Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Louisiana Grills LG900 - Pellet Smoker ["SMOKING" HOT] - $599.97

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2019 3:27 pm
Aug 24, 2016
10 posts
What is youe deal and the name of the pellet for 120lbs? Can't find it on the facebook page
[OP]
May 6, 2017
7 posts
34 upvotes
hasten007 wrote: What is youe deal and the name of the pellet for 120lbs? Can't find it on the facebook page
and if you're not on Facebook like me? ;(
Apr 3, 2007
114 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Vacek1 wrote: and if you're not on Facebook like me? ;(
Like most of the thinking folks who won't sell their souls, you mean? :)
a Traeger-er who'd also want to get cheaper pellets.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2738 posts
1211 upvotes
West Coast
I could only find "Canadian Pellet Grill Owners", is that the one? Still waiting on approval so can't confirm..
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1069 posts
309 upvotes
Anyone know Costco’s price adjustment policy in Canada? I bought one of these a couple months ago, would like the refund.

As an aside, my goodness I love this grill. The cook is so superior to gas. I did a whole stuffed turkey in it at Easter, it was amazing. I’ll never go back to gas.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7648 posts
2253 upvotes
Fate wrote: Anyone know Costco’s price adjustment policy in Canada? I bought one of these a couple months ago, would like the refund.

As an aside, my goodness I love this grill. The cook is so superior to gas. I did a whole stuffed turkey in it at Easter, it was amazing. I’ll never go back to gas.
We bbq a min 4 days a week year round, up to 7 days in the summer.

Can a pellet grill actually replace gas for the day to day stuff, like sausages, chicken breasts, pork chops, etc?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1069 posts
309 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: We bbq a min 4 days a week year round, up to 7 days in the summer.

Can a pellet grill actually replace gas for the day to day stuff, like sausages, chicken breasts, pork chops, etc?
Absolutely. It simply takes a few extra minutes to get up to temperature. This one has a strong fan to circulate the air, so it’s basically a convection oven. Excellent temp control and uniformity, love the added hint of smoke flavour. We use it all the time for burgers and chicken breast etc.
Jun 29, 2009
77 posts
15 upvotes
Winnipeg
Any in Winnipeg, I think I will switch from propane?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1728 posts
809 upvotes
Hamilton
Fate wrote: Anyone know Costco’s price adjustment policy in Canada? I bought one of these a couple months ago, would like the refund.

Would need to be a return and re buy. Has to be in stock at your warehouse.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7648 posts
2253 upvotes
Fate wrote: Absolutely. It simply takes a few extra minutes to get up to temperature. This one has a strong fan to circulate the air, so it’s basically a convection oven. Excellent temp control and uniformity, love the added hint of smoke flavour. We use it all the time for burgers and chicken breast etc.
Thanks, that's good to hear but is the start up also wife friendly? I know I should not ask that, but it's reality.... If she can't just walk out and start it and go back inside until it is ready to cook, it's a no go.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1069 posts
309 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Thanks, that's good to hear but is the start up also wife friendly? I know I should not ask that, but it's reality.... If she can't just walk out and start it and go back inside until it is ready to cook, it's a no go.
It’s literally a switch. Turn it on, walk away. Well, after you check the hopper to ensure you have enough pellets and you’re happy with the set temperature (which is simply adjusted using up and down buttons). It really is that easy.
Jan 31, 2018
507 posts
951 upvotes
Winnipeg
Fate wrote: It’s literally a switch. Turn it on, walk away. Well, after you check the hopper to ensure you have enough pellets and you’re happy with the set temperature (which is simply adjusted using up and down buttons). It really is that easy.
Hmmmm, if you grill several times a week, it is definitely higher maintenance and more effort than a gas grill. Needing to clean out dust, harder to clean etc.

The ideal pairing for me is a big pellet grill, paired with a small gas grill. Use the gas for day to day just for the family, and use the pellets on the weekend for longer smokes and entertaining.
Jan 17, 2016
70 posts
39 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Gutty96 wrote: We bbq a min 4 days a week year round, up to 7 days in the summer.

I had a huge 4-burner SS gas grill, now I have 2 pellet grills (Traeger and RecTec), and used them both yesterday for 7 hours. My wife has no issue cooking on them, whether it's chicken, sausage, burgers, anything. I don't use it for anything high temp, as I have other grills that are better for that (charcoal based)
Jul 5, 2004
24344 posts
3809 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Thanks, that's good to hear but is the start up also wife friendly? I know I should not ask that, but it's reality.... If she can't just walk out and start it and go back inside until it is ready to cook, it's a no go.
Pellet grills are great for indirect heat. If you want to cook directly over a flame, they aren't the best tool for the job.

I use my pellet grill for pretty much everything except burgers and sausages. I use my Kamado grill for those (and other things, when I feel like it) but for everything else, a pellet grill cooks better than a gas grill