Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 6, 2007
4 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario

[Costco] Live edge coffee table $149.97 YMMV

Saw this at the kitchener location. Just noticed the .97 price and assumed it was a solid deal. Not sure of the regular price but I've seen live edge coffee tables go for much more. Apologies in advance for the poor quality of the photos.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 22nd, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
27 replies
Sep 15, 2015
551 posts
445 upvotes
Abbotsford
OK deal. Live edge stuff is floowing the market. Just check out home depot etc. They have live edge shelving, dining tables etc etc. All at reasonable prices.
I doubt you could go wrong at Costco though (lifetime returns)
Mar 30, 2007
296 posts
84 upvotes
This has been 99.97 before so if you are planning to buy it will go down more
Dec 8, 2013
144 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I saw the line of live edge stuff a few weeks ago. They had a bar table too.

Nothing special, may look nice, but to me the quality looked very poor/ cheaply built.

It's Costco, so no risk, but just an FYI.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4611 posts
460 upvotes
sellme2u wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 8:32 pm
This has been 99.97 before so if you are planning to buy it will go down more
This is actually the second gen, the first gen that went down to 99.97 did not have the 3 pegs in the middle dividing the table in two with about half an inch gap.

But yes, this will probably go down to 99.97 too. Both were regularly priced at 199.99.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1046 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bought this table at full price 199.99$.. Within 3 months, got 2 bigger cracks in the middle and on a side. Now these new tables have a split joint in the center. Last week I took it back to Costco and returned. I am hesitating to buy again however costco warranty gives me enough confidence to buy it again...at this price or 99$ nothing can go wrong. Buy now and keep an eye on it..if price goes further down ask for the adjustments...
Last edited by shampygarg on Feb 22nd, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 12, 2008
899 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been really intrigued with live edge for years and follow r/woodworking just to see live edge tables/counters, but didn't really want to spend a lot on a custom one. So i was excited to see these in Costco.... until i felt them. It just sort of felt cheap/plasticky to me, both the coffee table and the hightop bar.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
1483 posts
3363 upvotes
Posted this on my clearance thread on the 19th and there are more pieces just than this one table.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
11689 posts
2542 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Maybe these are cheap knock-offs, but I bought a similar design that cost me over $1K, and it's sturdy as hell. I could dance on top of it, and wouldn't do any damage. Beautiful edges too.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5719 posts
563 upvotes
You get what you paid for. But if you have a limited budget and want a live edge, you really don't have much choices and Costco one has great return policy (as many other furniture places offering live edge tables do not accept returns).
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1120 posts
122 upvotes
Have checked these out in the past and the main problem for me is that they've got this shiny lacquer finish that kind of ruins the whole 'natural' feel of live edge furniture. My two cents anyway...
Apr 27, 2008
979 posts
308 upvotes
Edmonton
malaujai wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 11:19 pm
Have checked these out in the past and the main problem for me is that they've got this shiny lacquer finish that kind of ruins the whole 'natural' feel of live edge furniture. My two cents anyway...
It's a balance. Depends whether you are looking for "fine" look-alike furniture or utility furniture and where you are putting it. I bought one of these side tables last year for our bonus/tv room where we often have drinks and snacks. With the finish, you don't have to worry about using a coaster when your cold drink sweats and leaves a ring of water on the table. For this purpose, a decent look, and the price, it fits the bill. However, in our formal living/sitting space with our actual high end furniture, it's coasters all the way. Heh.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6667 posts
2800 upvotes
ON
malaujai wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 11:19 pm
I would strip it and use Rubio's monocoat on it. The stuff is amazing for these type of projects and it doesn't make the finish look cheap or tacky , rather original and warm. I used it on my kitchen floor and it brought the wood to life with a very nice matte finish. Worth every penny.
Jun 1, 2016
634 posts
406 upvotes
What's the product number, anyone?

Edit: 2001021
Last edited by DeltaSingh on Mar 5th, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Having trouble setting up the Koodo $49 8gb plan yourself? DON'T PAY THE KIJIJI GUYS, I'll help you for FREE

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

CoffinM