Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Men's 100% merino wool long sleeve top $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2015 8:24 am
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2302 posts
952 upvotes
Canada

[Costco] Men's 100% merino wool long sleeve top $19.99

Saw them at Costco (West) today. Men's Cloudveil 100% merino wool long sleeve tops for $19.99. Made in Canada. A few different colours available: blue, black, olive.

[IMG]http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag4 ... ausssv.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag4 ... o31c3y.jpg[/IMG]
90 replies
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
I wouldn't say this is hot.

Costco always has this, last year it was a different brand. I forget, but I have two of them, also 100% merino.
Nov 2, 2011
236 posts
127 upvotes
Edmonton
The brand used to be True North

Old thread - costco-true-north-100-merino-wool-longs ... a-1395592/

Can't speak for the new stuff but the old shirts were pretty nice, but I wore under hockey gear and developed holes after about 10 washes, i had a friend do the same and lasted him about 5. But i would still recommend for $20.
Sizing was big last time
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
residentcgull wrote: The brand used to be True North

Old thread - costco-true-north-100-merino-wool-longs ... a-1395592/

Can't speak for the new stuff but the old shirts were pretty nice, but I wore under hockey gear and developed holes after about 10 washes, i had a friend do the same and lasted him about 5. But i would still recommend for $20.
Sizing was big last time
I can concur, also developed holes..wash delicates....
Nov 9, 2013
758 posts
283 upvotes
Vancouver
The rough dress ones are decent
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5593 posts
2537 upvotes
Kitchener
The holes are from washing? I always thought maybe something was eating it. (I still wore them.)
This space is intentionally left blank.
Jun 25, 2005
849 posts
522 upvotes
How's the fit? The previous ones were a little tight.
Aug 7, 2015
202 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can anyone tell if these would pass as "slim/skinny fit" for a skinny 6"2 body with small shoulder width?

All sweaters I've ever found (minus the slim fit sweaters at J crew, which I really can't afford) are way to baggy for me and really just make me look like a messy fool.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1817 posts
1337 upvotes
Yeah this is regular price, yearly item. Good deal nonetheless. Maybe put them in a mesh laundry bag when washing?
Aug 31, 2010
746 posts
959 upvotes
ON
The price is cheap, but developing holes easily is either because they use super thin or crappy merino wool, or they have quality control issues. If there are holes after a few washes, then it's not really worth it no matter how cheap it is.

I own several cebreaker oasis crew tops, slim fit with very long sleeves, often go on sale around $50 to even below $40 about once a year, had my oldest one for more than 4 years, still going strong.

Also if sizing is similar to other Costco merino wool items, it wouldn't fit anyone slim. Last time I tried one on, I could fit a soccer ball in my stomach.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10417 posts
7483 upvotes
ON
Empyrium wrote: Last time I tried one on, I could fit a soccer ball in my stomach.
Astonished Face How did you fit it in your mouf ???
Feb 25, 2007
321 posts
199 upvotes
vittycent wrote: Yeah this is regular price, yearly item. Good deal nonetheless. Maybe put them in a mesh laundry bag when washing?

Agreed. Ever since we started using mesh bags for delicate, we haven't had problems with our clothes.
Apr 9, 2008
564 posts
257 upvotes
Bby
Empyrium wrote: The price is cheap, but developing holes easily is either because they use super thin or crappy merino wool, or they have quality control issues. If there are holes after a few washes, then it's not really worth it no matter how cheap it is.

I own several cebreaker oasis crew tops, slim fit with very long sleeves, often go on sale around $50 to even below $40 about once a year, had my oldest one for more than 4 years, still going strong.

Also if sizing is similar to other Costco merino wool items, it wouldn't fit anyone slim. Last time I tried one on, I could fit a soccer ball in my stomach.
They feel slightly thicker this year.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1834 posts
1569 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Thanks for sharing Op. But I have seen this in store, I think this is just the regular price.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1285 upvotes
Rifle wrote: I wouldn't say this is hot.

Costco always has this, last year it was a different brand. I forget, but I have two of them, also 100% merino.

Well, I would say you are incorrect. Costco does *not* always have this. Rather, it is available at Costco for a limited period every autumn for a similar price. If you cannot find this type of top at this price for 300 out of 365 days during a year at any retailer in Canada, then this definitely meets the definition of a deal. Whether you consider it to be hot would require that you compare to other retailers' offerings. My experience with buying merino is that that this is certainly warm-to-hot.
Jan 8, 2005
919 posts
225 upvotes
Windsor
even if this is a reg price it is still good to know that it is back in stock
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
2230 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
Niroxu wrote: Can anyone tell if these would pass as "slim/skinny fit" for a skinny 6"2 body with small shoulder width?

All sweaters I've ever found (minus the slim fit sweaters at J crew, which I really can't afford) are way to baggy for me and really just make me look like a messy fool.
try banana republic medium-tall. When they are on sale and there's a stackable 40-60% off, they are about $30.
May 11, 2014
148 posts
122 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I found them at Dundas with 403 and HWY7 with 400 locations. True North brand though. Size wise, looks to me that there is no difference between medium and large... Looking for them for a while now, very happy with the previous purchased. Used as base layer for winter bicycle rides.
Dec 16, 2009
588 posts
172 upvotes
Durham
I am surprised some of the posters have indicated that in their cases Costco sizing is larger than stated.

I have always found all of their men's sport clothing is sized small for me.
I am normally an XL however if I am buying any type of casual stuff, including these merino wool tops I have to go XXL at Costco.

In my case the XL's aren't roomy enough for me in the shoulders and length of sleeves.

I always thought that they must have Quebec buyers (Ottawa based) because as a market they are smaller people and accordingly suppliers size smaller.

I thought the small sizing was confirmed by looking at the sizes that are always left over and are on blow out '.97' pricing are always smalls and medium sizes around here.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Glad to hear they're back!

Amazing value for merino shirts, I've worn mine year round for the past 2 years and they're going strong - I will gladly take wool over synthetics for 10 of the 12 months of the year in Alberta!