[Costco] Luminar LED drawer lights (4 pack) $9.97 from $19.99 [AB]

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2019 3:10 am
[OP]
Oct 10, 2018
7 posts
20 upvotes

[Costco] Luminar LED drawer lights (4 pack) $9.97 from $19.99 [AB]

Found a bunch at Costco Edmonton 149 ST.
Images
  • 448CF2BC-5CAE-404D-A86B-14CE9B7C0D03.jpeg
14 replies
Apr 9, 2018
19 posts
17 upvotes
I was going to buy a bunch for my new kitchen. Anyone have any feedback on how well these work?
Jun 6, 2011
42 posts
68 upvotes
Hamilton
They’ve been working well for me so far, particularly for cabinets/cupboards I’ve had them in where they typically had low-light coverage. Depending on the needed coverage area, you may need more than one to light things up, but I found for a typically-sized cupboard (whatever that means), it lit the interior enough for me to get a cup out without breaking everything else in pitch-dark. I’ve also used this for some drawers in my walk-in closet and entertainment stand storage with success. I wouldn’t buy them for full price, but with the discount it was definitely worth the applications I needed them for (grammar).
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2367 posts
1637 upvotes
Toronto
MikeW66276 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 8:40 pm
I was going to buy a bunch for my new kitchen. Anyone have any feedback on how well these work?
i bought two packs. work really well in small, dim areas. make sure you get the sensor real close to the door or drawer when you are sticking it on
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5622 posts
1442 upvotes
Montreal
Has anyone seen these in the Montreal area? I kept hoping for a price drop and instead they disappeared from stores about 2-3 months ago :(
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2496 posts
714 upvotes
Da boot
These seems perfect low light for late night bathroom breaks, might not even jar you awake.
Aug 15, 2013
762 posts
386 upvotes
Guelph
photo says it last 3months on charge, so it uses usb to charge? can it have battery backup for longer life?
Insurance and Investment Advisor
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
3 posts
2 upvotes
had been looking for a small light for dark cabinets, hope this will fits well.
Feb 26, 2017
125 posts
57 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 10:48 pm
i bought two packs. work really well in small, dim areas. make sure you get the sensor real close to the door or drawer when you are sticking it on
How sensitive is the sensor? Would it detect you walking by in hallway or washroom?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2367 posts
1637 upvotes
Toronto
ph00p wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 11:45 pm
These seems perfect low light for late night bathroom breaks, might not even jar you awake.
Figman2 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:16 am
How sensitive is the sensor? Would it detect you walking by in hallway or washroom?
the sensors dont work that way. they are proximity sensors in that they turn off if something is up close to it (like a cabinet door) and turn on when there is nothing in front of it.
Mar 4, 2018
81 posts
117 upvotes
dundeal wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 11:47 pm
photo says it last 3months on charge, so it uses usb to charge? can it have battery backup for longer life?
The lights come with small USB cables to charge.
When the light is mounted, a steel plate is stuck onto whatever surface you're applying it to (3M adhesive? I forgot).
The light is then attached to this plate via magnets. (I've had no problems with this)
The magnets mean that it is very easy to detach for a charge.
A full charge lasting 3 months is about right and charging the actual light up with a wall charger (like your phone charger) is a breeze.
Hard to say how fast the battery will degrade and lose it's ability to hold a charge but so far so good! Also, at $2.50 each, you can't expect it to last 10 years.

The lights also have a feature where they will turn off automatically after 1 minute, to save power.
To turn it back on, you simply have to wave your hand in front of the proximity sensor.
If, at the odd time, you need the little light on for an extended period of time, you can turn the light switch to "ON" rather than "Automatic".

Hope this helps.
Frugal Fries - but en français
Dec 9, 2003
273 posts
87 upvotes
I bought these for a closet and they work fairly well. They mount using double sided tape for the magnetic portion to which the light just attaches to so its easy to take off and charge.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1190 posts
144 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks for posting OP.
which location is this? I was at South Edm. location ytd and did not see it. Great price!

Edit: nvm, i am sorry, i need to learn how to read first.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11320 posts
1217 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Someone try one in the freezer :D . I just got another fridge that doesn't have a light there.