Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Motorola Talkabout 2 Way Radios Clearance $49.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2018 3:22 pm
Jan 12, 2017
268 posts
84 upvotes
Regular price was pretty steep for these...
$69.97 is getting warmer, but they are massive.
G77 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2018 9:49 am
I think the regular price was around 100 bucks as I looked at them a couple of weeks back...
Jan 3, 2013
504 posts
153 upvotes
Winnipeg
Avignon wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2018 9:47 am
Just a FYI - these are illegal both in Cuba and Europe.
I have FRS like these for North America and PMR446 for Europe.
That being said, I did use FRS for several years traveling around Europe and was never busted.

http://www.walkie-talkie-radio.co.uk/in ... nal-issues
They are not illegal in Cuba for private use. That law changed a few years ago and immigration even looked at them in February in Cabo Coco.

As for Europe didn’t know that but border guards would see it and never bothered us. Even got selected for enhanced screening in Amsterdam to Minneapolis flight where they went through all my electronic devices and didn’t care.
Dec 10, 2003
245 posts
132 upvotes
I just recently purchased some Cobra ones that are waterproof etc on clearance from the Source for $49.99. I had looked at these bout couldn't justify double the price. But at $69.99 this is a way better deal. Plus these float too...... would be great on the SeaDoo boat etc....

I have also seen this price in Kingston ON as of Thursday........
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3288 posts
1387 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
ScoFF wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2018 9:11 am
This is probably overkill for my kids as walkie talkies huh?
Nah, kids walkie-talkie always suck

I would have love to have those when i was young.
May 23, 2008
530 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
zeon64 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2018 10:51 am
They are not illegal in Cuba for private use. That law changed a few years ago and immigration even looked at them in February in Cabo Coco.

As for Europe didn’t know that but border guards would see it and never bothered us. Even got selected for enhanced screening in Amsterdam to Minneapolis flight where they went through all my electronic devices and didn’t care.
You're right about the changes in Cuba - I checked and they have been moved from the prohibited section to the "Require import authorization" section.

As i said, I've used them myself in Europe, but they are illegal with fines in thousands of €s; I doubt Customs would care and I doubt you'd get caught, but the reason for the prohibition is that several of our FRS frequencies are used for emergency services in Europe, so at the least FRS radio use is a tad on the irresponsible side (mea culpa). Same reason the European version, PMR446, is illegal here.
May 1, 2004
634 posts
135 upvotes
Montreal
Picked one up at the Boucherville Costco. There’s maybe 5 left at 11:30am today.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1569 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Saw any in Richmond Hill Costco? Many thanks!
Jan 19, 2006
795 posts
25 upvotes
I picked up a pack since the cost of cobras weren’t much of a steal.
They work great, the kids were playing with them all afternoon in the park trees and I’ll prob find use for them as well,
I’ve never used fancy 2 way radios so will go through the instructions. I stuck on channel 8, sub channel 1 on low touch for talk.
"...I will not be limited."
Sep 10, 2007
266 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmm, I was looking to pick up one to use while I'm on film sets instead of using company walkie talkie; basically bringing my own.
I may look into this model. Thanks OP!
pmb

"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."
~ Henry J. Kaiser
Sep 23, 2006
76 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks, picked up a pack at the Stillcreek Costco before closing. There were a lot left in the camping section.
May 2, 2016
185 posts
91 upvotes
Just bought a pair in Markham...still same price.
Nov 30, 2012
334 posts
250 upvotes
Burnaby
deereal wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2018 2:15 am
Thanks, picked up a pack at the Stillcreek Costco before closing. There were a lot left in the camping section.
Where exactly? Was just there and didn't see any.