Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
2748 posts
629 upvotes
Airdrie

[Costco] Costco Liquor Stores: Kirkland Silver Tequila $47.99 / 1.75l

Just stopped in at Cross Iron Costco & found a new product. In addition to their excellent Anejo tequila ($38.99/litre) they now offer Silver Tequila (100% Agave) at $48.99 for 1.75 litre bottle. That works out to under $21 per 750ml!!! Taking my first sip right now..... aaaand it's not bad at all. Certainly doesn't taste like the cheapest tequila in the country! I'll save the Anejo for sipping, but my margaritas just got a lot cheaper :twisted:
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
28 replies
Jun 15, 2011
37821 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I wish we had a Costco Liquor store here in Ontario. Rather a Costco which sells alcohol. I miss the one in Gatineau when driving from Ottawa during my undergrad days. *Sigh*
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jul 21, 2005
964 posts
82 upvotes
Can you put "AB" for Alberta in your title please?
Before I clicked into this thread I did a quick prayer that you were a poster from Ontario.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1169 posts
81 upvotes
Richmond
saw these in washington state and had to try some...I bought the Vodka and it was actually very nice
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
7184 posts
789 upvotes
none here either.

When we went to Alberta is was weird superstores sobeys and Costco liquor lol
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17604 posts
737 upvotes
Brampton
God I want to fscking kill the LCBO. What a plague on Ontario...
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Oct 2, 2007
436 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
Same thing for Qc... God I wish hard liquor wouldn't only be sold at SAQ/LCBO, we'd save so much on taxes and be able to actually buy something worthy. Try any liquor store in the states and you get 2-3++ times more liquor than we get here for the same price. Being a Costco member, it'd definitely be worth it! :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
2748 posts
629 upvotes
Airdrie
krazynuck wrote:
Jul 13th, 2012 12:51 am
saw these in washington state and had to try some...I bought the Vodka and it was actually very nice
Rumour has it the Kirkland vodka comes from the same distillery as Grey Goose.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
3810 posts
1076 upvotes
High River, AB
jdewit wrote:
Jul 13th, 2012 5:31 am
Rumour has it the Kirkland vodka comes from the same distillery as Grey Goose.
I read up on that. While unconfirmed, I believe it was confirmed that Costco sources it's production to the same company that makes GG. That's an encouraging sign.

GG is overpriced and overhyped, but if you can get something similar for much cheaper, it's hard to argue with it.

I wonder who produces this tequila...
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2003
1333 posts
113 upvotes
Does Kirkland make beer? If so, how much is it?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
4573 posts
243 upvotes
LCBO, please die a quick but very painful death...
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
4801 posts
517 upvotes
i actually dont mind the lcbo - it's a nice clean place to shop and really the prices are not that bad unless you're comparing to the states.

the sociopaths on this site always seem to forget we're not in the states. the lcbo is still cheaper than most countries in the world.

i know posting my thoughts here are fruitless though.

i do wish they were open 24/7 though and had better sales and prices. but i prefer them to most american liquor stores which are super ghetto.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8249 posts
2373 upvotes
Ottawa
cOmAtOaSt wrote:
Jul 13th, 2012 7:39 am
Does Kirkland make beer? If so, how much is it?
Not sure in Alberta but they do when I'm in Palm Beach. They have a 24 variety pack with 4 different handcrafted ales. It's very good.

They also have very good Kirkland Vintages for the wine lovers.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1681 posts
102 upvotes
ssainani wrote:
Jul 13th, 2012 1:03 pm
i actually dont mind the lcbo - it's a nice clean place to shop and really the prices are not that bad unless you're comparing to the states.

the sociopaths on this site always seem to forget we're not in the states. the lcbo is still cheaper than most countries in the world.

i know posting my thoughts here are fruitless though.

i do wish they were open 24/7 though and had better sales and prices. but i prefer them to most american liquor stores which are super ghetto.
Aside from the fact you can get higher quality product that you can't even find here at a cheaper price...
× < >