Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] MacroLife Macro Greens Superfood 90 servings $46+tax with free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 4:58 pm
[OP]
Dec 11, 2007
192 posts
41 upvotes
Guccimang wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 7:23 pm
Anyone know if this is available in store, or online only ?
Not sure. Not all Costco's carry this so your best bet may be to buy it online.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4651 posts
856 upvotes
rockyrye wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 7:30 pm
I have a green smoothie every day for breakfast with supplements that aid in digestion. When my diet causes inflammation to my intestines it inevitably leads to an autoimmune reaction. All of my major organs have been attacked. This doesn't make me an expert. It means not paying attention has consequences.

There is a wealth of gut-health research being made accessible during the past few years. See Rhonda Patrick video series https://www.foundmyfitness.com/about-dr-rhonda-patrick. She has a smoothie recipe and she interviews research leaders directly and tries to make sense of the research in practical terms. Fortunately it hasn't all been completely monetized and the best digestive practices cost nothing. Also, it's not a bunch of bloggers and "journalists" creating click-bait. Unfortunately this means the information is dense and requires time to understand.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/ ... you-absorb
https://optimisingnutrition.com/2016/07 ... arb-gregg/

Good post.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Temp. Banned
Jan 25, 2018
216 posts
134 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:36 am
OP's link has nutrition info. 6g carbs (5g net) per serving .

I'm wondering if there's anything in here that could trigger an insulin response; trying to stay in ketosis.

... not sure if you know but that 5g isn’t going to cause anything. Depending on the person you should be between approx 20-80 grams of carbs a day, most say 40 or under. So implement this and steal away 5 grams that you’ve been eating elsewhere.

I’m hugely considering this to round out my keto diet with most vitamins and minerals.

My carbs come from 2-3 Kirkland protein bars, a avacado or two depending on size and the real peanut butter and salted almost together as little snacks later in the day when I seem to be more hungry.
Nov 4, 2009
176 posts
72 upvotes
Calgary
Did anyone get this? My order got cancelled this morning.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2171 posts
1662 upvotes
Toronto
chaosthebomb wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 10:58 am
Did anyone get this? My order got cancelled this morning.
Yes, ordered a couple of weeks ago and arrived last week
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1458 posts
109 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
GodsDeal wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 10:50 pm
... not sure if you know but that 5g isn’t going to cause anything. Depending on the person you should be between approx 20-80 grams of carbs a day, most say 40 or under. So implement this and steal away 5 grams that you’ve been eating elsewhere.

I’m hugely considering this to round out my keto diet with most vitamins and minerals.

My carbs come from 2-3 Kirkland protein bars, a avacado or two depending on size and the real peanut butter and salted almost together as little snacks later in the day when I seem to be more hungry.
I was asking more about anything that isn't obvious outside of the carb count that might be of concern RE: insulin. Carb wise, if it fits your macros it's fine, common knowledge. Now, everyone is different but 20g carbs is the standard guideline that will work for most everyone on keto. But I would never suggest anyone go 80g carbs unless they have been actively testing blood ketones and glucose. Now if you're doing TKD/CKD, that's a different story.

But hey, if it works for you then good.
Temp. Banned
Jan 25, 2018
216 posts
134 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 8:57 pm
I was asking more about anything that isn't obvious outside of the carb count that might be of concern RE: insulin. Carb wise, if it fits your macros it's fine, common knowledge. Now, everyone is different but 20g carbs is the standard guideline that will work for most everyone on keto. But I would never suggest anyone go 80g carbs unless they have been actively testing blood ketones and glucose. Now if you're doing TKD/CKD, that's a different story.

But hey, if it works for you then good.
no offense but based on your first responses, what youd never do would likely be the correct choice lol. given that you were worried about the macro green. Also you seem to have misread as I never recommended anything. If i were to recommend, id tell the average person who does little exercise to eat 20-40 based on gender and anticipated eating habits. Thats if I recommended, which i did not.

total carbs doesnt matter as long as you are eating the proper high fat and moderate protein to go with it. 8-12% carbs. That can mean a a drastically different number based on how much you eat total. Also most men are eating closer to 40 G carbs, 20 is closer to the guideline for woman based on their lower alotted food. Studies have been done to prove this so I dont know what youre trying to even say here, just take the L and move on bra.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1458 posts
109 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
GodsDeal wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2018 1:28 am
take the L and move on bra
Don't take this personally.

Again, 20g net carbs is a # that works for everyone. The higher end you suggest of 80g is very high and shouldn't be done unless you have a good handle on your insulin response to that # of carbs (blood testing)
Temp. Banned
Jan 25, 2018
216 posts
134 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2018 10:46 am
Don't take this personally.

Again, 20g net carbs is a # that works for everyone. The higher end you suggest of 80g is very high and shouldn't be done unless you have a good handle on your insulin response to that # of carbs (blood testing)

Again, you said suggest, I never suggested anything, it’s basic fact 40 works for pretty much any guy. Hence 20-40 you will read just about anywhere.

The fact that you are so simplified in your number of carbs and don’t attribute that number to a gender, work load, total expected calorie intake etc. Hence you seem clueless.

Again, I never suggested anyone to do anything, I have the range that people work with for carb intake, depending on their lifestyles. Did not suggest anyone to do anything without knowing anything about them. Alternatively you are essentially saying what to do and not do as an absolute without knowing much about keto or about the hypothetical person.

You seem to be grasping at straws because you thought macro greens were going to muck up your keto.

As I said, take the L and move on.