• Sep 25th, 2013 3:30 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2011
116 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver

[Costco] Costco: Neato XV-11 $269.99

Just noticed that Costco.ca has the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum on sale for $269.99 delivered. I think that's a damn good deal if you're interested!!
18 replies
Feb 1, 2008
87 posts
23 upvotes
Goober56 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 8:57 pm
I got one for Christmas and I highly recommend it.

I am extremely happy with mine too. I did have a problem with mine at some point but they have excellent customer service and resolved it by sending me a brand new unit.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2479 posts
38 upvotes
Thank you, you robot-temptress
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
1361 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Do you guys recommend the VX11 or VX14

Both are Costco, VX14 is $299
Feb 1, 2008
87 posts
23 upvotes
kevinnashho wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 9:38 pm

Edited.
It's exactly the same thing.

Actually, you'll verify what's included. They mention that the XV14 comes with 4 filters include and 6 blades....but I would imagine that SHOULD be included with the XV11 as-well.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1976 posts
574 upvotes
just be sure your battery can hold a charge longer than 15 mins after fews charge
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
1761 posts
137 upvotes
costco will take these back if you don't like it, so give it a try. neato is much better for a house than roomba. roomba is just good for rooms because it is dumb and bounces off walls to clean. neato knows where it is going.
kevinnashho wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 9:38 pm

different color. different accessory package: different length of the magnet roll, different number of filters and beater bar blades. potentially different version because they were made at a different time

note two things: you can pay extra for a pet package that has a quiet-on-hard-floor beater bar and better dust filter. these are what the xv-21 come with. (xv-21 is like these ones but with the pet pack included)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
4099 posts
1056 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Those megnet rolls seem so hokey.
I wonder if they'll ever upgrade these units to be a little "smarter".
The Roomba's virtual wall devices are a lttle more advanced,even if the Neato is a superior machine.
Gonna hold off until they come up with a better solution than laying those magnetic strips all over the place evertime I wanna clean.
Jul 11, 2004
810 posts
38 upvotes
I bought my XV-11 at costco.ca last year. The first one had occasional RPC errors and eventually had ever increasing RPC errors. So, I had it replaced. The replacement within a couple of days of operation had a 'left wheel stuck' message and the left wheel was clearly had high resistance. So, had that one replaced. Within a couple of days of receiving the replacement, the new unit also has a "left wheel stuck" message. Again, the wheel seems to have higher resistance to movement. Also, the two replacement units have what I would call unusual 'behavior' as they get stuck under a couple of my chairs. An area where my original had no problem avoiding.

Not certain what to do here. Call customer support and have them send me yet another one or just return the unit to Costco for a refund.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
1761 posts
137 upvotes
Woah! wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 11:52 am
Those megnet rolls seem so hokey.
I wonder if they'll ever upgrade these units to be a little "smarter".
The Roomba's virtual wall devices are a lttle more advanced,even if the Neato is a superior machine.
Gonna hold off until they come up with a better solution than laying those magnetic strips all over the place evertime I wanna clean.
the magnets are not for putting down every time you clean. the reason roomba needs the virtual walls is because neato is an idiot and can randomly leave a room uncleaned by bouncing outside of it. neato does not do this, it knows to clean a room entirely before leaving.

of course, if you have some special circumstance, like kids playing or work being done, you could always put down a big magnet strip to stop it from going over there. but really, the magnet strips are there to help you deal with the rare time that neato gets stuck. when you test neato you may find places where it gets jammed under something, or stuck in a corner. so you put down a small strip of magnet to work around that problem.

for me it was under a bed where the top of neato was exactly the height that would scrape against the underside of the bed. also, it would get stuck in this one strange corner that was exactly the size of the neato itself. I put down a couple feet of magnet under the bed to make neato go around the trouble spot, and maybe 2 inches to prevent going into the corner.
growler wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 3:08 am
I bought my XV-11 at costco.ca last year. The first one had occasional RPC errors and eventually had ever increasing RPC errors. So, I had it replaced. The replacement within a couple of days of operation had a 'left wheel stuck' message and the left wheel was clearly had high resistance. So, had that one replaced. Within a couple of days of receiving the replacement, the new unit also has a "left wheel stuck" message. Again, the wheel seems to have higher resistance to movement. Also, the two replacement units have what I would call unusual 'behavior' as they get stuck under a couple of my chairs. An area where my original had no problem avoiding.

Not certain what to do here. Call customer support and have them send me yet another one or just return the unit to Costco for a refund.
I feel for you. neato quality control IS poor. but you got extra unlucky. I have never had a fatal problem like that from 3 different neatos. but they each have their own strange quirks. which stinks.

just fyi: there is a new hardware version that is NOT compatible with the old charger.

the costco return policy is excellent.
May 24, 2009
42 posts
16 upvotes
Fonthill
Really ticks me off that COSTCO in the states is offering this exact model for 199 (in store w manu rebate). Why in god's name do we have to pay $70 more!!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1016 posts
49 upvotes
newfieinthefalls wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 7:27 pm
Really ticks me off that COSTCO in the states is offering this exact model for 199 (in store w manu rebate). Why in god's name do we have to pay $70 more!!!!
Because we are stupid enough to do so.
× < >