Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto

Costco Levi's Jeans

Any sighting of Levi's Jeans in Costco's in the GTA?

I bought a pair last year at the Downsview.

Was there Sunday but they only gots Calvin Klein and Buffalo.

Both good dressy brands but close up lacking in quality and looks.
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Thx. Trini. Went down and picked up a pair of 505's.

also picked up a pair of the Buffalo jeans which seemed better than the CK IMO.
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
Winners often have Levi's too...price is usually around $30 but they sometimes are on clearance for cheaper. One thing to mention is that places like Costco and Winners get manufacturers to make clothing specifically for them, so the quality might not be the same as other stores.
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
trini wrote: Winners jeans often have defects like one leg smaller than the other etc. if you're cool with that.
Glad to help out.
I've purchased numerous pairs of jeans at Winners over the years and I've never had any issues with defective pairs. They would be stamped with "irregular" if they were seconds anyway...it's more likely they are manufactured especially for Winners. If you see a lot of representation of one particular brand, i.e. Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Quicksilver, etc...then you know that's the case.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Mars2012 wrote: Winners often have Levi's too...price is usually around $30 but they sometimes are on clearance for cheaper. One thing to mention is that places like Costco and Winners get manufacturers to make clothing specifically for them, so the quality might not be the same as other stores.
Yep. Used to see Levi's Jeans at Winners called "irregulars".

They used to be as low as $24.99.

Have not seen any in some time though.

I used to get Levi's Jeans on sale at Sears, Eaton's or The Bay for $30.

The department store prices have skyrocketed though.

On the print inside the pockets, the Costco ones say "Made in Mexico".
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Do they have fitting rooms?
No fitting rooms at Costco, but that doesn't stop some people from trying on clothes. :lol: They have such a generous refund policy, you don't have to worry about any returns anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
What about the quality of jeans at their outlet stores? (Vaughan Mills, Dixie Value Mall)...
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I have not seen Levis at Costco, however, I was at Dixie Outlet Mall earlier this week and the Levis outlet store in there has a selection much more massive than I ever saw at The Bay, etc. The only exception is I did not see the 513's or the Line 8 styles. I guess those are more premium and not seen in "Outlet" Stores.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2761 posts
1830 upvotes
GTA
I'm wearing a pair of Levi's jeans that I bought from Costco in Richmond Hill. Was like $29 or something like that. I haven't bought Levi's in ages and noticed that they are much thicker than other brands.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Just remembered that I saw Mississauga Heartsland Costco now has Levis 505 in stock for $29.99 each. Sizes 30-40 available.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
2047 posts
1661 upvotes
Also in the market for new jeans. Last time bought a pair of jeans was in 2004 from GAP. They lasted me about 10 yrs.been wearing uniform at work. What is a good brand of jeans now a days under $50. Don't like skinny jeans look. Ok with either low rise boot cut or straight.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
nousername wrote: Also in the market for new jeans. Last time bought a pair of jeans was in 2004 from GAP. They lasted me about 10 yrs.been wearing uniform at work. What is a good brand of jeans now a days under $50. Don't like skinny jeans look. Ok with either low rise boot cut or straight.
Wait for Levis sale at The Bay.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
2047 posts
1661 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Wait for Levis sale at The Bay.
Any particular model number in levis line up I should be looking for?
Thanks
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
nousername wrote: Any particular model number in levis line up I should be looking for?
Thanks
If you are looking for the dressy style, I suggest you go after the "Line 8" versions, which definitely look more formal. The "Line 8" is not a model number, but is instead a "subtype" within certain models. No metal rivets. Sewing the same colour as the fabric. Thinner fabric that drapes better. I have some black Levis 513 "Line 8" and they are definitely on another level in terms of dressiness versus the standard ones. There is no difference in fit, it's just the appearance and materials.

They also have Line 8 in the indigo color but that's not sold in Canada. You can find the grey market ones at Model Citizen located in Kensington Market, as well as many other atypical / hipster jeans.

As for Levis model numbers, just pick something that fits your body.

505 = Straight cut and fairly loose. It's not so formal but you might need it if you are bigger than average build.
511 = Slim and you had better be pretty skinny to wear them.
513 = "Slim-Straight" so it's between 505 and 511. I'm fairly average build but could lose some extra weight and these are about as far as I go. They look stylish / dressy on me.
541 = Similar to 513 but for more athletic people, especially hockey players with big thighs, glutes.

They have tonnes more styles and these are just a few I can name off the top of my head. Seriously, just research the styles and go try them on. Be aware that they'll shrink a little on first wash. The Levis store at Dixie mall is stacked floor to ceiling with like 30 different cuts for men alone, I didn't count the female versions. (Surprisingly they don't have 513 or Line 8, I guess those are considered to be too good for an outlet mall.)
- casual gastronomist -