Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Costco] Lightspeed Self-Inflating Sleep Pad - $46.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2018 12:16 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4879 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario
Only 2" thick. Can tire right now has a 3" for $56 and 4" for $59
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
Hopefully, these ones are better made. I bought some "North 49" branded ones from Costco a number of years ago. Returned them after a weekend. The straps broke after first use.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sandav wrote: Hopefully, these ones are better made. I bought some "North 49" branded ones from Costco a number of years ago. Returned them after a weekend. The straps broke after first use.
For the Lightspeed pads the straps are not attached to the mattress itself so no chance for that to happen. However, you'll need to make sure you don't lose the straps. I like the fact the cover/pouch for the mattress is sufficiently big enough that you don't need to roll out every bit of air from the mattress to fit it in the pouch (unlike some sleeping bags I have which is a struggle to roll up).
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
I picked this up last week for a camping trip over the weekend. My wife used the air mattress, while I used the sleep pad.

My review... It's a great product for car campers!

As for self-inflating... it's probably only self-inflating if you're 100lbs or so. My first night, I slept on it, my hip was digging into the ground. The next night I realized that I can add air into it manually. The 2nd night was much more comfortable to sleep!

I went back to try and get one at Costco Richmond Hill on Monday, and they were sold out! Went to the Newmarket Costco on Tuesday, they still had over 100 in stock. Now we've got two, perfect for our tent!
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Self inflating mats are not as comfortable as a big old air mattress.

More portable yes but a 2" self inflating foam pad is not going to be as comfortable as a 12" one.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
Guncho wrote: Self inflating mats are not as comfortable as a big old air mattress.

More portable yes but a 2" self inflating foam pad is not going to be as comfortable as a 12" one.
Absolutely true... but take into consideration the weight, size and electricity needed to inflate it. If you've got a big tent, then an air mattress is the best option.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
Slawek wrote: Only 2" thick. Can tire right now has a 3" for $56 and 4" for $59
Can anyone confirm it's 2" thick? OP image shows 3".
Sep 12, 2010
37 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
pipolchap wrote: Can anyone confirm it's 2" thick? OP image shows 3".
It's 3". Edges are more like 3.5". Very comfortable, to my opinion much better option than inflatable Coleman mattress I have.
Nov 1, 2012
234 posts
266 upvotes
Kamloops
If anyone is interested in a light compact sleeping pad I just picked up the Klymit Insulated Static V from Klymits eBay page for 52USD all in.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/KLYMIT-Static-V- ... SwP~tW1iN3

I submitted a offer for 42USD and they accepted it. I found that any of these "Best Offer" you can submit 50% of their asking price and they will generally accept it.

This sleeping pad packs down to the size of a large gatorade bottle and is pretty light. Good for backpacking, but if you are car camping size and weight don't matter as much.

There was no customs when I received this item too. I was worried when I ordered I would get dinged by customs. I am not sure if I got lucky or the item isn't priced high enough for customs.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
duckdown wrote: Wonder how they compare to the Therm A Rest line, or Klymit
This is much more comfortable than the Therm-A-Rest (the thin ones) but, of course, it's also larger and bulkier. You can't exactly tie this to the back of your backpack. Never tried the Klymit.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: They were available at the York Tech Road Markham location for the last couple of months. I picked two up in the spring in anticipation of my summer camping trip and I still saw them available a few weeks ago. They were $49.99 so it's only dropped $3 so far. And since it's not .97 it hasn't been priced to clear yet. So if you don't need it for this summer, I suggest you wait a bit longer for the price to drop more.
Ah thanks. I dont visit that costco even though i past by it several times a week LOL

Ill check it out when I have time.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
Not at Burlington nor Mississauga South
Nov 8, 2015
43 posts
41 upvotes
Kapasiwin, AB
$44.99 at West Edmonton Costco
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
Bishop8 wrote: This is much more comfortable than the Therm-A-Rest (the thin ones) but, of course, it's also larger and bulkier. You can't exactly tie this to the back of your backpack. Never tried the Klymit.
++
The lightspeed sleeping pads are waaay too big and heavy to backpack with...you really don't want to be lugging these around while hiking long distances. Good for a family camping trip with a car nearby though.

Also not really a hot deal since $46.99 is regular price. Haven't seen these in the Mississauga stores since June.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
The the 49 North ones are junk. The Lightspeed ones are way better. Double valves for faster inflate/deflate. Thicker pillow area. My 49 ones valves leak and the surface has detached from the foam, causing large balloon bumps. Straps tore,

Probably buy a second pair of they go on sale. This is regular price.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
duckdown wrote: Wonder how they compare to the Therm A Rest line, or Klymit
Therm a rest make high quality pads. They are also higher priced but they are worth it. But models goes from ultralight backpacking to camping. So a 2,5 cm pad is not the same as a 5 cm one... The main problem with pads are the valves. Not that hard to break one. A puncture can be repaired but I think therm a rest valves can be repaired, unlike others brand.

5 cm is quite confortable. After that it's mainly the width. A self-inflating pad inflate to soft. Give it a few breath and you can go up to firm. Remember, it takes time to fully self intlate (the colder the longer). It is also recommanded to store it fully open. Self inflating are made of synthetic foam and if they are stored compressed, the foam will gradually keep memory of it's compressed state so it won't fully expand.
Pourquoi pas?
May 24, 2007
715 posts
882 upvotes
Kelowna
Guncho wrote: Self inflating mats are not as comfortable as a big old air mattress.

Totally disagree. I'll take one of these 3" self inflating over any air mattress any day of the week. For one, air mattresses lose air as the temperature changes whereas these don't and with a regular air mattress if you have someone sleeping next to you good luck on getting comfortable, especially if you're a light sleeper.

These also have an R7 insulation value whereas I often have more blankets under me than on top with a regular air mattress since it's often damp and the ground is often cool camping so it wicks heat from you.

Even at home when we have company or on the road visiting family everyone in the house prefers these to an air mattress.

Also a hint to anyone who's buying these is to unroll them at home for a few days and leave them open before first using them so they expand a bit. Much more comfortable that way.

Also, when you roll them up, instead of trying to get every ounce of air out of it the first time my kids just open the nozzles, roll them up the best they can then close the nozzle, unfold them then after about half way rerolling open the nozzles again and continue. Sounds like more work but after rolling a few in a row the extra few seconds are worth it for your wrists.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hexxed wrote: Totally disagree. I'll take one of these 3" self inflating over any air mattress any day of the week. For one, air mattresses lose air as the temperature changes whereas these don't and with a regular air mattress if you have someone sleeping next to you good luck on getting comfortable, especially if you're a light sleeper.
+1... Slept on a double air mattress last year with my son and he kept rolling onto me the whole night because I was heavier and caused the mattress to sink towards me. Friend had one of these self-inflating mattresses and recommended them to me so I grabbed one for this year and slept way better.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
I wonder if we can bring these self inflating mattresses to airbnb to save on cleaning costs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)