• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2013 5:15 pm
[OP]
Feb 7, 2005
983 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco Non-iron slim fit mens dress shirts $17.99

Costco Etobicoke has mens non-iron, slim fit shirts for $17.99. This is the regular price but is a great deal. They've had the regular fit ones forever but this is the first time I spotted the slim fit. There are about 4-5 different patterns. HOWEVER, these are the roomier slim fit, not the more european slim fit like Banana Republic or even Mark's. If you like Banana's versions, this is not for you.

They have a variety of neck and sleeve sizes.
=============
Heatware
12 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2110 posts
638 upvotes
Victoria
Picked 3 up over the past month. You're right - they're not very slim for a slim fit, especially in the arms. But for $18 and wearing to a business-casual workplace without having to worry about ironing, it's an easy sell for me.
Nov 27, 2003
175 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby
Not very slim or fitting at all. These are like MC Hammer shirts on me.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2265 posts
236 upvotes
Nepean
Haven't these been around for years now? Or are these non-iron ones new? I know the 17.99 dress shirts have been around for years. I bought one a few years back and know I have to iron it lol...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2005
2090 posts
134 upvotes
Kinda pointless selling slim at Costco... they usually don't even carry "small" sizes, let alone slim fits. I notice starting (smallest) waist size for men's pants there is 32"...
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
4621 posts
273 upvotes
orion_pax wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 4:23 am
Not very slim or fitting at all. These are like MC Hammer shirts on me.
Bro, do you even lift?
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18295 posts
1106 upvotes
I have a couple of the normal Kirkland brand no-iron shirts and definitely find it very large......helps with hiding my ever-expanding gut!!

Thx OP, I might pick up a few of these slimmer fit ones......pretty good quality and decent for non-wrinkle shirts!
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
1809 posts
163 upvotes
I noticed XXL in Slim fit? Strange but true!
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2012
1721 posts
285 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
ShopperfiendTO wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 9:00 am
I notice starting (smallest) waist size for men's pants there is 32"...
Wear a belt, maybe?
ccdude wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 10:19 am
I noticed XXL in Slim fit? Strange but true!
Do you even know what slim fit mean?
Mar 19, 2006
781 posts
192 upvotes
I find that you can regularly get Mexx shirts at 40-50% off clearance prices these days. Lots of semi-slim/slim in the $20-25 range in store. Better quality than the Kirkland brand which tend to fray at the collar and cuffs after about 5 washes I find.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
2646 posts
357 upvotes
Mississauga
GuiGQc wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 12:01 pm
Wear a belt, maybe?
If you're a 30 waist, putting a belt on a 32 pant will just cause it to bunch up usually by the lower back. Not a good look.
[OP]
Feb 7, 2005
983 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Nanodollars wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 12:29 pm
I find that you can regularly get Mexx shirts at 40-50% off clearance prices these days. Lots of semi-slim/slim in the $20-25 range in store. Better quality than the Kirkland brand which tend to fray at the collar and cuffs after about 5 washes I find.
Good to know. I haven't bought Mexx stuff in a while. I use to find their quality lacking (pilling mainly) but that was years ago. More recently I've been buying the Mark's slim-fit non-iron shirts which are a bit more forgiving than the Banana ones, the material is a bit thicker (which can be considered good or bad) and their fabric designs are decent. They're around the $50-$60 but can be had for around $40 on sale. They only come in S/M/L/etc. no neck and sleeve lengths.

Also bought one at Old Navy a couple of weeks ago. Fit's similar to Banana but I don't expect it to last too many washes.
=============
Heatware
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1907 posts
224 upvotes
I tried one of these Costco shirts a few weeks ago, but returned it. The fold at the back of the shirt (to make it "slim fitting") run from the top of the collar, and all the way to the bottom. Not sure if that's the "style", but it seemed odd as the fold usually should end about a 1/4 of the way down the back. The fold on these shirts go all the way to the bottom. Manufacturing defect?
× < >