[OP]
Banned
Aug 21, 2006
629 posts
93 upvotes
GTA

Costco online return policy for non-members

Hey guys,

I recently purchased an expensive merchandise item. It's not an electronic item (televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones) - which means that the 90 day refund policy doesn't apply to this item.

Also, I'm not a member and don't intend on getting a costco membership at this time.

1. When is the last day to return this item if I'm not satisfied?

2. Can I return the item at any Costco warehouse and enter without any membership or do I have to contact customer service to initiate a return?

3. What will I need to return the item? Shipping receipt that came with the goods?

Thx ppl!
4 replies
[OP]
Banned
Aug 21, 2006
629 posts
93 upvotes
GTA
Does anyone have any info please?

I tried searching but couldn't find information on the forums... :(
Apr 6, 2009
29 posts
2 upvotes
ontario canada
as far as i know you might have a hard time if you do not have a membership and are returning an item. I've returned things up to a year and even an item a month past a year.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
2016 posts
56 upvotes
loves tweet wrote:
May 26th, 2010 7:32 pm
as far as i know you might have a hard time if you do not have a membership and are returning an item. I've returned things up to a year and even an item a month past a year.
The OP won't have any problem returning items within a reasonable amount of time. Anyone (member or not) can purchase items off their website.

Call your local Costco and get them to answer your question...I could speculate if you want! Presumably it doesn't have a time frame for non-electronic items on the internet...
Mar 22, 2006
902 posts
102 upvotes
memberships are fully refundable. If you really need a membership, just buy one, return your item and then return your membership for a full refund.

There is pretty much no limit to returning stuff although more than a couple of years might be pushing it.

You just need the receipt to return it.
× < >