• Aug 13th, 2019 11:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
3950 posts
248 upvotes

Costco new and improved Pizzas

So it turns out Costco is not doing their frozen pizza's anymore and doing the fresh from scratch pizza just like in the States! Anyone try it yet? The worker I was talking to to confirm, said they all had it on their lunch break and they Love it so much.
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
14 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14446 posts
2643 upvotes
Toronto
Does this change the price for a slice?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3552 posts
1505 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Are we talking about the food court?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8535 posts
4766 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
When did they ever do the frozen pizza? As I recall all the pizzas in the food court were always freshly handmade, just like the ones sold in the pre-prepared dinners refrigerator section.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14446 posts
2643 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 1:04 pm
When did they ever do the frozen pizza? As I recall all the pizzas in the food court were always freshly handmade, just like the ones sold in the pre-prepared dinners refrigerator section.
Not long ago they used to use kirkland brand boxed frozen pizzas in the food court. That changed. Now it changed again?
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10065 posts
625 upvotes
Mississauga
Bump for more explanation
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22624 posts
8359 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 6:52 pm
Not long ago they used to use kirkland brand boxed frozen pizzas in the food court.
I'm more curious as to when they were using frozen pizzas.

Nothing about that makes any sense, especially if it was using a retail item.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6787 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
It is hand stretched and tastes better but still greasy
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6787 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 1:04 pm
The dough I think was flash frozen
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7232 posts
2490 upvotes
Markham
Don't know about fresh from scratch... Signage says made fresh daily.

I do not think they can do dough there without lots of training so I suspect the dough is par cooked off-site and the pizza sauced, cheese's and topped onsite and then put into their moving oven.

I had it today and it's not bad, better than previous. The pepperoni was very greasy though....so greasy it greased right through the paper plate and left a fair amount of orangey grease on the table which I had to wipe off.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5996 posts
427 upvotes
BC
gr8dlr wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 7:46 pm

I had it today and it's not bad, better than previous. The pepperoni was very greasy though....so greasy it greased right through the paper plate and left a fair amount of orangey grease on the table which I had to wipe off.
Tried this yesterday, yes better than previous pizza, but mine too was so greasy it went right through the plate to the table. I had to get a knife and fork to eat it as it was too soggy to pick up. Hubby got the ham/pineapple and it was not soggy and greasy like the pepperoni. I didnt go to the counter but hubby said there was a third option which I would try.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7232 posts
2490 upvotes
Markham
Keelie wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 7:49 pm
Tried this yesterday, yes better than previous pizza, but mine too was so greasy it went right through the plate to the table. I had to get a knife and fork to eat it as it was too soggy to pick up. Hubby got the ham/pineapple and it was not soggy and greasy like the pepperoni. I didnt go to the counter but hubby said there was a third option which I would try.
Agree with your soggy assessment.

Third option is deluxe I think. Pepperoni and veggie (perhaps mushroom and peppers...can't recall exactly). This might be better as it'll likely be less greasy.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4735 posts
749 upvotes
I know pizza in general is pretty unhealthy but I remember reading some nutrition info on Costco pizza (I think it was pepperoni slice) & it seemed much worse than other pizza places eg Pizza Nova, in terms of calories & fat. I think Costco pepperoni & cheese must be the culprit (maybe they give a ton of pepperoni & cheese, I don't know as I've never had Costco pizza)
I am a Koodo customer