[Costco] Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum $339

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2019 5:45 pm
[OP]
Apr 1, 2005
253 posts
84 upvotes

[Costco] Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum $339

Deal is back. $339 in store or $349 online.

Previous thread: costco-miele-complete-c3-canister-vacuu ... y-2295114/
25 replies
Feb 21, 2013
78 posts
51 upvotes
Does anybody know the difference between this model and the other, seemingly much more expensive, models in their lineup? Seems like they all have the same 1,200W motor.
Jun 28, 2013
159 posts
31 upvotes
Edmonton
czenxa wrote: Does anybody know the difference between this model and the other, seemingly much more expensive, models in their lineup? Seems like they all have the same 1,200W motor.
This C3 model is basically good for hard floors only. It does come with a "universal floor" attachment which let's you clean short pile rug but it isn't effective. It's much lighter and perfect for hard-floors, everything is the same except the "handle" as the latter is a electrical handle that works well for carpet.

The other high-end C3 model (C3 total care $850 or the C3 excellence $599 deal) comes with a powerline handle and a carpet attachment worth roughly $200 on its own. This is the model you want if you have carpet,rugs and wood. The handle is heavier btw, roughly 5-10lb because its a electrical handle.

I have both of those, C3 blue cannisters for my condo (hard floor only) and a C3 total care blue for my mom's house (carpet). Hope that helps!
Last edited by randyxrandy on Oct 14th, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2692 posts
277 upvotes
czenxa wrote: Does anybody know the difference between this model and the other, seemingly much more expensive, models in their lineup? Seems like they all have the same 1,200W motor.
with Miele vacuums they essentially are different based on the series itself (e.g. c1 vs c2 and C3) and within those series what floor nozzles they come with.

The C3 is their largest and so has the longest cord, on board tools, foot based suction control and is well insulated so very quiet and uses their bigger blue bags (GN)

within the C3 series they have from what i can tell
C3 -Costco Exlclusive - Comes with a universale brush with bristles that extend down for going over hard surfaces and retracts when going over short pile carpet.. + Turbo brush. an air driven rolling brush that's good for picking up hair on the carpets as well as vibrating the fibers to get more thorough cleaning. It works well to say medium pile lenght carpet.
C3 Limited edition (curry yellow is the latest) tend to come just with the universal brush.
C3 Exellence. seems to be on sale right now too at $599. comes with universal brush and also an electric powerhead. The electric powerheads uses a motor to rotate the bristles at a constant speed. They are the best at picking up hair as well as vibrating the fibers in the carpet so you get a much deeper clean. So well worth it if you have a whole floor that's carpet.
C3 Totalcare - Dedicated hardbrush and the same powerhead as the C3 Excellence.
C3 Cat & Dog - their best hardwood floor brush (sbb300) and a height adjustable powerhead. This allows it to have air flow even on very high pile carpet. they call it cat and dog as it also comes with a charcoal filter for pet odor neutralization.
C3 Powerplus - Their top of the line $1199 vacuum. has the Sbb300 hardwood brush, an upgraded height adjustable powerhead with light and all the controls for the vacuum are now through the handle.

So in the C3 line, you buy based on the flooring you have.
if you have hardwood and some carpeting the Costco C3 is by far the best value especially when it's on sale right now.

if you have a lot of carpet, e.g. whole upstairs is carpet and it's not crazy thick then i would get the C3 Excellence in terms of value right now

if you have a lot of carpet and it's very thick then the C3 Cat & dog and the C3 Powerplus would be better bets, but those hardly every go on sale.
May 13, 2019
3 posts
Miele complete C3 canister vaccum is affordable here but i think 10.0.0.0.138 manual needs to be completely read by buyer.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3100 posts
1636 upvotes
Calgary
Love Miele vacs but wonder why Miele doesn't seem to sell upright vacs anymore. My 10yr old Miele upright works great for carpet & my Tineco (sub any good cordless or Dyson if u have lots of moolah) cordless keeps everything spotless.

Don't get me wrong as the Miele upright does a great job on wood flrs as well but a good cordless does a comparable job + much more convenient with less time spend on cord mgmt.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1723 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone comment on the cost of the bags?
If expensive, are there any 3rd party options?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
1747 posts
1260 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
randyxrandy wrote: This C3 model is basically good for hard floors only. It does come with a "universal floor" attachment which let's you clean short pile rug but it isn't effective. It's much lighter and perfect for hard-floors, everything is the same except the "handle" as the latter is a electrical handle that works well for carpet.

The other high-end C3 model (C3 total care $850 or the C3 excellence $599 deal) comes with a powerline handle and a carpet attachment worth roughly $200 on its own. This is the model you want if you have carpet,rugs and wood. The handle is heavier btw, roughly 5-10lb because its a electrical handle.

I have both of those, C3 blue cannisters for my condo (hard floor only) and a C3 total care blue for my house (carpet). Hope that helps!
I have some low pile carpets at my house and the Air-driven turbo floor head that comes with this vacuum is actually very good on carpet. Sure it's not as good as the powerline head but unless you have some high pile carpets it works pretty well.
I like credit unions.
Member with DUCA Credit Union. Accounts with Tangerine, BMO, and EQ Bank.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
1025 posts
536 upvotes
blindemboss wrote: Can anyone comment on the cost of the bags?
If expensive, are there any 3rd party options?
We've owned my C3 vacuum for 2 years now and am only on the third bag. The bags hold A LOT of debris. I would not dare use any third party bags, because if the bags puncture or don't attach correctly, it's going to destroy the motor. The Miele bags are not "bags", they're SUPER thick. I have no idea how the vacuum can even generate enough suction to suck everything into the bag. But it does...

We vacuum our main floor (hardwood) everyday because the little rug rats make such a mess. Vacuuming everyday might sound a bit OCD, but with the C3 we can do a fast sweet of the entire main floor with the Parquet Twister floor head, hit the cord rewind and we're all done in less than 5 minutes. We don't use the handheld Dyson vacuum anymore.

If our Miele C3 broke, I would go out tomorrow and drop $1,000 to buy it again.
Aug 30, 2019
15 posts
3 upvotes
Oakville
doesn't go on sale often and lasts forever.. thanks!
Jul 10, 2012
5 posts
2 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
This weekend Bed Bath Beyond has a promotion where if you buy $300 or more online, you get a $100 credit to use for a future purchase (credit expires in 30 days).

Decided to buy the C3 complete excellence on sale for $599 (2% Rakuten).
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30292 posts
1414 upvotes
Fernando Po
C3 Exellence made in China??
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2692 posts
277 upvotes
hagbard wrote: C3 Exellence made in China??
no c3 is made in China, they are all made in Germany.
right now the series that's assembled in china is the compact series, e.g compact C1 and Compact C2
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2692 posts
277 upvotes
scotsum wrote: Love Miele vacs but wonder why Miele doesn't seem to sell upright vacs anymore. My 10yr old Miele upright works great for carpet & my Tineco (sub any good cordless or Dyson if u have lots of moolah) cordless keeps everything spotless.

Don't get me wrong as the Miele upright does a great job on wood flrs as well but a good cordless does a comparable job + much more convenient with less time spend on cord mgmt.
they do have the upright in the states and in the UK, called S7.

they also just launched a stick vac in germany last month
https://www.miele.de/en/m/all-rounder-w ... e-5035.htm

i'm sure we will eventually get it here too considering how popular the cordless stick vac is