• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2019 5:05 pm
[OP]
Jan 4, 2014
132 posts
73 upvotes
Paris

[Costco] Lorex 4K NVR Security System 8 Channel 6 4K Cameras $300 off

I'm no longer in the the market for a security camera system, but the was shared to me...
https://www.costco.ca/Lorex-4K-NVR-Secu ... 93594.html

Item 1257311
Model LNR826KX
Online Price1,099.99$
Less300.00$-
Your Price799.99$
$300 OFF

Price Reduction from 09/16/19 to 09/22/19.

Shipping & Handling Included
52 replies
May 7, 2010
679 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
I'm researching systems for a buddy. What system did you end up going with?
Oct 9, 2013
202 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Is it a good deal??? Any feedback ??
Feb 10, 2019
9 posts
2 upvotes
What price point can I expect for installation in vancouver?
Jul 21, 2016
495 posts
760 upvotes
Leask
VanSaver12 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 5:47 pm
What price point can I expect for installation in vancouver?
It's pretty much impossible to tell you the value of an installation because every house are different. But if you have a power drill, sillicone (to fill drilled holes) and basic knowledge you can probably install it yourself for cheap.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2014
132 posts
73 upvotes
Paris
MuaySteve wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 4:51 pm
I'm researching systems for a buddy. What system did you end up going with?
It all depends on the price range. It's to protect your friend's most valuable asset - house. So I don't understand why some people go cheap eg. Wyze etc. Systems are changing and improving. 1080p, 4K, Wireless. Cloud... All with advantages and disadvantages over the traditional - BNC, hard drive, wired, POE, HD...
I'm testing one cam right now, but it's for a small project.
Sent you a PM
Mar 8, 2008
188 posts
97 upvotes
Edmonton
How is this kit in comparison to Hikvision POE camera kits?
Aug 8, 2011
12 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Important note : Camera Resolution: 8MP* (4K - 3840×2160)@15fps live view
Aug 24, 2011
524 posts
173 upvotes
IslandTourGuide wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 5:51 pm
It all depends on the price range. It's to protect your friend's most valuable asset - house. So I don't understand why some people go cheap eg. Wyze etc. Systems are changing and improving. 1080p, 4K, Wireless. Cloud... All with advantages and disadvantages over the traditional - BNC, hard drive, wired, POE, HD...
I'm testing one cam right now, but it's for a small project.
Sent you a PM
would you mind sending me that Pm as well, a friend is asking about one but he plans to ship it to a tropical country so he basically wants something that is reliable but would not break the bank, i know both of those statements together do not normally go hand in hand and that if you want reliability that you have to be prepared to spend for it but just want to check with everyone here that know about these things more than i do.
Jan 28, 2014
554 posts
180 upvotes
Please send me a PM as well.

I've recently been looking at cameras and thought the Blink XT2 would be a good option (no subscription needed).
Realized changing batteries would be a pain in the ass.

I was also looking at the ring floodlight cams as I have a light I can replace in each place I would put the cameras but don't want the subscription.

Anyone have any experience with a camera that can connect to a light fixture outlet with 120v that does not need a subscription for recording?
Dec 30, 2012
378 posts
437 upvotes
SURREY
Never deal with Lorex. Worst customer service ever they don’t give two shits about your problem. Never follow up even when they promise they would.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2014
132 posts
73 upvotes
Paris
STIGUY wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 7:47 pm
Please send me a PM as well.

I've recently been looking at cameras and thought the Blink XT2 would be a good option (no subscription needed).
Realized changing batteries would be a pain in the ass.

I was also looking at the ring floodlight cams as I have a light I can replace in each place I would put the cameras but don't want the subscription.

Anyone have any experience with a camera that can connect to a light fixture outlet with 120v that does not need a subscription for recording?
PM sent.
I looked at the Blink XT2, but after reading pass their maketing claims ...
Changing batteries will be a pain in the rear since they may be mounted out of easily reach. Plus, their math does not add up and when companies try to claim fluff I get annoyed.
In six months technology will change to better options and lower prices.
Best bet is a POE system with a mix of Cloud and local storage with real time alerts.
Mar 21, 2005
317 posts
124 upvotes
GTA
Leggo84 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 8:01 pm
Never deal with Lorex. Worst customer service ever they don’t give two shits about your problem. Never follow up even when they promise they would.
I was thinking of buying from Lorex directly. This kind of scare me away.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2014
132 posts
73 upvotes
Paris
defektion wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 5:56 pm
How is this kit in comparison to Hikvision POE camera kits?
Hikvision is one of the best and better options than the Lorex expecially if it's POE.