Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
COSTCO

LG 27" FULL HD IPS MONITOR $199

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2017 12:00 am
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2443 posts
2978 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Looks like a decent monitor for a good price. I would probably only go for this if you need it for documents or school work. Nothing other than that, as I can't stand thick bezels or non glossy screens for movies.

But do you guys think that 1080p is alright for 27in? I figured that it should be 2k if you wanna view documents and multiscreen stuff.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
It's not color calibrated like some of the other more expensive models. I have a 24mp68vq which comes factory calibrated.

The lower end LG monitors are absolutely terrible, it's a hard pass like everyone said.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1759 posts
525 upvotes
Woodbridge
Wow, time to upgrade from my 10 year old hp 24 inch. Thanks. Hopefully they aren't sold out by the time I get there
Feb 19, 2017
541 posts
396 upvotes
I recently purchased an LG 24" 1080p IPS monitor with Freesync and a 75Hz refresh rate. The colours are much nicer than the old LED TN panel it replaced, but the IPS glow is pretty bad. I wouldn't buy again, but it was cheap and an improvement on what I had so I kept it. Also, I find 1080p at 24" isn't as sharp as I'd like, so 1080p at 27" is definitely not something I'd consider (though this varies by person of course). Unfortunately 1440p and 4K screens with a modern feature set (IPS or VA, VRR GSync or Freesync, high refresh rates) are still super pricey, so I've stuck with 1080p for now.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
Chrno wrote: Who makes a monitor without a VESA mount these days...
Costco :P
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
da_guy2 wrote: Colour Gamut on it is terrible... Pass.
What do you mean by terrible?
tablo13 wrote: It's not color calibrated like some of the other more expensive models. I have a 24mp68vq which comes factory calibrated.

The lower end LG monitors are absolutely terrible, it's a hard pass like everyone said.
I don't typically see a monitor boast about factory calibrated, is this something a consumer can't do?
Also why are lower end LG terrible?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
Quentin5 wrote: What do you mean by terrible?

I don't typically see a monitor boast about factory calibrated, is this something a consumer can't do?
Also why are lower end LG terrible?
Well considering calibration equipment are hundreds to thousands of dollars, it's not something a typical customer would be able to do. Lower end LG monitors are just terrible, I've had the misfortune of buying one of them before. It simply looks off.
Oct 29, 2014
541 posts
196 upvotes
Thoughts on the Best Buy monitor? Think ill go pick it up as it looks pretty good. Bestbuy warranty is garbage compared to Costco though :/
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
tablo13 wrote: Well considering calibration equipment are hundreds to thousands of dollars, it's not something a typical customer would be able to do. Lower end LG monitors are just terrible, I've had the misfortune of buying one of them before. It simply looks off.
How do you know which monitors are calibrated?
Looking off is not very specific guidance
Jul 18, 2015
207 posts
167 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
In the past 2 weeks, I bought 3 27" monitors to try them out and see which one fits my need the most. I watch movies, do some web stuff and play games. I didn't want to spend 500$ - 800$ on a gaming monitor but still wanted something that would do the job. I agree that a 1440p with 144hz would have been better but between a LG, BenQ and Asus I chose the BenQ GW2760HS at 219$ on Amazon (used to be the same price at Costco but it moved to 255$). Did some adjustments on the brightness and some colors adjustment and I must say that I am pleased with it. Just wanted to share in case it would be useful to someone !

https://www.amazon.ca/BenQ-GW2760HS-27- ... ds=benq+27
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
Quentin5 wrote: How do you know which monitors are calibrated?
Looking off is not very specific guidance
Geez you're being tense. I suggest you buy one and see for yourself if you want to be so defensive towards LG monitors.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
tablo13 wrote: Geez you're being tense. I suggest you buy one and see for yourself if you want to be so defensive towards LG monitors.
Not defensive, i just want to know how i can weed out bad LG monitors when shopping sales. Going to every retailer every week when a new flyer comes out is just not practical.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
If it had 2k resolution
Oct 5, 2012
145 posts
48 upvotes
BC
Quentin5 wrote: Not defensive, i just want to know how i can weed out bad LG monitors when shopping sales. Going to every retailer every week when a new flyer comes out is just not practical.
You're right -- for a different reason, though. Going to different (I assume) big box retailers isn't practical because most sales staff just wanna sell you something and get you out the door. lol None of that I'm not on commission load of bullocks will save you from this either.

Anyway, to my knowledge, monitors don't typically come factory calibrated. Those that are, are pricier and will include this specification in their product description. Eg. ASUS ProArt series Model PA249Q I'm guessing because home users don't need their monitor's color accuracy down to the T, it's not generally offered. Besides, the more serious folks (professional graphics designers) will have the money to drop on one of these calibrated monitors though.

And again, I don't mean to rain on your parade but I really must emphasize that these aren't the kinda monitors you'll find on sale flyer. You get what you pay for -- and in this case, you're looking at way more than a $200 price tag. A direction I'd point you in where you'll "hit more than miss" on a calibrated monitor is Dell, particularly the ultrasharp lineup. Don't just pick one up and assume it's calibrated though.

I'd also suggest you check out some monitors that the stores have on display and play with the color settings. Google up a nice scenery pic with tons of detail and just compare an IPS to a non IPS. Difference is generally discernible side by side, not by itself unless you have an eye for this stuff. Also remember, if you have a graphics card, you can adjust the colors, contrast and brightness yourself too.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Audra2202 wrote: You're right -- for a different reason, though. Going to different (I assume) big box retailers isn't practical because most sales staff just wanna sell you something and get you out the door. lol None of that I'm not on commission load of bullocks will save you from this either.

Anyway, to my knowledge, monitors don't typically come factory calibrated. Those that are, are pricier and will include this specification in their product description. Eg. ASUS ProArt series Model PA249Q I'm guessing because home users don't need their monitor's color accuracy down to the T, it's not generally offered. Besides, the more serious folks (professional graphics designers) will have the money to drop on one of these calibrated monitors though.

And again, I don't mean to rain on your parade but I really must emphasize that these aren't the kinda monitors you'll find on sale flyer. You get what you pay for -- and in this case, you're looking at way more than a $200 price tag. A direction I'd point you in where you'll "hit more than miss" on a calibrated monitor is Dell, particularly the ultrasharp lineup. Don't just pick one up and assume it's calibrated though.

I'd also suggest you check out some monitors that the stores have on display and play with the color settings. Google up a nice scenery pic with tons of detail and just compare an IPS to a non IPS. Difference is generally discernible side by side, not by itself unless you have an eye for this stuff. Also remember, if you have a graphics card, you can adjust the colors, contrast and brightness yourself too.
Thanks for your reply, i'm coming from a 10 year old 19in TN panel, hoping for a 27in IPS for $200-250ish, but i am willing to wait for a good sale, sometimes there are $100-150 off sales and i'm happy to wait till summer/fall if necessary.
No gaming or professional work, 1080p movies, browsing that sort of thing.
Oct 5, 2012
145 posts
48 upvotes
BC
Quentin5 wrote: Thanks for your reply, i'm coming from a 10 year old 19in TN panel, hoping for a 27in IPS for $200-250ish, but i am willing to wait for a good sale, sometimes there are $100-150 off sales and i'm happy to wait till summer/fall if necessary.
No gaming or professional work, 1080p movies, browsing that sort of thing.
Yeah, side by side you'll see the difference. I have double TN next to an IPS. It has driven me nuts but I've managed to manually calibrate it to come close to IPS colors. At a certain point though, the text on the TN panels go all fuzzy which makes it a bit complicated - but it is doable. Sale LG IPS monitors are in generally in your budget. Same with ASUS when they're on sale, too. Idk about BenQ and AOC prices for IPS.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
Quentin5 wrote: Not defensive, i just want to know how i can weed out bad LG monitors when shopping sales. Going to every retailer every week when a new flyer comes out is just not practical.
Well, I think it's safe to assume that the absolute cheapest LG monitors are junk. Their higher end ones claim they come factory calibrated. Like most computer components, you'd usually have to buy the good ones online or from computer specialty stores (like Memory Express) because they're otherwise not available at big box stores.

If you don't mind the VA panel, you can get the BenQ GW2760HS for $219 regular price right now. VA monitors have similar color reproduction to IPS, and better contrast, but some noticeable ghosting on fast moving images. That's what I've concluded by comparing my BenQ GW2470H and LG 24MP68VQ.