Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Kirkland Signature Trail Socks - 4 pack ($12.97)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2019 4:21 am
Nov 20, 2012
322 posts
190 upvotes
OTTAWA

[Costco] Kirkland Signature Trail Socks - 4 pack ($12.97)

Seems like a good deal for socks that are 72% merino wool.
Reviews are mixed but for the price I'm willing to take the chance.

Includes shipping.
Last edited by cruban on Feb 19th, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
64 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10167 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone is stopping by in a store, please let me know if it is on clearance I store and at what price.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Dec 16, 2009
169 posts
329 upvotes
They are $9.97 in store. I bought some today in Guelph.

shikotee wrote: If anyone is stopping by in a store, please let me know if it is on clearance I store and at what price.
Feb 2, 2015
675 posts
1217 upvotes
Calgary, AB
These have been my go-to winter and hiking socks for a while .. $9.97 for a pack of four is unbeatable value in my opinion. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3968 posts
4717 upvotes
Victoria
As a long-time fan of these socks, let me warn you that these fit different than previous versions. These new ones are very loose in comparison. I am constantly tugging at them, not only around the ankles but in my shoes as well. Wearing them around the house, they become so loose in the toes that I end up stepping on them.

I have no idea what happened, but these are not the same socks, despite the similar materials. I am not the only one who feels this way, as I have a circle of friends who all buy a pack every year, and we've all been disappointed in the latest version.
Nov 6, 2016
318 posts
218 upvotes
cooper83 wrote: As a long-time fan of these socks, let me warn you that these fit different than previous versions. These new ones are very loose in comparison. I am constantly tugging at them, not only around the ankles but in my shoes as well. Wearing them around the house, they become so loose in the toes that I end up stepping on them.

I have no idea what happened, but these are not the same socks, despite the similar materials. I am not the only one who feels this way, as I have a circle of friends who all buy a pack every year, and we've all been disappointed in the latest version.
Ahhh, that's a bummer. The previous versions were some of the best fitting and feeling socks I had.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
As warm as they are they start pilling like crazy after a few washes. That hasn't stopped me from buying them though.
Lowest was $4.97 a couple of years back.
Apr 29, 2007
984 posts
670 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I really don't need any more socks, but at this price it's hard to pass up.

Don't forget promo code AERO3 for triple aeroplan points.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
I love these socks but i have to say that within 1 yr they have worn almost completely through in the heel and ball area of the foot. Not sure if it's just how I walk or something specific to me but I have not observed this with my cotton socks
Jul 6, 2008
241 posts
143 upvotes
Tig wrote: I love these socks but i have to say that within 1 yr they have worn almost completely through in the heel and ball area of the foot. Not sure if it's just how I walk or something specific to me but I have not observed this with my cotton socks
+1

Socks are worn all the way out at the heel. I don't have any issues with other socks.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3968 posts
4717 upvotes
Victoria
To add what others have said, all generations of the socks wear quickly in the heel & ball of the foot areas. The latest gen pills even worse than the old ones. After a few washes they look worse than my old ones, some of which are 5+ years old. And yes, I wash them inside out, which is supposed to help longevity.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10167 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
Etobicoke is cleared out.
Not much left at Mississauga dundas.

Picked up what I needed - many thanks for the heads up OP.
Images
  • PHOTO_20190219_191602.jpg
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
May 27, 2018
78 posts
82 upvotes
Waterloo
Meat head wrote: They are $9.97 in store. I bought some today in Guelph.
$9.97 in Waterloo as well.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10167 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
At $2.50 per pair of Sox, you just can't go wrong.
I picked up 7 packages.

These became my standard winter wear socks 2-3 years ago, where I purchased a similar amount of packages.
I keep a milk crate in my room used as a hamper for these socks. When I notice I only have a few pairs of clean left, I wash them in cold water with little detergent, inside out, and air dry them on a rack. The original ones I purchased are in great condition - will add a few of these new ones into the rotation, and keep the others for when I have to retire some. I do not use them in the warmer months. This system works great.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3968 posts
4717 upvotes
Victoria
shikotee wrote: At $2.50 per pair of Sox, you just can't go wrong.
I picked up 7 packages.

These became my standard winter wear socks 2-3 years ago, where I purchased a similar amount of packages.
I keep a milk crate in my room used as a hamper for these socks. When I notice I only have a few pairs of clean left, I wash them in cold water with little detergent, inside out, and air dry them on a rack. The original ones I purchased are in great condition - will add a few of these new ones into the rotation, and keep the others for when I have to retire some. I do not use them in the warmer months. This system works great.
I'll be very curious to hear your review of the new ones.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10167 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
cooper83 wrote: I'll be very curious to hear your review of the new ones.
Here are some pics of my previous generation alongside this years version (obtained around Xmas, and only washed 2-3 times). Each version has 1 sock inversed, the other not. You can tell they changed up the stitching, where the new version has extra sewing/protection at the upper arch and toe knuckle area.

The new ones feel tighter, which is kinda obvious. Since I've only worn them a few times, it is hard to gauge their longevity.
Images
  • PHOTO_20190219_203548.jpg
  • PHOTO_20190219_203617.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
I bought them last year...
They have shrink so much, that they are now used by my 11yo ...
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10167 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
superbigjay wrote: I bought them last year...
They have shrink so much, that they are now used by my 11yo ...
Did you air dry them, or use a dryer?
You shouldn't use a dryer for merino wool.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)