• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 5:26 pm
Oct 17, 2010
904 posts
271 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
mtlmonk wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:41 am
Also have a set for our Kia and it didn't hold up as nicely as the maxspider.

Since the top is not plastic but rather fabric, driver side has holes where the right foot heel rest.
How long you been using them? Mine has some rubber where your heel rests.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2218 posts
44 upvotes
In my experience - WeatherTech's tend to warp over time. The first couple years, they're great. Then, they start sliding around and I've had them come loose while driving (I.e. super dangerous).
Bought some 3D maxspiders recently (to test them out) and have been pleased so far. Like others have said, they are of a different material (fabric-y) and do get dirty fast.
I haven't had a chance to wash them yet but they do look great (aside for the ridiculously large "3D" logo).

~$100 cheaper than WeatherTechs, great price point.
Dec 31, 2005
183 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
A set of fronts for Subaru '15+ WRX/STI/Crosstrek/impreza are on sale at amazon.ca for only $75.90 right now. Double check vehicle fitment with Maxpider in case description is inaccurate.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2023 posts
732 upvotes
Barrie
If I didn't already have them in all my vehicles I would order these STAT! Have had 4 sets of them, they are great and if for some reason there is a defective, the company just asks for pictures to be emailed to them and then they send you a free replacement. Top notch company!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4756 posts
1318 upvotes
ON
dontgiveajack wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:49 am
My car isnt even listed. 2012 Veloster
Hyundai sold one of those ??

The website requires your membership info to order even though Costco doesn't ?? Any way to circumvent this ?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1055 posts
356 upvotes
Laval
KingPhoenix wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:49 am
How long you been using them? Mine has some rubber where your heel rests.
ya it's true...part of it was my bad...

The rubber came off (was glued together) but even when it was there...it was slightly positioned too high so the heel would rub on the fabric anyway
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1800 posts
278 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
How are they as far as sides and hokding water in ?
I like weathertech because you have high sides and you dont get any salt creep under sides of mat ?
Dec 15, 2010
16 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary
I purchased a set of these on Sunday and they should be arriving today - to answer some questions from earlier in the thread, U-Guard answered these for me:

@brownstein
@dilligafeh
@dontgiveajack
@mingyang

- You can enter total jibberish on the external (U-Guard) website, you don't need to enter real personal info
- If your vehicle doesn't show up, it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't carry liners for that model but it certainly means that they are out of stock for that model (had this issue for the 2017 Mazda CX-5)
- Costco customer service can't confirm the model ordered once the U-Guard site bounces you back to Costco.ca can you can add to cart
- Once your order ships, the model you ordered is included in the shipping information and you can cross-check it with the U-Guard website

Edit: Costco is price matching the $40 discount via the phone support for me.
Last edited by ryan144 on Nov 9th, 2017 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1055 posts
356 upvotes
Laval
toyopl wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:18 am
How are they as far as sides and hokding water in ?
I like weathertech because you have high sides and you dont get any salt creep under sides of mat ?
Yep they are
Aug 9, 2007
806 posts
213 upvotes
sw1ft wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:54 am
In my experience - WeatherTech's tend to warp over time. The first couple years, they're great. Then, they start sliding around and I've had them come loose while driving (I.e. super dangerous).
Bought some 3D maxspiders recently (to test them out) and have been pleased so far. Like others have said, they are of a different material (fabric-y) and do get dirty fast.
I haven't had a chance to wash them yet but they do look great (aside for the ridiculously large "3D" logo).

~$100 cheaper than WeatherTechs, great price point.
I bought a weathertech mat for the back (cargo area) of my SUV. 4 years of large-dog abuse, and it's still going strong. It fits so tight, it wouldn't be able to slip around, so it might be a different scenario from the front.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3861 posts
649 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the max spider and they are really good ; they have a carbon fibre weave look to them with a very good non slip backing; I spray them when they get muddy.
Sep 24, 2017
21 posts
6 upvotes
I just ordered for Nissan Pathfinder ... Was looking for since a long time, was more inclined toward wether tech, will update with my review once I have them .

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)