• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2009 2:15 pm
Tags:
None
May 29, 2007
248 posts
17 upvotes

Costco PC returns?

I got a laptop two months ago. There is now a crack on the out take. I'm pretty sure i didn't inflict the damage myself. Pieces of the intake are protruding outwards, not inwards which would have been caused by a bump. Can i get it exchanged at costco?

If so, do they give me another 90 days to return it?
7 replies
Oct 5, 2005
345 posts
2 upvotes
I had a problem with a netbook that I purchased there at Christmas. Took it back, asked if I could just exchange it, they did a refund then I just went and bought another one, so - new receipt, new 90 day return policy.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
Thats an interesting question, it really depends on the price you got it for. For technology, it is probably cheaper for you to return it and then get a new one (since price of technology falls). This guarantees you 90 more days. Direct exchange, im not entirely sure about (never did it in Costco). I know BB gives you a new 30 days.

Of course in the case of laptop, Costco might actually see if there's damage to it and if there is, is it defective damage or user cause damage. If the deem you cost the damage, they have the right to refuse your exchange. They are not nearly as strict as FS/BB so if the crack is not due to you dropping it (say in your backpack) or dropping something on it (say a book), this shouldnt be an issue.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
275 upvotes
They have a 90 days return policy for computer and electronics. Plus, they offer 2 years warranty on computers. So. you're safe
;)
May 29, 2007
248 posts
17 upvotes
So i can still return it correct? I dont want to do a refund and purchase the same one again. When i bought the tablet, there was a $100 Off coupon for it. I dont want to pay another $100.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
rxanderq wrote: So i can still return it correct? I dont want to do a refund and purchase the same one again. When i bought the tablet, there was a $100 Off coupon for it. I dont want to pay another $100.
It is Costco, yes you can return it. They will accept it with a smile and no questions asked.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
May 29, 2007
248 posts
17 upvotes
Heres the main problem.

I love this model i have right now.

I dont think they are still carrying it. What can i do?

Can I send it in for under warranty repairs and meanwhile buy a new one to use temporarily?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
rxanderq wrote: Heres the main problem.

I love this model i have right now.

I dont think they are still carrying it. What can i do?

Can I send it in for under warranty repairs and meanwhile buy a new one to use temporarily?
Best thing to do is go NOW and ask them about your options. Don't go during the weekend because the line ups will be nuts. You warranty is directly with Costco and not HP so you cant just send it to HP (at least i dont think you can). You could also try phoning them to see what options they give you. Their customer service is great.

If you got it for a lower price, they probably will just re-sell it to you at that lower price (assuming its the same model). But if they don't have the model, they might just offer you credit based on how much you paid. Either way, the only way you can be 100% sure is talking with Costco directly.