• May 21st, 2019 6:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9370 posts
1463 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Nepresso Vertuo & Aerocino

Today at Toronto, (Richmond Hill) Costco, I saw Nepresso staff (dressed in their signature black uniforms)

Vertuo and Aerocino, 20 capsules and some mail in thing

$209
22 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2679 posts
1276 upvotes
Montreal
That's the regular "costco price". They are rotating through costcos every couple weeks.

IMO, VertuoLine is not worth it. You get the fancy name and a fancy looking machine for something a bit better than Keurig for a much higher price.

For Nespresso, stick to Original Line.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9370 posts
1463 upvotes
Toronto
daviiiiiid wrote:
May 19th, 2019 10:32 pm
That's the regular "costco price". They are rotating through costcos every couple weeks.

IMO, VertuoLine is not worth it. You get the fancy name and a fancy looking machine for something a bit better than Keurig for a much higher price.

Thanks. I'm getting confused on all their models. Which model name is their original line? I looked on YouTube and most of these reviews are very old like one year or 9 months old
Feb 19, 2019
10 posts
16 upvotes
daviiiiiid wrote:
May 19th, 2019 10:32 pm

rfdrfd wrote:
May 19th, 2019 10:54 pm
Thanks. I'm getting confused on all their models. Which model name is their original line? I looked on YouTube and most of these reviews are very old like one year or 9 months old
Depends on what you like. Original line only makes espressos. I have Vertuo Line and you can choose from 4 different sizes of pods.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2679 posts
1276 upvotes
Montreal
rfdrfd wrote:
There are so many, Essenza, inissia, pixie, citiz, latissima..
You can easily recognize them by figuring out what type of capsules they use. If it's the big dome shape, that's vertuoline. Orginaline uses the one that kinda looks like a gemstone, not sure how to describe it Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 31, 2010
222 posts
82 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:

daviiiiiid wrote:
May 19th, 2019 11:39 pm
There are so many, Essenza, inissia, pixie, citiz, latissima..
You can easily recognize them by figuring out what type of capsules they use. If it's the big dome shape, that's vertuoline. Orginaline uses the one that kinda looks like a gemstone, not sure how to describe it Face With Tears Of Joy
The top of the pod, flat side, bigger than a loonie, vertuoline, smaller than a loonie, originaline.

Originaline uses pressure to make coffee, vertuoline uses a spinning pod hence the bigger pod.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1089 posts
944 upvotes
Overall, the Vertuo makes a larger assortment of coffee drinks and they can rival the expensive $1000+ espresso machines that I have also had. But it's the ink jet printer business model where you have to buy the Nespresso capsules straight from the source because they have a code on them. That's a huge PITA in my book. The Innissia original line can accept generic espresso .50 -.75 cent capsules but they are all inferior to Nespresso original ones if you want to drink them straight. However, when you add the forthed milk to it from the Aerroccino even the cheap generics are quite good. In the end, the Innisia line wins for me because I like Capps and don't want to buy into the ink jet pricing model - hence, I have a Brother. I have both the Innisia and Vertuo line for free in exchange for reviews, so I have no horse in this race.
Feb 28, 2002
687 posts
167 upvotes
Alberta
Flat = Good. Round = Bad. (Just like the Earth...)

Fido 3 GB 100% - 50%
Public Mobile Fall 2016
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9370 posts
1463 upvotes
Toronto
charge wrote:
May 20th, 2019 3:25 am
Flat = Good. Round = Bad. (Just like the Earth...)

LOL thanks.

I like lattes, and cuppacinos, and machiatos. Do both lines have this ability? I don't drink much, just occasionally.

Originally I saw the Latissimus plus, and thought that's awesome! But then saw a YouTube video showing how messy the milk spout is and also a pain to clean. Looks like the Aerocino is a better idea.
Banned
May 12, 2019
14 posts
14 upvotes
Can someone explain to me PLEASE how in the hell did this k-cup system became a thing? It's such a rip off!?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
1418 posts
974 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo
Price in title please!
Gaming: i5 4570, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Media: i5 6400, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Everyday: i5 6400, GTX 1060 6gb, 8GB RAM
Laptop: ~
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb, Freedom - Freedom 250mb

Join a RFD'ers gaming discord server: https://discord.gg/pWch2YP
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1776 posts
1309 upvotes
GTA
shillharder wrote:
May 20th, 2019 10:00 am
Can someone explain to me PLEASE how in the hell did this k-cup system became a thing? It's such a rip off!?
Yeah, so expensive per cup and it doesn't make sense with the push to reduce waste. I have a single serve coffee maker that uses ground coffee. I buy the Starbucks 2.5 lb bag at Costco on sale for $17. I think the equivalent amount of coffee in K-cups would cost hundreds. K-cups are good for people that like to drink a lot of different flavours but it's still much cheaper to buy small bags of ground coffee even if you don't use the whole bag.
Aug 6, 2015
80 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shillharder wrote:
May 20th, 2019 10:00 am
Exactly! Yes, the Nespresso coffee is bit better than Keurig but both systems are horrible environmental waste of resources. Honestly, neither of them makes a good espresso anyway. And the price of the coffee pods is ridiculously high in comparison to beans/ground coffee. Plus DRM! Really for a coffee?
Feb 28, 2002
687 posts
167 upvotes
Alberta
rfdrfd wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:52 am
LOL thanks.

I like lattes, and cuppacinos, and machiatos. Do both lines have this ability? I don't drink much, just occasionally.

Originally I saw the Latissimus plus, and thought that's awesome! But then saw a YouTube video showing how messy the milk spout is and also a pain to clean. Looks like the Aerocino is a better idea.
I only use my Nespresso when travelling as I have a Saeco for day to day, but I do use the Aeroccino daily.
The Aeroccino works better than most frothers and it's easy to operate and clean.
Never used the Vertuoline so can't comment, but the original is decent and very convenient for it's intended use.
Fido 3 GB 100% - 50%
Public Mobile Fall 2016
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1957 posts
310 upvotes
Red Deer
We have both a VertuoPlus Deluxe and a older Original Line, one advantage of the Vertuo system over the OL is the double-espresso pods. My wife and I drink lattes and used to have to use two OL pods each to get a double shot, now with with the Vertuo we can use a double espresso pod so it saves us a few $. Both the double pods are pretty good too (Scuro and Chiaro) with a new double on its way (I think it's called Bianco Leggero?) but we haven't tried that one yet. Anyhow, something to consider.