• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 11:44 am
[OP]
Dec 6, 2005
529 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver

[Costco] Kirkland women's trench coat $39.99 in store

Hi all, didn't see this deal posted on rfd.

I saw this on the costco website and instantly thought about the men's Kirkland softshell jacket which is a rebranded north face apex bionic jacket.

I think this deal is an even better deal, as it's a waterproof (dry vent 2-layer) coat.

This coat is also a rebranded north face coat that goes by the name "Laney Trench coat"

Note that there are two versions, the Laney 1 and the Laney 2. It looks like most people preferred the Laney 1, as it has a removable hood which you can take off when you want it to look dressier.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/women ... -ca#hero=3

This jacket can be found in-store at $39.99. Do note that this jacket fits rather large, as opposed to the north face sizing.

Bdv
21 replies
Jan 5, 2007
94 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
Link to Laney 2?
Wondering if could be unisex
Sep 10, 2010
318 posts
41 upvotes
St Catharines
Thx OP.Great find!My wife ordered one even though I'm off to Costco this am.Her fomo was not taking a chance on getting it instore.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11669 posts
1385 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Damn, they need a similar men's jacket at this price.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1515 posts
1680 upvotes
Halifax
How are you sure it's a rebrand of the same item? It looks like a similar item but not the exact same. Pictures of Costco show 'V' cut at bottom back with no buttons. Northface pictures show smaller V cut with button. Also buckles are a different colour.

I think they are similar and I like Costco quality for most things but they don't look the same to me.
Aug 5, 2008
449 posts
238 upvotes
tdracer wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 8:07 am
How are you sure it's a rebrand of the same item? It looks like a similar item but not the exact same. Pictures of Costco show 'V' cut at bottom back with no buttons. Northface pictures show smaller V cut with button. Also buckles are a different colour.

I think they are similar and I like Costco quality for most things but they don't look the same to me.
Ya, I agree with you and the description for the Kirkland one says water resistant, where as the North Face one is waterproof. But it could still be made by North Face.
Last edited by cutey130 on Apr 13th, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10684 posts
10783 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 7:19 am
Damn, they need a similar men's jacket at this price.
The women's dark blue trench coat gives me Carmen Sandiago vibes. Can't fault them.

Is there a men's equivalent at Costco?
[OP]
Dec 6, 2005
529 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks waterproof in the description to me

Features:
Waterproof seam-sealed
Breathable
Wind resistant
Detachable hood
Interior security pocket
Adjustable sleeves and waist tabs
Colours: grey, dark blue or red
Made in Vietnam
cutey130 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 8:18 am
Ya, I agree with you and the description for the Kirkland one says water resistant, where as the North Face one is waterproof. But it could still be made by North Face.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1515 posts
1680 upvotes
Halifax
beatdownvictim wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 9:39 am

Features:
Waterproof seam-sealed
Breathable
Wind resistant
Detachable hood
Interior security pocket
Made in Vietnam
Still it looks different than north face. Are you sure it's a rebrand. I am sure it's good quality but rebrand vs imitation are 2 different things
[OP]
Dec 6, 2005
529 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm pretty sure of the fact that it's a rebrand. Not 100% positive, but given the fact that costco sells the Kirkland men's softshell jacket at https://www.costco.ca/Kirkland-Signatur ... 71361.html

Which is the same jacket as the tnf apex bionic
I'd say it's pretty safe to say that it is a rebrand.
tdracer wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 9:43 am
Still it looks different than north face. Are you sure it's a rebrand. I am sure it's good quality but rebrand vs imitation are 2 different things
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1515 posts
1680 upvotes
Halifax
beatdownvictim wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 9:55 am
I'm pretty sure of the fact that it's a rebrand. Not 100% positive, but given the fact that costco sells the Kirkland men's softshell jacket at https://www.costco.ca/Kirkland-Signatur ... 71361.html

Which is the same jacket as the tnf apex bionic
I'd say it's pretty safe to say that it is a rebrand.
how is it a fact that the kirklands men softshell is a mens tnf apex bionic? Has anyone actually verified this or have inside information? Again, I think the quality is probably very good, but any picture I can find of the kirkland vs tnf, the stitching and design is different. They seem similar to each other but not the same.

How are they rebrands if they are, albeit minorly, different.
Sep 18, 2017
387 posts
507 upvotes
Vancouver
beatdownvictim wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 9:39 am

Features:
Waterproof seam-sealed
Breathable
Wind resistant
Detachable hood
Interior security pocket
Made in Vietnam
Thanks Carson
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
1751 posts
275 upvotes
Does anyone know they are available in store?
Sep 19, 2007
173 posts
94 upvotes
simplylgg wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 2:46 pm
Does anyone know they are available in store?
Lots left at Vancouver Grandview, and Downtown stores.