Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Panasonic Smooth and Shiny Hair Dryer with Nanoe Technology

May 28, 2007
349 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
trixstar wrote: Is this better than the dyson? Wouldn't mind trying this out.
My wife prefers this over Dyson because it is 1/3 the price.
I bought both for her and according to her, they perform very similarly
Dyson is much lighter and smaller if that is worth 3x the price to you

Both are great hair dryers. According to reviews, anyone who's experienced either one loves their new hair dryer.
Jun 24, 2014
22 posts
82 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Does anyone have a screenshot of this at $154? It's showing up for me at $194.99 on Costco.ca. I'd try to price match at CDN Tire if possible. Thanks!
Apr 10, 2006
864 posts
858 upvotes
sonyminidiscman wrote: 150 bucks for a hair dryer??? what a bunch of hot air...
for that price, it should at least blow...oh wait, it does.
Nov 23, 2007
651 posts
27 upvotes
Scarborough
jc427 wrote: it looks similar but I can't tell from the flyer if it's the exact same model:

https://www.tnt-supermarket.com/on/wp-c ... b_0512.pdf

I don't know if the costco one is worth the extra $100 compared to the T&T one.
No it's not the same model. The one from T&T is the compact version which has foldable handle and only has 1400w power. The one in this thread has bigger power 1875w and I don't think the handle can be folded. But I prefer the small one as it's lighter and more portable.
T&T Model: EH-NA27 and going for $99.99 this week only until Thursday.

They also sell the costco model (I think) for $159.99
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jc427 wrote: it looks similar but I can't tell from the flyer if it's the exact same model:

https://www.tnt-supermarket.com/on/wp-c ... b_0512.pdf

I don't know if the costco one is worth the extra $100 compared to the T&T one.
This is the foldable/compact version, Costco's is the full version.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1338 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
sonyminidiscman wrote: 150 bucks for a hair dryer??? what a bunch of hot air...
Target audience - same people that pay big bucks for anti-wrinkle creams.
no sig
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1852 posts
1103 upvotes
alv077 wrote: The Nanoe thing is a bunch of hocus-pocus bs...
It is not BS. If you have actually used one you will be able to tell the difference right the way. It makes your hair smoother and shinier. I don't have this model but I have the Japanese model that costs about CAD$250 and it's worth every penny. I've also tried a Conair model that claimed to use the negative ionic technology but it's nowhere as good as Panasonic.

If you are guy with short hair it might be harder to tell the difference, but for me, Panasonic's nanoe hair dryer dries my hair half of the time compare to normal hair dryer. Also, they claim it's good for your scalp and will prevent hair loss.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
Remember the time when hair dryer used to cost $29.97...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
WL1980 wrote: Remember the time when hair dryer used to cost $29.97...
You still can find some inexpensive hair dryers at around $30, obviously it's without Nanoe Technology
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1096 posts
670 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the na65 model here and also a Babyliss volare 2 with a Ferrari designed motor. The na65 blows weaker but dries the hair in half the time.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Bought one a few months ago when it was 179 and still never opened it forgot i had it.Wife should be happy when i pull it out lol.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3518 posts
689 upvotes
Allenford
Crap, I need a better dryer and this would have been good. Can't believe I would consider paying this much $$ but my hairs been bad lately.

If anyone sees it back in stock or on sale again let me know!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2003
2050 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
Dang, missed out on the sale and wife's hair dryer just died yesterday! Will try panasonic again in the future. Had brought one back from Japan but not sure if 100V was safe to use with our 120V here. Anyway, it also died a year after but never sure for which reason.
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
codtongues wrote: My daughter just bought the Dyson from the Shopping Channel. They had a Beauty15 promo code last week which took 15% off plus I was a Rogers VIP many years ago and whenever I sign in it automatically takes 10% off. So in the end she got it for $382.49 plus tax.
$382 is a bargain for a hair dryer?? The world has gone insane. Dyson's promos must include hypnotics and stupefying agents to sucker in people with too much cash and no sense of value. Dyson's plastic fans for $500: A ring of small holes emitting air pressurized by a blower in the base creating a venturi effect to dazzle and awe those who are easily dazzled and awed and have no sense of how much they are paying for so little value.
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
" Nanoe™ technology takes moisture particles from your hair and in the air and creates ultra-fine Nanoe™ one billion times smaller than steam particles. Each moisture rich particle contains 1,000 x more water than regular ions, and deeply penetrates the hair and scalp..."

So this thing sucks and blows: It takes water from your hair (sucking) then chops it very finely, separates out the regular ions, adds special water-bucket ions, then with surgical precision inserts (blowing) the ions into each hair follicle and scalp pore. Wow. I doubt this is for home use since it must need 550V 3-phase power and a team of technicians.

Thankfully, Costco shows this as OOS.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
WL1980 wrote: Remember the time when hair dryer used to cost $29.97...
Exactly. Same folks who indulge in avocado toast and complain about their finances.
ShadowVlican
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
damn missed the deal!

GHD is also a good brand, price point between this and Dyson