Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] COSTCO: Landscape Fabric 220' for ~$36!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2015 10:43 am
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes

[Costco] COSTCO: Landscape Fabric 220' for ~$36!

Just saw that this was in at the Beacon Hill Calgary location.

Select "Better Barriers" for Weed Control commercial grade landscape fabric.
www.questplastics.ca

48" x 220' 1.2m x 67m
Comes with 60 ground staples! (bonus not included last year!)

This is way cheaper than you can get it from HD or Rona (~$25 for 100')
53 replies
Nov 17, 2002
56 posts
got one last week at Costco. Great deal, much cheaper than anywhere I have seen.
Aug 8, 2005
729 posts
10 upvotes
Near Halifax
What is the quality of the fabric versus that at Rona and HD? Do you happen to know how long the warranty on the fabric is?
Hmm ... I've saved TONS of money yet I'm still broke. Oh yeah - I've got LOTS of toys to show for my savings. <--- Typical RFD way of thinking :D
Aug 19, 2002
297 posts
37 upvotes
We've used the same fabric in our landscaping projects, it's really great stuff. I compared the tear strength and "toughness" of several fabrics before settling on this brand even before Costco started carrying it. Puts even some so-called "commercial" fabric I've seen to shame.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1257 posts
77 upvotes
dirkpitt wrote:
Mar 20th, 2010 1:25 pm
Just saw that this was in at the Beacon Hill Calgary location.

Select "Better Barriers" for Weed Control commercial grade landscape fabric.
www.questplastics.ca

48" x 220' 1.2m x 67m
Comes with 60 ground staples! (bonus not included last year!)

This is way cheaper than you can get it from HD or Rona (~$25 for 100')
sorry but could you be more specific as in where to click better barriers? i cant seem to find it.
Aug 8, 2005
729 posts
10 upvotes
Near Halifax
Writer wrote:
Mar 20th, 2010 6:08 pm
We've used the same fabric in our landscaping projects, it's really great stuff. I compared the tear strength and "toughness" of several fabrics before settling on this brand even before Costco started carrying it. Puts even some so-called "commercial" fabric I've seen to shame.
Thanks for the info. My concern is not only strength but length of time in application before it begins to degrade and/or fail. That's why I was asking about the warranty. Some cheaper products (usually offshore) seem adequate when purchased but fail after a farily short in service internval.
Hmm ... I've saved TONS of money yet I'm still broke. Oh yeah - I've got LOTS of toys to show for my savings. <--- Typical RFD way of thinking :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes
chandans wrote:
Mar 20th, 2010 8:27 pm
sorry but could you be more specific as in where to click better barriers? i cant seem to find it.
I know what you mean... I quoted the URL from the label on the packaging, but never found the exact product on their website.
It's good stuff, regardless--this is the third roll of the stuff that I've used in my own yard (I despise mowing...) great for under bark, gravel or other...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes
Boardman wrote:
Mar 20th, 2010 8:32 pm
Thanks for the info. My concern is not only strength but length of time in application before it begins to degrade and/or fail. That's why I was asking about the warranty. Some cheaper products (usually offshore) seem adequate when purchased but fail after a farily short in service internval.
It's a 20 year warranty.
Apr 11, 2005
989 posts
62 upvotes
anyone know if Costco is still carrying this or is it gone by now? Knew I should have bought it when I saw it earlier.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes
I was in to the Beacon Hill location in Calgary and they had about 3 large boxes left. Last year it was gone in a week!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
1547 posts
222 upvotes
Can someone shed some light on the application of this fabric and the instruction on how to use it. I want to get this and use it on my vegetable garden but I don't know if this is suitable and how to lay it down.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes
There is a very thorough explanation of landscape fabric preparation and application here that includes more subtle details like the use of landscape staples, and how to install plants through weed barriers.

FYI: if you're going to use landscape staples, they are a lot cheaper at stores that sell bulk products (like Burnco here in Calgary: 12 cents each) compared to $3 for a bag of 10 at Home Depot!
Aug 9, 2007
758 posts
38 upvotes
Just got a roll at Costco Innes Rd.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1300 posts
66 upvotes
chandans wrote:
Mar 20th, 2010 8:27 pm
The Select "Better Barriers" is just the grade of the landscape fabric as listed on the label--nothing to click! :)

Sorry for my extremely delayed response... I wasn't sure what you meant by "click better barriers" :confused:
Apr 11, 2005
989 posts
62 upvotes
ceeatch wrote:
Apr 27th, 2010 11:51 am
Just got a roll at Costco Innes Rd.
Awesome, that's my location, gonna go this week, were there lots left?
× < >