Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco: Logitech MX5000 Cordless Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse $49.98

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2009 11:44 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 2, 2004
907 posts
60 upvotes
Markham

[Costco] Costco: Logitech MX5000 Cordless Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse $49.98

Look like a very old bluetooth combo from Logitech.

It this worth $49.98 ?

[IMG]http://images.tigerdirect.com/SkuImages ... 7066-b.jpg[/IMG]

More info from tigerdirect site but not available from them.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/ ... u=L23-7066
71 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
2610 posts
82 upvotes
GTA
Which costco location did you find this one? Was at the Hwy 7 & Weston yesterday but did not see this one. Went there specifically to buy a mouse and keyboard combo.
Stuff for sale/trade/wtb
Computer Stuff
My Heatware
Ebay
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
1065 posts
64 upvotes
Quebec
Very nice deal for those who can find one in their local costco.
Not everyone likes bluetooth but I say this would be cool for my laptop.
Best deals I got thanks to RFD:
Sony 60" SXRD RPTV with Stand 1749$ :arrowl: :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Heard some reported lag issues on certain BT keyboard, mouse. Any issue on this? BTW, this set is pretty old.
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
Good deal if you want a smaller form factor than the newer Logitech keyboards. For desktop/tray use, some of these literally do not fit, but this one is a smaller model that works great.

Still not as nice as the MX3100, as the BT can be problematic, but still a good buy at under $50.
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
golden wrote: Heard some reported lag issues on certain BT keyboard, mouse. Any issue on this? BTW, this set is pretty old.
This set does have issues, but apparently Logitech issued a firmware update that corrects some of it.

The new Logitech BT sets are far superior in terms of connectivity, but as I mentioned earlier, this set fits much better in a standard desktop + tray, rather than the PS3/living room design of the newer sets.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
2373 posts
57 upvotes
Anyone confirm this pricing?
Nov 13, 2003
164 posts
11 upvotes
I have the first version of this set , and it's very laggy : at least once a day the mouse freezes for 10 seconds, and the keyboard duplicates some letters ...
But the 2nd version (which should be this one) is supposed to work well .
great price by the way .
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2006
2190 posts
262 upvotes
Thornhill
I believe the mouse is a MX-1000, so if anyone is wondering that mouse is superb. Been using it for over 4 years now, and still works like a charm.
Mar 2, 2004
907 posts
60 upvotes
Markham
Nubee wrote: Which costco location did you find this one? Was at the Hwy 7 & Weston yesterday but did not see this one. Went there specifically to buy a mouse and keyboard combo.

Markham East location. (Markham Road south of 14th Ave.)
Apr 13, 2009
928 posts
464 upvotes
Mouse is MX-1000. One of the best ever. I have it for over 5 years and it still works great. This mouse was replaced recently with MX-1100 - slightly bigger, heavier & non-rechargable (2xAA bateries).
I'll get one set for my laptop. :razz:
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
But remember folks, this is NOT the MX1000 RF that's sold separately and was part of the famed MX3100 set, but the MX1000 BLUETOOTH, which is a different animal and not quite as responsive or consistent in terms of signal.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12253 posts
858 upvotes
The MX1000 Bluetooth mouse is my favorite mouse of all time. Dongleless, responsive, the right size for my hand, battery lasts a long time, despite the fact that mine is ooooold.

On the other hand, I've had nothing but problems with a couple of those keyboards....but I'd grab another just to have the maus.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
6millions wrote: Very nice deal for those who can find one in their local costco.
Not everyone likes bluetooth but I say this would be cool for my laptop.
Who wouldn't?

You get a BT dongle which alone at RETAIL is ~$30 (but <$5 from LEDShoppe), and a wicked layount + mouse.
golden wrote: Heard some reported lag issues on certain BT keyboard, mouse. Any issue on this? BTW, this set is pretty old.
Which is a great reason to buy this from Costco. If there's any issues take it back, and let Costco send it to Logitech to refund for defectivity.
Vinman wrote: This set does have issues, but apparently Logitech issued a firmware update that corrects some of it.

The new Logitech BT sets are far superior in terms of connectivity, but as I mentioned earlier, this set fits much better in a standard desktop + tray, rather than the PS3/living room design of the newer sets.
I have the 5500 and it is blazing! BT even connects in DOS! wicked!!!
MegaCreation wrote: How does this set compare to the MX5500?
It doesn't. :lol:

What mouse do I have with the 5500??

I'm actually contemplating getting this as a back-up. This price is AMAZING!!!IF there's no poor bt performance.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
4145 posts
206 upvotes
Etobicoke
My mouse is a couple of years old (quite a bit of gaming) and still works. The keyboard died - lost power connection somewhere - after about 1.5 years.
Ebay (701-0-0) - zhenya01
Heatware (28-0-0) - ViperZ
CanuckAudioMart (80-0-0) - zhenya01
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2245 posts
669 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
MX5000 includes an MX1000 mouse
MX5500 includes MX Revolution mouse
Jan 24, 2009
100 posts
18 upvotes
Ont
jwei wrote: Anyone confirm this pricing?
Thanks OP! Went to pick up a set at the Ajax/Hardwood location.

Price: 49.98
Eco fee: 0.64

Subtotal: 50.62

Total: 57.20

FYI: There were 4 left at 5 p.m.
Dec 8, 2008
189 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
Nubee wrote: Which costco location did you find this one? Was at the Hwy 7 & Weston yesterday but did not see this one. Went there specifically to buy a mouse and keyboard combo.

HWY7/WOODBINE doesn't have it either, the only thing they have is Microsoft Combo 700
mIaO~