• Nov 1st, 2017 2:36 pm
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10742 posts
1273 upvotes
Edmonton
TrevorK wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 10:33 pm
Remember to also keep in mind to what age you plan to use it. For us we followed the recommendation of formula until 1 year old, then homo milk. Just so you do not over buy formula. During this time period (our case up until 1) you are also starting them on solids (cereals, purees, etc) and this takes away from the formula you would give them.

For example, here's an idea of how much during their first year:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthl ... _90,P02209

I'm not here to push an opinion on you - but more to caution you not to overbuy.
Better to overbuy on coupon than only buy 10 tubs like we did back in the spring thinking that would last until the next sale. Boy when they hit a growth spurt be prepared for double feedings and even overnight feedings again after he has been letting you sleep 8 hours for quite a while.

Costco return policy is very good to allow this.

Same goes for diapers same goes for wipes. When they are on coupon stock up. When you don't you run out and are hitting up superstore and Wal-Mart trying to find coupons to make the price at least close to Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7213 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto
blainehamilton wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 7:41 pm
Better to overbuy on coupon than only buy 10 tubs like we did back in the spring thinking that would last until the next sale. Boy when they hit a growth spurt be prepared for double feedings and even overnight feedings again after he has been letting you sleep 8 hours for quite a while.

Costco return policy is very good to allow this.

Same goes for diapers same goes for wipes. When they are on coupon stock up. When you don't you run out and are hitting up superstore and Wal-Mart trying to find coupons to make the price at least close to Costco.
The expiry on these is pretty long. I'm in for 20 with #2 coming in January. I bought a ton of the old packaged PC formula when it was on clearance for $8-9/tin. I think it was like 16 of those and then a crap ton of the Costco ones. I should have them pull my history and see how many of these I bought for kid #1.
Oct 2, 2013
106 posts
23 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Busta wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 11:52 pm
We diluted by 10% but we gave him more formula through out the day... So long as you are giving them the recommended calories throughout the day there's little to no problem. In fact many paediatricians recommend you put extra water to keep them hydrated. If the drink tastes too bland the baby will reject the drink. It's a sweet spot that you have to find, of course this is baby specific and I do recommend you consult your paediatrician.
I just logged on to down vote this post and to tell you to not spread false information. No pediatrician will ever tell you to dilute formula or to supplement with water for an infant. If you're concerned with hydration there are formulated fluids that provide electrolytes that are balanced so you don't cause more damage to a child.

If you're concern is to save money, fine. Please don't give unsolicited and wrong advice that can cause harm to a child. I'm reporting you to a moderator.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2006
167 posts
86 upvotes
DeNovo2011 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 10:04 pm
I just logged on to down vote this post and to tell you to not spread false information. No pediatrician will ever tell you to dilute formula or to supplement with water for an infant. If you're concerned with hydration there are formulated fluids that provide electrolytes that are balanced so you don't cause more damage to a child.

If you're concern is to save money, fine. Please don't give unsolicited and wrong advice that can cause harm to a child. I'm reporting you to a moderator.
You really think I would put money infront of my child's health? Please dont assume that, I followed the plan as laid out by my pediatrician, I am no expert at these things and trusted my pediatrician of 20+ years to know more than me. again, as I have mentioned above, this is baby specific and each child should have their own plan. when we presented the symptoms to my pediatrician, she laid out a plan for him. I am following that plan because she knows better. I dont think you know my child nor his case, i was simply sharing my experience (as many have done with the same circumstances on babycenter).
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Oct 2, 2013
106 posts
23 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Busta wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 10:37 am
You really think I would put money infront of my child's health? Please dont assume that, I followed the plan as laid out by my pediatrician, I am no expert at these things and trusted my pediatrician of 20+ years to know more than me. again, as I have mentioned above, this is baby specific and each child should have their own plan. when we presented the symptoms to my pediatrician, she laid out a plan for him. I am following that plan because she knows better. I dont think you know my child nor his case, i was simply sharing my experience (as many have done with the same circumstances on babycenter).
Exactly, I don't know your child nor his case. Neither does anyone else on this board or any other "baby" board. You can place disclaimers all you want and what your pediatrician said. The fact that you put the information down as something that can be done is dangerous. Not everyone will go through and follow up with their pediatrician (if they even have a doctor for their child that they can trust), they may just follow your blind advice and do something dangerous that may harm their child.

So good for you that you followed your doctors advice, it's bad for others who may follow your advice and not have the same. They may end up in the emergency room because "Busta" said they diluted their feeds 10% for their child. Be responsible for what you post.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2006
167 posts
86 upvotes
DeNovo2011 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 1:03 pm
Exactly, I don't know your child nor his case. Neither does anyone else on this board or any other "baby" board. You can place disclaimers all you want and what your pediatrician said. The fact that you put the information down as something that can be done is dangerous. Not everyone will go through and follow up with their pediatrician (if they even have a doctor for their child that they can trust), they may just follow your blind advice and do something dangerous that may harm their child.

So good for you that you followed your doctors advice, it's bad for others who may follow your advice and not have the same. They may end up in the emergency room because "Busta" said they diluted their feeds 10% for their child. Be responsible for what you post.
sure
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Oct 2, 2013
106 posts
23 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Busta wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 2:08 pm
sure
Just proved how much you really care. Great at finding deals, not so much at being a decent human being.
Aug 22, 2005
80 posts
43 upvotes
Goodness.. some people just like to argue and get offended.