Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Philips goLITE BLU Energy Light, Portable and Rechargeable - $99.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2019 12:02 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1407 posts
3191 upvotes
Can confirm the Happy light works amazing for me. Thought It wasn’t working as I was starting to feel sluggish, then realized it wasn’t turned on. Turned it on and almost instantly I felt a difference. Here’s my setup:

E92A3FF7-AA0A-41E9-BEF3-9CEDA08BE8AD.jpeg
Jan 12, 2007
281 posts
52 upvotes
lensbuyer wrote: I wonder about that too? I just want to turn on the lamp when I come home and sit down for dinner.
The Philips one has a timer and also intensity level. The idea is to have it an angle pointing towards you on your desk etc.

I have the previous Philips model. If anyone in Vancouver area is looking..PM me.

It is also meant to be used in the morning to help regulate your body clock and seasonally affective disorder (winter blues). There are studies from universities, but doesn’t mean it works for all.
Dec 21, 2012
88 posts
13 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Anyone have experience with cheap ones from AliExpress?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1669 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve got both of these.
I leave the verilux at work.
It makes a difference for me, the trick is to start early fall. The verilux even feelings warming which it isn’t.
It will work for some and not for others. Return it if you don’t like it.
Mar 23, 2017
299 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
Look up clinical studies. I've been told LED lights don't hit the spectrum. The Verilux, if I'm remembering correctly, stated you need to have it 6" from your face to get the full spectrum of light. I returned it before opening after reading that on the box.

I would venture to say bright light helps. The blue light (what we get in white light) from LEDs are damaging to our eyes in the long run.

Neither of these are true seasonal affective disorder lights, but I wouldnt be surprised if they feel helpful. It's the same thing as why being on your phone or by a screen can negatively impact healthy sleep.

You can find actual S.A.D. lights for under $150 if you google and they are meant to be used first thing in the morning for a half hour.

Do your research if you need this for clinical depression reasons.
Aug 27, 2008
58 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
Noticed this dropped to $89.97 online now Costco now.
Jan 17, 2011
54 posts
8 upvotes
Surrey BC
Essentially it has to be whiteish and approx 10K lux. Idea is to kinda replicate the sun and you are supposed to be within a few feet just like the photo with the light on a desk. It is known to have some positive effects.