for the time Earth revolves around the Sun. the Chinese Lunar calendar has a leap month every few years to account for the differences in in the calendar.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/chinese-leap-year.html
Have a nice day!

Jul 29, 2019
909 posts
788 upvotes
Terabithia wrote: Never heard of this brand in China

They only supply Costco eh?

Hong Kong Island Pastry on Spadina acc used to have some great individually packed mooncake.

Not that they been converted into a dim sum place you prolly need to find another bakery for that - I guess Chinese Bakery would be acceptable
King's Pastry is a Canadian company in Mississauga that specializes in commercialized cakes and deserts. King's Pastry typically does have mooncake at Costco every year but it seems they've changed the packaging from a red tin box to this new packaging.
Jul 29, 2019
909 posts
788 upvotes
jurassic98 wrote: Mooncake that found at chinese restaurant level cost 3x/4x more. I am wondering the taste Costco like?

thanks.
I cannot remember what the King's Pastry version tastes like but I think it was decent. Costco typically has King's Pastry and another brand available in store. It is actually early for them to sell Mooncakes but you can try them as it is one of the best prices for Mooncakes.
Jul 29, 2019
909 posts
788 upvotes
Sandman wrote: I think this is the first time Costco is carrying the variety pack. Good for someone wants to try different paste like red beans. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
They actually have carried the variety pack before. I think the brands usually call them Deluxe and usually in a red packaging while the pure lotus ones are in a white-ish or yellow colour packaging.
Jul 29, 2019
909 posts
788 upvotes
Hotshotz wrote: The thing that jump out to me was the 53g of sugar in one cake...
That's why you don't eat them every month nor available every month. It is usually available twice a year and eaten during those times.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3381 upvotes
stephroll wrote: 780 calories per cake .... I like that
the sugar is off the charts too.
Aug 12, 2011
631 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
Anywhere selling decent Chinese tea to go with this? Not pricey but good quality ones?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
VanillaDonut wrote: King's Pastry is a Canadian company in Mississauga that specializes in commercialized cakes and deserts. King's Pastry typically does have mooncake at Costco every year but it seems they've changed the packaging from a red tin box to this new packaging.
Cool cool

I remember now as I see their (old) green logo Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I've bought their Swiss rolls at Walmart acc - prepared in Canada, ofc
Last edited by Terabithia on Aug 15th, 2020 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
<inappropriate signature>
May 24, 2003
210 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
I like but don’t love them. Bought for a couple of years, but stopped because of the fat and sugar.

Can’t they make a somewhat healthier version?
Oct 22, 2013
437 posts
289 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Neo wrote: I like but don’t love them. Bought for a couple of years, but stopped because of the fat and sugar.

Can’t they make a somewhat healthier version?
u can make ur own mooncake like my parents do.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)