• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2017 12:04 pm
[OP]
Sep 13, 2015
9 posts
37 upvotes

Costco online orders

I wonder if anybody went through this before but I tried ordering a watch through Costco.ca but they cancelled my first order saying that the credit card contact info was not correct and I tried again then called my bank, they said that they authorized the transactions in both occasions. The costco reps aren't really helpful as they keep saying what I am having already in my account. Is it logical that a transaction is okay from bank's side and not okay from merchant's one. And what would be the reason as I put the billing address I alwas put in my online orders.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
1861 posts
982 upvotes
reda88 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:52 pm
I wonder if anybody went through this before but I tried ordering a watch through Costco.ca but they cancelled my first order saying that the credit card contact info was not correct and I tried again then called my bank, they said that they authorized the transactions in both occasions. The costco reps aren't really helpful as they keep saying what I am having already in my account. Is it logical that a transaction is okay from bank's side and not okay from merchant's one. And what would be the reason as I put the billing address I alwas put in my online orders.
Not sure. Try using the correct billing address for the card you're trying to use. Is it a MasterCard?
[OP]
Sep 13, 2015
9 posts
37 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:55 pm
Not sure. Try using the correct billing address for the card you're trying to use. Is it a MasterCard?
It is a visa and I do not have any other address that I am aware of. it is weird because I do make online orders frequently from other websites but this is the first time I got such issue.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
1861 posts
982 upvotes
reda88 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:02 pm
It is a visa and I do not have any other address that I am aware of. it is weird because I do make online orders frequently from other websites but this is the first time I got such issue.
Strange. I've literally made dozens of Costco.ca orders without any issue. Not much you can do other than try a different credit card I guess.
May 7, 2008
410 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Not to derail the thread too much - but I understand costco.ca doesn't require membership.

If you are not a member and order from them online - do the same return policies apply? I know they have a very good return policy that allows you to return a lot of merchandise at any time you're not satisfied.

Can anyone confirm?
Nov 23, 2008
277 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I don't feel like registering to check if it's true online as well, but for in-store at least, Costco doesn't take VISA, could that possibly be why?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
1861 posts
982 upvotes
antihero wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 6:31 am
Not to derail the thread too much - but I understand costco.ca doesn't require membership.

If you are not a member and order from them online - do the same return policies apply? I know they have a very good return policy that allows you to return a lot of merchandise at any time you're not satisfied.

Can anyone confirm?
Yes, just return in warehouse with the printed email receipt or request pick-up using the online form.
Zewo wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:07 am
I don't feel like registering to check if it's true online as well, but for in-store at least, Costco doesn't take VISA, could that possibly be why?
They take Visa online.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4639 upvotes
I've heard Costco is snooty with addresses with no real way to fix it.

The only thing I can suggest is to ensure that it 100% matches.

ie:

123 4th Street instead of 123 Fourth Street.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1168 posts
351 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
reda88 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:52 pm
I had the exact same problem.
I called them and the customer service agent made sure the order went through.

My order was canceled like 5 times, lol.
[OP]
Sep 13, 2015
9 posts
37 upvotes
Thank you guys for your help, my second order went through. They said that due to the law, they cannot really explain why the order didn't go through in the first time. But their delivery is really fast though. Transaction accepted in the evening, delivery done at noon the next day.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8870 posts
2981 upvotes
Ottawa
Same thing happened to me when using a business CC. They didn't like the name on the actual card, they wanted the account holders name even though it doesnt appear anywhere on the card or the bill (only business name appears). This is what i was told by Visa. My 2nd order using my name with that card number went through. I guess they don't want to sell to businesses.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain