Shopping Discussion

Costco Online Order Fulfillment - How long does it take?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2010 12:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1459 posts
131 upvotes

Costco Online Order Fulfillment - How long does it take?

Hey y'all,

I ordered some furniture from the Costco Canada website on Sunday and received confirmation of the order and received a notice saying my notice was sent to Fulfillment. I've yet to receive a notice saying that my order was shipped.

I had the order shipped to my name and my address but I used my girlfriends credit card to pay for the order (billing information). I included my Costco number because I am a member and she is not. I know in store Costco only accepts payment from the costco member (ie. will not accept debit or AMEX payment from non members).

Could the delay in fulfillment/shipping be a result of the billing information not matching the Costco membership number? Or does Costco always take a few days to fill/ship online orders?

Thanks!
10 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3285 posts
137 upvotes
I suspect they're still trying to fill your order.

My suggestion would be to call them ask what is happening. I've always found the customer service with Costco top notch!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1459 posts
131 upvotes
jcon wrote:
Nov 17th, 2009 7:09 pm
I suspect they're still trying to fill your order.

My suggestion would be to call them ask what is happening. I've always found the customer service with Costco top notch!
I called customer service twice this afternoon and whenever I hit the number to try and speak to someone directly it goes to an automated message saying that "someone will be with me shortly" and then I lose the call (Costco end hangs up.) This is the Costco.ca shopping support number, maybe the general customer service number will work and I will be able to get some assistance.

I should also mention that I did make my calls before 6pm eastern when customer support should be available.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1459 posts
131 upvotes
I was finally able to get a hold of customer support earlier this morning. I asked them about the order and if there might be any problems with using a credit card with a card holder name which is not the same as the membership name. They mentioned that it seemed like there was no problem and my order was actually shipped sometime yesterday. They are not sure why I did not receive a shipping confirmation or why I don't see the status as being shipped on the costco order website.

So I guess all is good.
Dec 12, 2007
762 posts
107 upvotes
I ordered my Christmas tree on Monday, got the confirmation email stating it would be sent to fulfillment. No shipping email received. I signed into my Costco account online and noticed that the order was shipped. Tracked the package and hopefully will find it at home tonight as it was out for delivery. In the past, I have received the item before I received a shipping email.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1170 posts
80 upvotes
I haven't ordered from Costco online lately back the last few times I did I found that the items arrived very quickly.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2677 posts
310 upvotes
Newmarket
i ordered a baby stroller from costco on a friday.. i received the item the following wednesday. that's fast!
Oct 24, 2005
351 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
I ordered a 4 pc king size bed back on Sep 20, and got confirmation that it normally would be shipped within 6-8 weeks.

Then on Nov 20 I got a call from the delivery company and arranged it to be delivered on Nov 25, a window from 11-3PM.

I waited @ home on Nov 25, and started to call the shipping company after 1PM as there was no sign of delivery. I was told it would be delivered within the time frame. Then when it was close to 3, I called again, and was told the truck broke down and my bed cannot be delivered. So I agreed that I will stay @ home on Nov 26 to receive it.

It arrived in the time frame on Nov 26, but to my disappointment, they shipped the wrong size slats for the bed, and the delivery guys did not find out this before they assembled the headboard and the frame.

So I have to wait for another 2 weeks for the correct king size slats to arrive before I can sleep on the bed. I have de-assembled my old bed and now we are sleeping on the mattress directly put on the floor.

Customer service said this is normal and 20% of their order ended up like this. I would say if I knew this at the time of ordering, I would never have bought it from costco.

It is a very bad experience.
Jun 4, 2009
49 posts
1 upvote
Brampton
I ordered a towel set a couple of weeks ago and received the item before i received an e-mail saying it had been shipped, it only took 2 or 3 days, very fast.
Dec 19, 2010
1 posts
Montreal
Yeah Costco's order fulfillment is quite terrible. They treat it like it is a privilege to buy from them, and once you place your order, you become lowest priority. Their crude methods make for bad customer experience.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5412 posts
171 upvotes
BC
I never wait for an email but check my order status at the website a couple of times a day until its been shipped. If you look right after its posted they give you an estimated arrival date, but then its gone and you dont see it until closer to the arrival date, like the day before.

I've had no problems at all. I've never had anything arrive outside of the time frame they give for shipping.
That's my 2cents worth
× < >