Hot Deals

[Costco] MacroLife Macro Greens Superfood 90 servings $46+tax with free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2018 10:50 pm
Aug 8, 2010
110 posts
40 upvotes
Quebec
FYI, this contain licorice root which is pretty bad for high blood pressure.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1225 posts
336 upvotes
Markham
asif9t9 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 6:48 pm
Is this for mixing in smoothies or something? How many servings in it?
The information is right there in the OP...
Oct 18, 2016
243 posts
264 upvotes
I'm used to buying the progressive vegegreens. I find the powder is pretty fine which is easy to clean. I wouldn't mind trying this if I didn't already just opened a new jar.
Dec 30, 2015
41 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
I have a green smoothie every day for breakfast with supplements that aid in digestion. When my diet causes inflammation to my intestines it inevitably leads to an autoimmune reaction. All of my major organs have been attacked. This doesn't make me an expert. It means not paying attention has consequences.

There is a wealth of gut-health research being made accessible during the past few years. See Rhonda Patrick video series https://www.foundmyfitness.com/about-dr-rhonda-patrick. She has a smoothie recipe and she interviews research leaders directly and tries to make sense of the research in practical terms. Fortunately it hasn't all been completely monetized and the best digestive practices cost nothing. Also, it's not a bunch of bloggers and "journalists" creating click-bait. Unfortunately this means the information is dense and requires time to understand.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/ ... you-absorb
https://optimisingnutrition.com/2016/07 ... arb-gregg/

Dec 29, 2001
763 posts
89 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
In for one see if it smells and taste as bad as I remember...
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3819 posts
389 upvotes
Not as much bad information or flaming you see of other natural supplements on the greens side. Which I guess is good.

What I don’t understand is why people focus on taste of health products. The first time you tried beer you did not say yum yum. You got use to it and eventually liked it. Pretty sure no one ever said smoking was yummy. Nor broccoli. But people still focus on taste of protein powder and greens reds etc.

Mix it mask it enjoy the benefits.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
May 29, 2009
17 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
hyperactiveme wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 6:11 pm
You can't eat your daily requirement + convenient + 3.4 trillion global wellness industry = I'm better than you cause I take greens Winking Face
lol....Still I am waiting for a "Magic Pill" to come in market which covers all...Green + Protein + ++ :)
Jul 5, 2004
22440 posts
2282 upvotes
What are the carb levels in this stuff? Anyone know?
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1438 posts
101 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Shaner wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:20 am
What are the carb levels in this stuff? Anyone know?
OP's link has nutrition info. 6g carbs (5g net) per serving .

I'm wondering if there's anything in here that could trigger an insulin response; trying to stay in ketosis.
Jul 5, 2004
22440 posts
2282 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:36 am
OP's link has nutrition info. 6g carbs (5g net) per serving .

I'm wondering if there's anything in here that could trigger an insulin response; trying to stay in ketosis.
If it's only 5g net carbs then I wouldn't worry about falling out of ketosis.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1438 posts
101 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Shaner wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:34 am
If it's only 5g net carbs then I wouldn't worry about falling out of ketosis.
If carbs are the only thing concerning staying in ketosis, then 5g should be fine provided you're tracking macros. But it's that whole wack of other stuff in the nutrition label that has me double thinking what effects this might have.
Jan 13, 2016
49 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary, AB
How sweet are these? Just had to return the ones that there were on sale at costco last 2 weeks coz they're wayy to sweet.
Sep 2, 2017
111 posts
57 upvotes
riltestuser wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 8:00 am
lol....Still I am waiting for a "Magic Pill" to come in market which covers all...Green + Protein + ++ :)
Isn't that what Soylent is, except in a powder form, well you can put it in pill capsules yourself and have about 100 a day. Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 25, 2016
67 posts
17 upvotes
Anyone know if this is available in store, or online only ?