• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2019 5:02 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4103 posts
362 upvotes

Costco new and improved Pizzas

So it turns out Costco is not doing their frozen pizza's anymore and doing the fresh from scratch pizza just like in the States! Anyone try it yet? The worker I was talking to to confirm, said they all had it on their lunch break and they Love it so much.
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
15 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Does this change the price for a slice?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Are we talking about the food court?
😱
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19242 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
When did they ever do the frozen pizza? As I recall all the pizzas in the food court were always freshly handmade, just like the ones sold in the pre-prepared dinners refrigerator section.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: When did they ever do the frozen pizza? As I recall all the pizzas in the food court were always freshly handmade, just like the ones sold in the pre-prepared dinners refrigerator section.
Not long ago they used to use kirkland brand boxed frozen pizzas in the food court. That changed. Now it changed again?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
Bump for more explanation
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Not long ago they used to use kirkland brand boxed frozen pizzas in the food court.
I'm more curious as to when they were using frozen pizzas.

Nothing about that makes any sense, especially if it was using a retail item.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11686 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
It is hand stretched and tastes better but still greasy
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11686 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: When did they ever do the frozen pizza? As I recall all the pizzas in the food court were always freshly handmade, just like the ones sold in the pre-prepared dinners refrigerator section.
The dough I think was flash frozen
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21706 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
Don't know about fresh from scratch... Signage says made fresh daily.

I do not think they can do dough there without lots of training so I suspect the dough is par cooked off-site and the pizza sauced, cheese's and topped onsite and then put into their moving oven.

I had it today and it's not bad, better than previous. The pepperoni was very greasy though....so greasy it greased right through the paper plate and left a fair amount of orangey grease on the table which I had to wipe off.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6617 posts
1014 upvotes
BC
gr8dlr wrote:
I had it today and it's not bad, better than previous. The pepperoni was very greasy though....so greasy it greased right through the paper plate and left a fair amount of orangey grease on the table which I had to wipe off.
Tried this yesterday, yes better than previous pizza, but mine too was so greasy it went right through the plate to the table. I had to get a knife and fork to eat it as it was too soggy to pick up. Hubby got the ham/pineapple and it was not soggy and greasy like the pepperoni. I didnt go to the counter but hubby said there was a third option which I would try.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21706 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
Keelie wrote: Tried this yesterday, yes better than previous pizza, but mine too was so greasy it went right through the plate to the table. I had to get a knife and fork to eat it as it was too soggy to pick up. Hubby got the ham/pineapple and it was not soggy and greasy like the pepperoni. I didnt go to the counter but hubby said there was a third option which I would try.
Agree with your soggy assessment.

Third option is deluxe I think. Pepperoni and veggie (perhaps mushroom and peppers...can't recall exactly). This might be better as it'll likely be less greasy.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8587 posts
5372 upvotes
I know pizza in general is pretty unhealthy but I remember reading some nutrition info on Costco pizza (I think it was pepperoni slice) & it seemed much worse than other pizza places eg Pizza Nova, in terms of calories & fat. I think Costco pepperoni & cheese must be the culprit (maybe they give a ton of pepperoni & cheese, I don't know as I've never had Costco pizza)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
So I tried one recently.

It reminds me of their old pizza which I liked.
Still a little cheap on the pepperoni, but I like the crust better than the last iteration.

It's obviously not Neapolitan but it's passable.
I've had worse. For example the last iteration.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.