• Mar 7th, 2009 6:14 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 13, 2008
71 posts
8 upvotes
London

[Costco] Costco-Kirkland 3pk Bacon 3.97

Hey all, Costco has their Kirkland Signature bacon 3 pack on for 3.97 which is a great deal. The computer shows the price going back up to the regular price on the 10th so grab em while the grabbin's good. Got me some bacon to cook...mmmmmm.....bacon and eggs for breakfast; BLTs for lunch; bacon cheeseburger for supper and a heart attack for dessert.

M0NK
17 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2003
1332 posts
113 upvotes
3 packs for $4? That's a really good deal. Cook it all up, throw it in ziplocks in the freezer, and whenever you need bacon just microwave it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6752 posts
754 upvotes
Do you think this is clearance priced because of the best before date? Wow, their bacon is soooo good, I always buy it there.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6752 posts
754 upvotes
cOmAtOaSt wrote:
Mar 6th, 2009 7:23 pm
3 packs for $4? That's a really good deal. Cook it all up, throw it in ziplocks in the freezer, and whenever you need bacon just microwave it.
Furthermore, you can cook it in the microwave to start with - take a dinner plate, layer it with a few paper towels, place bacon strips side by side, (you can get 10 or so on a plate) and then cover with paper towel. I have a reg. size Panny microwave, and we cook it for about a minute per slice, with this brand. Watch it the last 2 minutes though. Also, we like ours crispy, so our time frame may be higher than what you want. If you have more bacon to cook, you can layer it on top of the other bacon using a couple of sheets of paper towel, or even on top of the other bacon, but it doesn't work as well to cook it when it overlaps. CAREFULLY remove it from the microwave oven, as it is really hot, then sop up any extra grease with additional paper towel. They have exactly the right amount of salt and flavoring in that brand. Also, look at EACH pack - 2 times now, out of my 3 pack bundle, 1 of them had lost the air tight grip to the bacon, and the bacon was questionable as a result. CHECK your best before date!

I thought one could freeze it in the package as is, so long as it's frozen before the best before date? Anyone know? Thanks!
Apr 11, 2005
989 posts
62 upvotes
why would freezing raw bacon be any different than freezing other raw meats? I freeze everything, cooked or not.
Oct 10, 2006
905 posts
40 upvotes
Halifax
StealthyMonk wrote:
Mar 6th, 2009 7:19 pm
Hey all, Costco has their Kirkland Signature bacon 3 pack on for 3.97 which is a great deal. The computer shows the price going back up to the regular price on the 10th so grab em while the grabbin's good. Got me some bacon to cook...mmmmmm.....bacon and eggs for breakfast; BLTs for lunch; bacon cheeseburger for supper and a heart attack for dessert.

M0NK
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funneh!
Oct 31, 2008
234 posts
8 upvotes
Stephie wrote:
Mar 6th, 2009 7:38 pm
why would freezing raw bacon be any different than freezing other raw meats? I freeze everything, cooked or not.
they like to cook and freeze them all at once, so they can have bacon whenever they want without waiting too long for it to cook
Sep 30, 2001
25587 posts
4754 upvotes
Stephie wrote:
why would freezing raw bacon be any different than freezing other raw meats?
Because when the call for Bacon strikes you don't have time to screw around cooking it!
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5406 posts
170 upvotes
BC
Stephie wrote:
I freeze mine without cooking. But then again, I use it in many different things and raw is required.

It seems strange that it would have .97 on the end for a sale, this usually means a clear out. My guess would be it is close to the due date.

Also I have never seen Kirkland brand bacon. I'll have to look for it, normally buy the 1kg maple smoked slab.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2005
1376 posts
50 upvotes
London
Damn, just bought a 3pack of kirkland yesterday here in London for reg $9.97. Got home and noticed a short stale date on them. Assumed these weren't selling because the maple leaf was on an endcap/sale for the same price. (We prefer the kirkland!).

Going to feel like a douche getting a price adjustment on perishable food!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7554 posts
149 upvotes
milhouse6 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2009 9:39 pm
Damn, just bought a 3pack of kirkland yesterday here in London for reg $9.97. Got home and noticed a short stale date on them. Assumed these weren't selling because the maple leaf was on an endcap/sale for the same price. (We prefer the kirkland!).

Going to feel like a douche getting a price adjustment on perishable food!
just return it and tell them the expiry date is too close for comfort...

then buy it again if you want.LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1375 posts
247 upvotes
Just came back from South Edmonton location - no sale price.

Perhaps location specific?
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6752 posts
754 upvotes
If you can't find it at Costco on sale, you can always get free bacon here...

:cheesygri :razz:
Apr 15, 2004
601 posts
81 upvotes
jory29 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2009 10:05 pm
If you can't find it at Costco on sale, you can always get free bacon here...

:cheesygri :razz:
That kicks so much [behind]. Thanks for making my day. :lol:
[OP]
Jan 13, 2008
71 posts
8 upvotes
London
I believe the expiry is near the end of march, so they are moving it before expiry rolls around. As long as you cook some this weekend and freeze the rest expriy date shouldn't be an issue. I've seen them do this before...not sure if the buyer over ordered or if it just wasn't bacon season.
× < >