Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Miele Compact C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum - $299.00

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2019 1:25 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6905 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
Ryes wrote: i was considering the c2 electro+ on amazon.ca but i thought the electro+ c2 in Canada had only the 1 year warranty ... only the motor and one other thing is 7 years everything else is 1 year... i have gone 360 degrees on bags. Used to think they were dumb but after a few vacuums without it i want the bag and love that the Miele bags self seal fully. Where did u get your electro+ c2 from? The cats and dogs c2 is from Costco and has the lower model powerhead on it compared to yours... 5 year warranty. How much did u get yours for on sale as the c2 cats dogs is $699
I got a great deal off Amazon.ca on it, $515 for it last May. It was a no brainer price for me with the attachments it came with.
SizzleChest wrote: Have you actually registered for your warranty and been confirmed by Miele? They told me that the C2 Electro+ isn't supposed to be sold in Canada and has no warranty whatsoever.
Really?! I tried registering via phone and the girl couldn’t do it since the system was acting up so she told me to keep all receipts for warranty service but never told me it’s not available in Canada. I’ll email them and ask to confirm. Only bright side if it’s got no warranty in Canada is that my sister lives close to me in US so she can get warranty services for me. At the price I paid, I am ok with taking this risk.
Jul 19, 2018
223 posts
317 upvotes
IMO, if you have any rugs/carpet, even low pile I'd save a little more and one with the electro brush. Go used if you have too. It's really a lot more functional if you have that.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
setell wrote: I got a great deal off Amazon.ca on it, $515 for it last May. It was a no brainer price for me with the attachments it came with.

Really?! I tried registering via phone and the girl couldn’t do it since the system was acting up so she told me to keep all receipts for warranty service but never told me it’s not available in Canada. I’ll email them and ask to confirm. Only bright side if it’s got no warranty in Canada is that my sister lives close to me in US so she can get warranty services for me. At the price I paid, I am ok with taking this risk.
I bought it at the same time. I tried to register for the warranty online, but the serial number came back as invalid. I called Miele Canada and they told me it was a USA-only model, wasn't supposed to be sold in Canada and therefore had no warranty. They also told me they were going to be in contact with amazon.ca to have it removed from the website, but it's still on there to this day. I decided to keep it because it was 30% cheaper than on amazon.com so it seemed worth the risk to go without a warranty. Also, if I sent it back to amazon, they said the cost of return shipping would be deducted from my refund. I don't think Miele USA will honour the warranty either because we didn't buy it from a USA retailer, but I may be wrong. I even tried contacting consumer affairs hoping that they would tell Miele that they have to offer me the warranty since amazon.ca is an authorized Miele retailer, but they said they didn't handle issues like mine.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6905 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
SizzleChest wrote: I bought it at the same time. I tried to register for the warranty online, but the serial number came back as invalid. I called Miele Canada and they told me it was a USA-only model, wasn't supposed to be sold in Canada and therefore had no warranty. They also told me they were going to be in contact with amazon.ca to have it removed from the website, but it's still on there to this day. I decided to keep it because it was 30% cheaper than on amazon.com so it seemed worth the risk to go without a warranty. Also, if I sent it back to amazon, they said the cost of return shipping would be deducted from my refund. I don't think Miele USA will honour the warranty either because we didn't buy it from a USA retailer, but I may be wrong. I even tried contacting consumer affairs hoping that they would tell Miele that they have to offer me the warranty since amazon.ca is an authorized Miele retailer, but they said they didn't handle issues like mine.
Interesting! Since you made way more calls than me I’ll email my local sales rep since I dealt with him for our dishwasher. He’ll probably know since it seems we got mixed messages. I was never told I had no warranty just system didn’t register it and it happens occasionally, rare but it does.

You’re right, we got a really good deal and at that price I am ok taking a risk on it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
setell wrote: Interesting! Since you made way more calls than me I’ll email my local sales rep since I dealt with him for our dishwasher. He’ll probably know since it seems we got mixed messages. I was never told I had no warranty just system didn’t register it and it happens occasionally, rare but it does.

You’re right, we got a really good deal and at that price I am ok taking a risk on it.
Let me know what your rep says. Thanks.
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Oct 25, 2010
855 posts
415 upvotes
ohwowhi wrote: IMO, if you have any rugs/carpet, even low pile I'd save a little more and one with the electro brush. Go used if you have too. It's really a lot more functional if you have that.
When u say electro brush do u mean the electro+ model that people are mentioning in this thread or do u mean like any powerhead (like the one with the c2 cats and dogs) as i cant find a warrantied electro+ model being sold in Canada
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
Ryes wrote: When u say electro brush do u mean the electro+ model that people are mentioning in this thread or do u mean like any powerhead (like the one with the c2 cats and dogs) as i cant find a warrantied electro+ model being sold in Canada
https://www.miele.ca/en/c/production-se ... s-2202.htm#

Any models that come with one of the three SEB series brush heads in the above link.

FYI: the SEB brush heads cannot be used with any Miele vacuum that didn't originally come with one as that model will not have the electrical connection needed to power the brush head.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
There is a new bagless miele at costco. Just saw it today.
Feb 2, 2017
150 posts
138 upvotes
I have a 15 year old miele Solaris that still works like the day I bought it. My sister couldn't believe that I paid $600 for a vacuum. In the same 15 years she has bought about 5 vacuums at a min $200 each....all broke down. The older models that were made in Germany were excellent quality. While I can't speak to the longevity of the new models, I will get another miele when mine eventually dies. I think the c3 complete is a great deal under $400.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26013 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
-=phelan=- wrote: Out of curiosity aren't these readily available at meile unbox events and warehouse sales? I never looked into them at the warehouse sales I've been at in the past as I didn't have any need for a vac but does anyone recall prices?
From a pic posted in the last sale:

Really good pricing IMO...
Oct 25, 2010
855 posts
415 upvotes
Wow that’s crazy good pricing
Nov 12, 2009
570 posts
657 upvotes
How's the suction on this vacuum compared to Rainbow vacuum or Sirena?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12020 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
allmywatches wrote: The older models that were made in Germany were excellent quality. While I can't speak to the longevity of the new models, I will get another miele when mine eventually dies. I think the c3 complete is a great deal under $400.
Only the C1 is made in China, the C2 and C3 are still made in Germany. The C1 uses the same motor as the C2 and C3. Which brings to question, where is the motor made?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
Gee wrote: Only the C1 is made in China, the C2 and C3 are still made in Germany. The C1 uses the same motor as the C2 and C3. Which brings to question, where is the motor made?
Pretty sure I recall reading that the motor is made in Germany, but then sent to China for assembly on the C1.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12020 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
SizzleChest wrote: Pretty sure I recall reading that the motor is made in Germany, but then sent to China for assembly on the C1.
That's reassuring. I guess it is just a matter of time before they farm out all the assembly to China
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
Have an older version of it. Good medium size vacuum. A bit small for a house. I recommand getting a bigger model except if your house is very small. Slpcially since bags are not very big and cost ~ 5$/each. Not great for carpet all over but very good for mixed floors.
Pourquoi pas?
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Does anyone know if the Miele Bayless vacuums are equally well reviewed?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)