Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

LG G3 on Fido 2-yr Plan for $47.99 with $100 Costco Cash

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2015 10:16 pm
Tags:
202 replies
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
Would this work on a renewal smart plan. I am not a Costco member either.
Dec 12, 2010
168 posts
251 upvotes
Montréal
stevstevd wrote: Would this work on a renewal smart plan. I am not a Costco member either.
If you go with someone that have a Costco membership this is not a problem, everything will be with your name as usual but if there is something to pay your friend with the membership must be the one paying at the cashier.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2326 posts
685 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
They told me $50 for L G3 is only on Max plans, other plans it's $100.
Also I was told it's $50 credit for G3.
That was yesterday at Burlington Costco.

Ahh, checked the website, seems yesterday was different or they gave me bad info.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8102 upvotes
The G3 just got lollipop yesterday. It's a really nice update. It makes the phone even faster and more responsive.
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
toyopl wrote: They told me $50 for L G3 is only on Max plans, other plans it's $100.
Also I was told it's $50 credit for G3.
That was yesterday at Burlington Costco.

Ahh, checked the website, seems yesterday was different or they gave me bad info.
they gave you bad info because I was aware of this deal yesterday through the website. I am just trying to figure out if I can do this on a renewal... Or perhaps if its not on renewals, that they are even more likely to give in if I sign up for Costco membership. I'm not the kinda guy to bug the only person I know to come in with their membership card just to save me 50$
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2448 posts
1073 upvotes
Toronto
I asked a Costco booth guy during the valentine special. He said the deal applies to renewal but U don't get the bonus cash in Costco money, but Fido credits. U still get $50 (at that time). U just have to pay $47.99 to start a new 2 year term, everything remains the same as Ur current plan.
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
Just called, not on renewals either. Looks like its a rare thing to be able to renew and get these deals. I know some have recently, but perhaps they were long time Fido members. I've only been a member for less than 2 years so they don't seem to bother. Although it is good to know that the worse case is I am not paying too much to renew on the g3. I'll likely wait until I have no more early cancellation and just get it at 0$ or whatever the deal will be at the time.
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
matt4670 wrote: I asked a Costco booth guy during the valentine special. He said the deal applies to renewal but U don't get the bonus cash in Costco money, but Fido credits. U still get $50 (at that time). U just have to pay $47.99 to start a new 2 year term, everything remains the same as Ur current plan.
he said I would pay 19.99 and get a 25$ Costco card, however I will pay fido a 100$ upgrade charge with a 50$ credit (so all and all it would cost me 70$ - 25$ Costco card) and I would then renew from this day *(plus the cancellation fee). At the time, fido might have been at 0$, so it would have been better - but as of today its 100$ at fido.
Oct 26, 2012
327 posts
267 upvotes
Isn't it 50 bucks at best buy with a 75 dollar card as well ?
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
Canucktim wrote: Isn't it 50 bucks at best buy with a 75 dollar card as well ?
yes, there is another thread on that as well.
Jul 30, 2007
218 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
stevstevd wrote: they gave you bad info because I was aware of this deal yesterday through the website. I am just trying to figure out if I can do this on a renewal... Or perhaps if its not on renewals, that they are even more likely to give in if I sign up for Costco membership. I'm not the kinda guy to bug the only person I know to come in with their membership card just to save me 50$
Really? How very un-RFD-like of you. If I were your Costco friend I'd do it for $25. ;-)
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1768 posts
2593 upvotes
G4 is coming out in like 2 months. I wouldnt get a g3 with a $600 tab.
Nov 8, 2014
4 posts
2 upvotes
Surrey, BC
WOW mobile boutique at surrey central mall has the LG g3 for 50.00 on new acts and renewals as well! 50.00 on activation and 50.00 bill credit on renewals.
Mar 24, 2010
958 posts
122 upvotes
RaphaelG041 wrote: G4 is coming out in like 2 months. I wouldnt get a g3 with a $600 tab.
yeah, it'll be another decade until fido gets G4
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
RaphaelG041 wrote: G4 is coming out in like 2 months. I wouldnt get a g3 with a $600 tab.
In today's Cdn market, this amounts to a "hot deal". G4 will require min $70 plan on contract & will still cost min $200 at launch. This deal is eligible for $40 smart plans (including renewals for people who have better smart plans from before) & is at least "free" on contract. There is no other 2014 flagship phone that is a better deal than this at any Cdn carrier (I don't bother with Wind/Mobi since their reception is too bad for me). Other 2014 flagship phones require min $70 plan or the ones that are min $40 plan, phone still costs $250 or more (M8, S5)
Dec 3, 2006
530 posts
302 upvotes
Craven
I'm on a grandfathered Sasktel plan, $65.00 month for unlimited data. Do you think they would give me this phone and let me keep the grandfathered plan on an extended contract?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2326 posts
685 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
I'm on Fido $60 all unlimited + 2GB plan, and this phone looked like the best buy.
Dec 23, 2009
628 posts
53 upvotes
Markham
I bought this phone on the 12th. The screen has a dead pixel that is noticeable when you have a dark image up (shows up as white dot). Does anyone know what Fido/Costco's return/exchange policy is?
It says within 15 days/30 minutes. So if I go tomorrow that is within 15 days. How are the minutes calculated? Is it based on the minutes used on the phone itself? Or the minutes used under the Fido line that I signed the contract with?
Has anyone ever tried to do a return/exchange with Fido/Costco? Will they let me just swap the phone for a new one? Or will I have to cancel the contract as well and re-sign all the paperwork?
I negotiated credits with the Fido rep when I signed this contract, so I'm worried that the 15 day return policy would cancel the contract and then I'd lose the credits as well?
Can somoene chime in? I'd appreciate it

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)