Costco membership expiration

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2010 10:33 pm
Tags:
Jun 6, 2009
365 posts
39 upvotes

Costco membership expiration

I am using a friend's business membership for costco because I look like him. I have never had any problem with using his card. However, I don't know when the membership expires and he doesn't know either.

How can i check?
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6046 posts
34 upvotes
Try online (logging in). You may have to setup an account and p/w.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18494 posts
926 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2009 10:56 pm
Why not just call them and ask.
Maybe he doesn't sound like his friend!
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Jul 31, 2005
378 posts
47 upvotes
If I'm not mistaken the picture ID has a "member since : xx/xx", this is the month/year of signup and should correspond to the renewal date, correct me if I'm mistaken
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7528 posts
372 upvotes
brunes wrote:
Oct 20th, 2009 10:58 pm
How is the Costco CSR going to know what his friend sounds like?
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
3569 posts
497 upvotes
Richmond
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2009 10:56 pm
Why not just call them and ask.
brunes wrote:
Oct 20th, 2009 10:58 pm
Stock R wrote:
Oct 21st, 2009 11:05 am
Internet sarcasm my friend, internet sarcasm. :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1170 posts
80 upvotes
When you start checking out, if the card is expired they will let you know and you can simply add the renewal fee to your checkout total.
Jul 5, 2004
21337 posts
1575 upvotes
sketchED wrote:
Oct 21st, 2009 1:07 am
If I'm not mistaken the picture ID has a "member since : xx/xx", this is the month/year of signup and should correspond to the renewal date, correct me if I'm mistaken
That usually won't work. When you renew your membership, Costco doesn't give you a new card, you get to keep your old car. For example, I've had my card for about 5 years now. Now before you say "well just subtract 5 years from that date then," keep in mind that I didn't always renew it on time. Sometimes I go months without shopping at Costco, so although I originally bought my membership in May of 2004, it doesn't expire until December 2009.
Stock R wrote:
lol You missed the boat on that one.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2002
9924 posts
1819 upvotes
Oakville
Stock R wrote:

Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
7980 posts
1182 upvotes
London
Shaner wrote:
Oct 21st, 2009 1:47 pm
That usually won't work. When you renew your membership, Costco doesn't give you a new card, you get to keep your old car. For example, I've had my card for about 5 years now. Now before you say "well just subtract 5 years from that date then," keep in mind that I didn't always renew it on time. Sometimes I go months without shopping at Costco, so although I originally bought my membership in May of 2004, it doesn't expire until December 2009.
Costco will often process a renewal from the date it expired, not the current date, so odds are this method will work for the OP...
Jul 5, 2004
21337 posts
1575 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote:
Oct 21st, 2009 11:42 pm
Costco will often process a renewal from the date it expired, not the current date, so odds are this method will work for the OP...
No they won't. If my membership expires in April and I don't go back in until November, they had better not give me a membership that is backdated to April and expires the following April. That would give me only 6 months of membership.

They would never charge you for a full year and give you less than that.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2002
9924 posts
1819 upvotes
Oakville
Shaner wrote:
Oct 21st, 2009 11:47 pm
No they won't. If my membership expires in April and I don't go back in until November, they had better not give me a membership that is backdated to April and expires the following April. That would give me only 6 months of membership.

They would never charge you for a full year and give you less than that.
I see where you're coming from but look at it like a gym membership. Say if you join the gym Jan 1st and go throughout the year, but as renewal comes up and the start of the new year you can't make it there for whatever reasons. You finally get there March 5th we'll say. Your membership fee is due. They will charge you starting Jan 1st, not March 5th.
× < >