Page 1 of 2

Costco Member - $70 off 4 Bridgestone Tires Plus A Complimentary Free Auto Safety Kit

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 12:50 pm
by AAA
Receive this in the mail,

$70 Off a set of 4 Bridgestone tires valid from August 29 to October 2, 2011
*$17.5 off per tire. Offer valid at all Costco warehouses in Canada and online at Costco.ca. This offer cannot be combined with any other BRIDGESTONE promotion or purchase program

Opposite side,
Receive a complimentary auto safety kit with the purchase of four BRIDGESTONE tires
*Between August 29 and September 11, 2011, Costco members can receive a complimentary Auto Safety Kit with the purchase of 4 Bridgestone Times. Limited quantities available, at Tire Centre locations only.

So sorry guys, my bad, both offers start on August 29, not August 19.

Re: Costco Member - $70 off 4 Bridgestone Tires Plus A Complimentary Free Auto Safety Kit

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 12:59 pm
by UTSC
I went to Costco today before seeing your post and the Tire shop guy told me that there are no promotions and wanted me to check back after two weeks.

I need to replace my 235/65/17 tires and each Michelin tires cost $249 + installation + tax :cry:

I think in June Michelin was giving a $70 off 4 tires rebate

Re: Costco Member - $70 off 4 Bridgestone Tires Plus A Complimentary Free Auto Safety Kit

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 1:12 pm
by NirvanaFC
Do they have winter tires now? This is my first time buying tires. Will there be sales on winter tires near the winter?

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 1:34 pm
by funinagg
if you can, shopping across the border saves you much more.

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 1:43 pm
by BlackRanger3d
funinagg wrote: if you can, shopping across the border saves you much more.

true but more hassel.

I use these guys for winter tires and rims - http://www.simplytire.com/

They're are on the board and have been reviewed alot.

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 2:17 pm
by pswart
Read this thread about ordering tires from JCWhitney. Shipping is reasonable and prices are terrific. No duty at the door.

Highly recommended!

Tirerack prices look great until they tack the ridiculous shipping on. 1010tires I found to be expensive.

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 2:27 pm
by nade85
So the safety kit comes in handy when your car flips over from the bridgestone tires

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 2:58 pm
by navdeepnippy
AAA wrote: Receive this in the mail,

$70 Off a set of 4 Bridgestone tires valid from August 19 to October 2, 2011
*$17.5 off per tire. Offer valid at all Costco warehouses in Canada and online at Costco.ca. This offer cannot be combined with any other BRIDGESTONE promotion or purchase program

Opposite side,
Receive a complimentary auto safety kit with the purchase of four BRIDGESTONE tires
*Between August 29 and September 11, 2011, Costco members can receive a complimentary Auto Safety Kit with the purchase of 4 Bridgestone Times. Limited quantities available, at Tire Centre locations only.

Hi there,

Can you confirm that the $70 off starts on Aug 19th and not Aug 29th?

I purchased my tires last month and they would fall in the 30 day price protection if this offer starts from Aug 19th.

Thanks.

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 5:36 pm
by freewheel
funinagg wrote: if you can, shopping across the border saves you much more.

Not always. It is very brand and size specific.

Example Michelin - LTX A/T2 size P235/65R17

J.C. whitney 192.99
Costco Canada 205.99.

By the time you pay for shipping it's not worth it.
not to mention costco's rotation and balancing benefit, plus warranty.

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 6:06 pm
by freewheel
navdeepnippy wrote: Hi there,

Can you confirm that the $70 off starts on Aug 19th and not Aug 29th?

I purchased my tires last month and they would fall in the 30 day price protection if this offer starts from Aug 19th.

Thanks.

August 29th on the flyer I got.

Posted: Aug 19th, 2011 8:58 pm
by nobb
Nice, thanks OP. This deal must start on the 29th because I called today and they were unaware of any deals.

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2011 12:56 am
by AAA
I was in a hurry when I posted and I'm so sorry that I got the date wrong. Both offers valid from August 29.

Posted: Aug 30th, 2011 10:42 pm
by nobb
Ok so I went to Costco today to special order some LM-60s. Didnt think I'd care much for the roadside kit...was only interested in the $70 off...but after seeing the kit...WOW! THIS THING IS AWESOME! It literally has everything you need for a winter roadside emergency and more. Im probably going to take most of the items out, except for if I were to take out of city trips or something.

Air compressor, tow strap, shovel, booster cable, heat packs + poncho + gloves + blanket, basic first aid stuff, flashlight, tools, etc... There's even a complimentary 1 year roadside assistance.

Posted: Aug 30th, 2011 11:38 pm
by Awjvail
nobb wrote: Ok so I went to Costco today to special order some LM-60s. Didnt think I'd care much for the roadside kit...was only interested in the $70 off...but after seeing the kit...WOW! THIS THING IS AWESOME! It literally has everything you need for a winter roadside emergency and more. Im probably going to take most of the items out, except for if I were to take out of city trips or something.

Air compressor, tow strap, shovel, booster cable, heat packs + poncho + gloves + blanket, basic first aid stuff, flashlight, tools, etc... There's even a complimentary 1 year roadside assistance.

Fancy!

Anyone know if Costco is carrying winter tires yet?

Posted: Aug 30th, 2011 11:38 pm
by tomtomtom
nobb wrote: Ok so I went to Costco today to special order some LM-60s. Didnt think I'd care much for the roadside kit...was only interested in the $70 off...but after seeing the kit...WOW! THIS THING IS AWESOME! It literally has everything you need for a winter roadside emergency and more. Im probably going to take most of the items out, except for if I were to take out of city trips or something.

Is it this one my friend?
http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.asp ... 5*&topnav=
[IMG]http://content.costco.ca/Images/Content ... 213cLL.jpg[/IMG]

Posted: Aug 30th, 2011 11:42 pm
by nobb
Nope, can't find it on their website. It's a Treksafe kit. This is the only pic I could find of it:

http://tinyurl.com/3zo89g5

Posted: Aug 30th, 2011 11:47 pm
by jumpingThrill
when costco will start to sell Michelin snow tires? I need to grab 4 tires for my new car....

Posted: Aug 31st, 2011 12:19 am
by jory29
This deal is also available on Costco.ca tires that may not be in stock at your local Costco - you can order them, (price will NOT show the $70 discount until you proceed to checkout!) and when they are in at your local Costco after ordering them, they will let you know via email, then you can go to your local Costco (first come first served for tire appts.) and have them put on.

My question to you guys - GMC Sierra 1500 half ton truck - with heavy suspension pack on it - I asked in-store if the cheapest Bridgestones that we can order from Costco.ca will work for our truck, and they said yes... (595 for 4, includes install and GST and tire disposal. (Alberta - No HST.) This price includes $70 rebate and I assume you get the free safety kit.)

These were the tires ordered:
LT245/75R16 DUELER H/T 684 II

But then I looked up reviews on epinion, and other websites, and oh man, they were terrible! So I canceled the order. The main complaint was with wear and tear, as well, the #1 complaint seemed to be problems with hydroplaning.

We drive this truck 3 min. to work, (and back, and back and forth for lunch), so 12 min. a day max. for that. Then, maybe 2 or 3 times a week perhaps 12 km running errands, and sometimes a little more going to the golf course in the summer. VERY low mileage in Northern Alberta where the snow is deep, cold, and plentiful...

So... what would you do - spring another $200 for a better quality tire, or hope these work out o.k. and last a long time?

Thanks!

Also - the ones in stock were said to be 10 ply or something like that, and they mentioned the ride would be kind of rough, as it's meant for rougher terrain...

Thanks very much for any input!

Posted: Aug 31st, 2011 1:27 am
by BlazinTrini
They even have $70 off 4 Pirelli tires as well just no safety kit

Posted: Aug 31st, 2011 1:31 pm
by jory29
BlazinTrini wrote: They even have $70 off 4 Pirelli tires as well just no safety kit

I thought Pirelli $70 promo doesn't start until later, in a few weeks...