Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10067 posts
1640 upvotes
Kingston

[Costco] Costco - Pelican Quest 100 Sit-in Kayak $325 until Apr 7

Have been waiting for this sale. $75 off their regular price of $400 until April 7

They were going out the door Noah's Ark style this morning (2 by 2). Awesome deal for a basic kayak. Actually they do come more basic but not nearly as cheap.

Included Accessories:
Poseidon black paddle
Car top carrier
Spray skirt

With its multiple touring and comfort features, the Quest 100 delivers the best in advanced materials and design. Three stability points on the hull create an extra-wide bottom surface to maximize stability. Made of RAM-X™ Premium, a multi-layer polyethylene with an advanced resin in the top layer for 30% more rigidity than standard polyethylene. Pelican™ International uses Twin Sheet Thermoforming (TST) to build the industry’s stiffest, strongest and most durable polyethylene kayaks.

Features:
Colour: Orange tone
Knee pads
Molded cockpit
Adjustable oversized foot pegs
Bow and Stern hinged hatch
Adjustable padded backrest with seat cushion
Bow and stern carrying handles
Elastic bungee cords in bow
Bottle holder
Beam: 76 cm (30 in.)
Cockpit width: 61 cm (24 in.)
Cockpit length: 119 cm (47 in.)
Maximum capacity: 136 kg (300 lb.)

Specifications:
Dimensions (L x W x H):
3 m x 76 cm x 37.6 cm
(10 ft. x 30 in. x 14.8 in.)
Weight: 21.3 kg (47.4 lb.)

Available for $100 more online for delivery. Still a great deal compared to anything else you can find out there.

Canadian Tire's comparable model is $600 but doesn't have as much storage, or a paddle, or a skirt, or a car carrier.

Costco also has PFD's made for paddling for $40 so don't forget to pick one of those up too.
20 replies
Sep 6, 2012
242 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
I have no idea but interested to pickup something like this. Is this only good for the lakes or sea-worthy 2?

How much more for two seats?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1929 posts
177 upvotes
For purely leisure use is a canoe a better buy? Costco still sells canoes right? Haven't seen one in store for a bit.

I've seen some canoes stateside in hunting/outdoor stores for around $400.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
8311 posts
1096 upvotes
Toronto
Bastich wrote:
Apr 1st, 2013 7:34 pm
Thanks OP!

This actually looks higher end than the CT one. And it includes a paddle that sells for $50 separately:
Paddle: http://www.costco.ca/Lavika™-Poseidon-K ... 33312.html
Kayak: http://www.costco.ca/Pelican™-Quest-100 ... 29703.html

Now to find a skirt that fits.
:cool:
It comes with the skirt.

I bought this last year for the same price. Great deal. No issues whatsoever with it
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10067 posts
1640 upvotes
Kingston
Bastich wrote:
Apr 1st, 2013 7:34 pm
Thanks OP!

This actually looks higher end than the CT one. And it includes a paddle that sells for $50 separately:
Paddle: http://www.costco.ca/Lavika™-Poseidon-K ... 33312.html
Kayak: http://www.costco.ca/Pelican™-Quest-100 ... 29703.html

Now to find a skirt that fits.
Looks like you didn't quite make it to the end of the sentence on the CT version:
JWL wrote:
Apr 1st, 2013 5:56 pm
Canadian Tire's comparable model is $600 but doesn't have as much storage, or a paddle, or a skirt, or a car carrier.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3413 posts
274 upvotes
Downtown Canada
JWL wrote:
Apr 1st, 2013 9:32 pm
Looks like you didn't quite make it to the end of the sentence on the CT version:
Weird, I coulda swore I posted a followup about that earlier.

MS MSP wrote:
Apr 1st, 2013 8:38 pm
It comes with the skirt.

I bought this last year for the same price. Great deal. No issues whatsoever with it
Did yours come with the "car top carrier"? Is it just straps with foam blocks?
Jun 27, 2004
813 posts
22 upvotes
Kitchener
Bastich wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2013 5:20 am
Weird, I coulda swore I posted a followup about that earlier.
Did yours come with the "car top carrier"? Is it just straps with foam blocks?
Yes, the "car top carrier" is just the foam/straps...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10067 posts
1640 upvotes
Kingston
y26day wrote:
Apr 1st, 2013 6:05 pm
I have no idea but interested to pickup something like this. Is this only good for the lakes or sea-worthy 2?

How much more for two seats?
It is not a sea kayak.

I haven't seen 2 seaters in store. There are a couple models online starting at $550: http://www.costco.ca/kayaks.html
Jan 25, 2012
9 posts
4 upvotes
BARRIE
I own two of these. They are ideal for recreational use in relatively calm waters. They have an over sized cockpit opening so you are not squeezing into a narrow hole like you would with an ocean kayak. They are 28" wide which provides for more stability for beginners. The 10' length is as short as you would want to have. These are great kayaks with some surprisingly high end add ons like the handles, multiple hatches and padded seat.

Be careful though, I had so much fun with mine I now own a 12' and 14' Wilderness Systems sit on top kayak that I use primarily for fishing and am on the lookout for another kayak.
Sep 6, 2012
242 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
Thank you all for pointing out that this is not a sea kayak. Will go check it out at local Costco then.
Aug 27, 2011
474 posts
143 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
I was thinking of picking one of these up for my sister. But am worried she will get herself in over her head. She is very strong swimmer. For those that are in the sport, am i being overprotective in thinking she could get hurt or is it pretty easy to handle? She has wanted one for a while and i think this might be perfect for her
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10067 posts
1640 upvotes
Kingston
They are easy to handle. This isn't for white water rafting! And you should always wear a life preserver. and like a said in the OP Costco also sells life preservers specifically made for paddling.

You won't find a deal anywhere near as good as this elsewhere.
× < >