• Jan 3rd, 2020 2:51 am
[OP]
Sep 11, 2010
195 posts
1417 upvotes
Montréal, QC

[Costco] Michelin End-of-season Sale - Receive a 100$ Costco Shop Card

End-of-season-sale

From January 2 to 12 2020, Receive a Costco shop card when you buy 4 tires from the Michelin X-ice Family

Offer Details: * Receive a Costco Shop Card with the purchase of 4 eligible tires. Offers valid only at Costco Warehouses in Canada and online at Costco.ca.The Costco Shop Card will be delivered by our service provider TicketOps to the email address or by Costco to the postal address in the membership file 7 to 10 business days from the date of purchase. Offers cannot be combined with any other manufacturer promotion or purchase offer. .
Last edited by urapawn on Jan 2nd, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2740 posts
2282 upvotes
Oakville
So I bought a tire set last night for Xice 3, and for $200 off with the 20% off sale they had for yesterday only.

I went through the exact same checkout process and the price is like $120 more for my set of tires I purchased when combining this $100 off discount.
-ZdpZ... ;)
[OP]
Sep 11, 2010
195 posts
1417 upvotes
Montréal, QC
zdpz wrote: So I bought a tire set last night for Xice 3, and for $200 off with the 20% off sale they had for yesterday only.

I went through the exact same checkout process and the price is like $120 more for my set of tires I purchased when combining this $100 off discount.
Obviously, this deal is not better than yesterday's deal.
But it's better than the manufacture rebate ($70).

So if you bought yesterday, this deal is not for you.
But if you missed yesterday's deal and don't have a time machine then this is the best deal available today...
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9076 posts
7398 upvotes
Markham
Who’s downvoting this? It’s still better than no sale. Sure it’s not as good as 20% off but that sale is over and if I remember right it was the only time it has ever happened.

You people need to stop discouraging posts. What kind of idiots discourages the posting of deals.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6742 posts
5584 upvotes
North York
Anikiri wrote: Who’s downvoting this? It’s still better than no sale. Sure it’s not as good as 20% off but that sale is over and if I remember right it was the only time it has ever happened.

You people need to stop discouraging posts. What kind of idiots discourages the posting of deals.
From what I understood from the 20% off thread, it's only a deal when buy tires as needed, at year end, and in advanced.
I don't even know what that means, but sure
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5868 posts
518 upvotes
Kanata
I can’t believe I missed the 20% off sale, now if I need the tire next season, is it worth to jump on this deal or just wait for next season for the 70$ off instead
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1821 posts
2273 upvotes
Toronto
rivet wrote: I can’t believe I missed the 20% off sale, now if I need the tire next season, is it worth to jump on this deal or just wait for next season for the 70$ off instead
just wait for the next season, usually have 70 bucks cash card and 1 cent install. just don't miss that one lol
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
2606 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
Just my luck...tire blew today and 20% sale is over.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2740 posts
2282 upvotes
Oakville
Anikiri wrote: Who’s downvoting this? It’s still better than no sale. Sure it’s not as good as 20% off but that sale is over and if I remember right it was the only time it has ever happened.

I actually upvoted OP

I was putting a data point because I wasn't sure which deal is better.

I'm this OP one you don't need mandatory tire install I think so that's even better
-ZdpZ... ;)
Dec 25, 2019
12 posts
3 upvotes
Question about online purchase of these tires...
My wife has a Costco membership, I don’t.
If I purchase online and use her Costco membership number, does the credit card payment have to be with her credit card or can I use my own?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6742 posts
5584 upvotes
North York
MBC369 wrote: Question about online purchase of these tires...
My wife has a Costco membership, I don’t.
If I purchase online and use her Costco membership number, does the credit card payment have to be with her credit card or can I use my own?
for your own peace with the wife, I'd say use your card.
But you can use any
Jan 4, 2010
707 posts
421 upvotes
Waterloo
Man I’m mad I missed the sale. I need a set of summers or all seasons
Feb 11, 2012
79 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
To all those that missed yesterday's deal I purchased a set of PS4S from costco - total was around 1620.

Today I called CEOTIRES (who btw is now the old simplytire crew - very well reviewed team)

They quoted me 1550 without install so the price is very comparable. I've decided on a different tire and will be returning these
Aug 11, 2008
999 posts
271 upvotes
sonyminidiscman wrote:
just wait for the next season, usually have 70 bucks cash card and 1 cent install. just don't miss that one lol
So 1c installation with 70off is much better deal than 20% off for sub $700 tires.
I guess I am going to cancel 20% off order for winter tires and wait for next season. My pretty much new all seasons tires are doing fine in this year winter
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2740 posts
2282 upvotes
Oakville
bjwong wrote: To all those that missed yesterday's deal I purchased a set of PS4S from costco - total was around 1620.

Today I called CEOTIRES (who btw is now the old simplytire crew - very well reviewed team)

They quoted me 1550 without install so the price is very comparable. I've decided on a different tire and will be returning these
I have a friend who says stay away from CEO tire, it's a hit or miss.

They damaged the inner wall on one of his tires while installing it incorrectly on the RIM and then told him it came like that.

North York/Vaughn/Milton/Burlington are the places to go for Tire shops if you wanna go that direction.
-ZdpZ... ;)